Farrington Vs Waipahu Game

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
cmak11
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Farrington Vs Waipahu Game

Post by cmak11 »

have mixed feeling about the game.....farrington was playing dirty...they was being farrington...lost a lot of respect for coach randall okimoto....he's teams are so cocky...and he does nothing about it..thats why they'll never win a championship....with that said,i also feel like payback is a female dog...karma will get you..in the past, Waipahu would do the same thing what farrington was doing to them too to far lesser teams...now you"re on the other side of the butt whipping....karma karma karma

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Farrington Vs Waipahu Game

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

cmak11 wrote:have mixed feeling about the game.....farrington was playing dirty...they was being farrington...lost a lot of respect for coach randall okimoto....he's teams are so cocky...and he does nothing about it..thats why they'll never win a championship....with that said,i also feel like payback is a female dog...karma will get you..in the past, Waipahu would do the same thing what farrington was doing to them too to far lesser teams...now you"re on the other side of the butt whipping....karma karma karma
I have no mixed feelings at all. Farrington played dirty, pure and simple, and the team embarrassed the school AND the alumni, ON TV, in front of the entire state. As head coach, Okimoto HAS to do something about it. It should be embarrassing to him that the PRINCIPAL felt he had to talk to the team after the game was cut short. Did Waipahu play dirty in the past? I don't remember them doing so. As for Farrington, the team needs to keep in mind that they'll be playing a number of teams that are just as physical as THEY are, and what GOES around, COMES around.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
cmak11 wrote:i also feel like payback is a female dog...karma will get you..in the past, Waipahu would do the same thing what farrington was doing to them too to far lesser teams...now you"re on the other side of the butt whipping....karma karma karma
Did Waipahu play dirty in the past? I don't remember them doing so.
Waipahu has played clean ball the past 3 seasons......under Eric Keola.

westside.gee
High-quality H20 provider

Post by westside.gee »

That game is a good example why parents are turning to other sports for their kids. Not only is it already a dangerous sport but teams like Farrington turn it into a barbaric event with blind side head hunting on punts and kick offs, whats a 15 yard penalty going to do when you are up 21-0? These kids knowingly break the rule just to get a highlight on youtube or bragging rights with their teammates.

cmak11
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by cmak11 »

Waipahu has cleaned it up these past few years. Could it be because they're in D1 now...when they were in D2...they were almost just as bad.....but don't get me wrong...what Farrington did was terrible...and the coaches does nothing about...hopefully Mililani will get them (and I'm not a Mililani fan), but I really hope Mililani pays them back....poor Waipahu..first Farrington and now Kahuku this week...ouch!!....And I think Kahuku is a better team...maybe not as big but I think they're better overall then Farrington is..

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

agreed, I mean they had like 7 personal fouls in a span of just 2 quarters! Totally uncalled for and farrington better watch out they don't find themselves on the other end.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Farrington has been the brides maid the past 25 years. I think they are taking their frustrations out on the weaker teams. I saw a highlight reel of the so called 4 star D Lineman for the Govs and it was highlights of their game against Castle LOL. I think that Waipahu game was another opportunity for them to create highlight tapes to send to colleges, ya think?

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I didn't watch the game so I'm probably out of place here on how "dirty" the game was. I'm also not too familiar with Waipahu's roster although I think I read they had like 23 players on academic probation. But what's your opinion this? Waipahu was getting killed and I guess had some players go down with injuries. So that would obviously mean the reserve players would get some playing time! But of course, the coach called the game off. Now if you're a parent of a player or even a former player, how would you feel about that? I know this isn't Pop Warner, but you would finally get a chance to play in an actual game and instead your coach calls it off. I mean is it just better to not risk more injuries to these players who would probably not ever get to play? Or is it upsetting that you get your chance to play but then it's crushed.

