Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 and beyond

Post by rrforlifebaby »

JUS_another_brotha wrote:No not really cause no one left Kahuku thatw as good that went to any ILH team. As of today, Kahuku already lost the freshman class now. I heard 7 or 8 went to St Louis?????
AS has been said before, Big Red loses kids all the time. Have you seen how many underclassmen played this year? Nothing new about losing kids, we'll be fine.

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

I was at the Kahuku/Pun game and I've had a chance to see parts of it in replay a couple of times now and I remain amazed at how well Kahuku did, especially defensively. All I remember hearing all season was that this was a down year for Kahuku, and then there was the loss to Kaiser with all those turnovers. The playoff games were pretty close affairs coming into the Punahou game, and I thought they dodged a bullet with the Hilo game. I didn't think the game would be very high scoring but if someone had told me that the ONLY offensive touchdown in the game was the result of a five yard drive after a turnover, I would have asked them what they were smoking. I just thought that it bears repeating what a great, great effort the Red Raiders made.

MauiRaider
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MauiRaider »

In my opinion, the game between Kahuku and Punahou was one I thought Kahuku should have won. We can blame the Officials for the (2) critical pass interference calls late in the game, but was more telling was the continuation of inconsistency with our offense running the ball effectively, poor play calling allowing our QB to throw when he didn't have to which resulted in interceptions in critical situations which killed possible scoring drives. I just felt since the Kaiser game, our Offense has gotten worse and if it wasn't for our Defense, we wouldn't have made this far in the State Playoffs. It boils down to Coaching or lack thereof. Coach Lee Lesley in a interview with ScoringLive we are not a smash ball type of offense. If that's the case what type of offense were they? Because of this, Kahuku was not as successful as they should have been. With the talent and physical players they had on this year's team, there's no reason why they shouldn't have won this year's O.I.A. & State DI Titles. What was missing was a consistent Offense because our Defense was great. The winning formula for Kahuku capturing (7) which should of have been 8 State DI Titles and 20 + O.I.A. Championships, was a Outstanding Defense and a Strong Running Game on Offense. Kahuku better get their Offense resolved before next season rolls again. If not, we'll see a repeat of this Season.

JetTrOpt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JetTrOpt »

Kahuku has a bright future with guys like santiago, atauaia, kesi ah hoy, Latu and company returning. That number 43 or 47 too looks good even though he's undersized. All they gotta do is get continiutiy in the Lee leslie's offense. Qbs and receivers gotta start getting together running routes once in a while.

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

D1 Red and D1 White Big Boys Jr Prep champions. D2 Red runner up. Congrats Laie Park Raiders!!! Future looking bright.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

MauiRaider wrote:In my opinion, the game between Kahuku and Punahou was one I thought Kahuku should have won. We can blame the Officials for the (2) critical pass interference calls late in the game, but was more telling was the continuation of inconsistency with our offense running the ball effectively, poor play calling allowing our QB to throw when he didn't have to which resulted in interceptions in critical situations which killed possible scoring drives. I just felt since the Kaiser game, our Offense has gotten worse and if it wasn't for our Defense, we wouldn't have made this far in the State Playoffs. It boils down to Coaching or lack thereof. Coach Lee Lesley in a interview with ScoringLive we are not a smash ball type of offense. If that's the case what type of offense were they? Because of this, Kahuku was not as successful as they should have been. With the talent and physical players they had on this year's team, there's no reason why they shouldn't have won this year's O.I.A. & State DI Titles. What was missing was a consistent Offense because our Defense was great. The winning formula for Kahuku capturing (7) which should of have been 8 State DI Titles and 20 + O.I.A. Championships, was a Outstanding Defense and a Strong Running Game on Offense. Kahuku better get their Offense resolved before next season rolls again. If not, we'll see a repeat of this Season.
i guess salla wily should also throw the ball and catch it too while he plays runing back and dline? the players played their hearts out and left it all on the field, injuries and lack of depth hurt us more then anything else. i dont wanna see anymore concussions or broken collar bones on our boys, we need to get out of the stoneage and have a balanced offense that maximizes our already superior talent. kahukus rb from two years ago faga wily played 3years on vars and they run his body into the ground, he didnt even last two games in college and his career ended due to concussion.

all us red raider fans shouldnt be chanting "running the ball is our only