I mean of course if Waipahu didn't feel like they had enough players left, that's a different story, but even if it was just a hypothetical situation, what do you think of it?

mrwhite
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mrwhite »

Waipahu and even Kaimuki has been playing "dirty" against the weaker teams in the White for a while until they moved up to the Red. I remember when Kaimuki moved up after being in the White Championship the year before, and they got a rude awakening when Aiea destroyed them 50-something to 7. And Aiea was (and still is) considered a bottom feeder in the Red at the time. When you know that your team is just that much better than your opponent, then of course you're gonna play with more aggression. That's what Farrington did. They know Waipahu don't belong in the same league as them, and they played like it. They're no different than Waipahu was when they played Anuenue, or Punahou when they play Damien.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I am alumni. I saw the game. I was really disappointed with coach Okimoto who seemed to just stand on sidelines and do nothing as I watched the penalties accumulate. Could have ended up being in the 20s. I also was not happy with coaches comments later saying that the penalty that took the Waipahu player out of the game would not have been a penalty last year. I would have thought that it was the coaches job to see that his players conformed to the rules of the game. Interesting how it was the school principal who talked to the players and told them to tone it down.

Governors are huge up front. Their 420 lb offensive right guard is so big he makes Fehoko look small. I thought Fehoko was D1 ready last year. Now he is even better. Way better than his brothers. They still will have to rely on their ruining game. But the back they picked up from St Francis is fast and can score on any play behind that huge oline. They also have that Iosefa type bruiser so they can change it up. Not too impressed with Liana. He needs to be more consistent. If we had the Leilehua qb this offense would be deadly. Another player to watch on defense is number 11. I forgot his name. Very athletic. I see him playing at the next level.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

RedZone wrote:I am alumni. I saw the game. I was really disappointed with coach Okimoto who seemed to just stand on sidelines and do nothing as I watched the penalties accumulate. Could have ended up being in the 20s. I also was not happy with coaches comments later saying that the penalty that took the Waipahu player out of the game would not have been a penalty last year. I would have thought that it was the coaches job to see that his players conformed to the rules of the game. Interesting how it was the school principal who talked to the players and told them to tone it down.

Governors are huge up front. Their 420 lb offensive right guard is so big he makes Fehoko look small. I thought Fehoko was D1 ready last year. Now he is even better. Way better than his brothers. They still will have to rely on their ruining game. But the back they picked up from St Francis is fast and can score on any play behind that huge oline. They also have that Iosefa type bruiser so they can change it up. Not too impressed with Liana. He needs to be more consistent. If we had the Leilehua qb this offense would be deadly. Another player to watch on defense is number 11. I forgot his name. Very athletic. I see him playing at the next level.
Good to see a Farrington grad get-up on this thread, post, and tell it like it is. Okimoto himself is a Farrington grad; he embarrassed his alma mater and fellow alumni by allowing the team to play like that. The principal, Carganilla, is also a Farrington grad. Good that HE talked to the team.

Regarding Farrington's O-line: They're huge all right, but are they GOOD? A huge O-line that's slow, for example, will not be as good as you think. Kaimuki had a massive O-line some 14 or 15 years ago I believe, but it was slow. Kaimuki didn't even make the playoffs that year. A quick, strong D-line can neutralize the effectiveness of a massive O-line.

westside.gee

Post by westside.gee »

Every dog has their day and if Waipahu was bullying around weaker teams in D2 then well now karma really is a B***

Farringtons passing game has still not improved so I dont see them getting to the OIA finals game this year, size and muscle means nothing when the top teams have just as much size. Same old story with them, they really need to change the offensive coordinator.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

westside.gee wrote:Every dog has their day and if Waipahu was bullying around weaker teams in D2 then well now karma really is a B***

Farringtons passing game has still not improved so I dont see them getting to the OIA finals game this year, size and muscle means nothing when the top teams have just as much size. Same old story with them, they really need to change the offensive coordinator.
I recall Farrington's passing game being respectable some four years ago; perhaps Farrington's QB and receivers just aren't that good this year? But, don't they have a decent RB?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

westside.gee wrote:Every dog has their day and if Waipahu was bullying around weaker teams in D2 then well now karma really is a B***

I recall Farrington's passing game being respectable some four years ago; perhaps Farrington's QB and receivers just aren't that good this year? But, don't they have a decent RB?
When Drake Miller and Sooalu were players?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote:

When Drake Miller and Sooalu were players?
Can't remember, but it must have been about three or four years ago. Also, I have to take back my comment about Farrington's QB. Apparently, he's supposed to be pretty good.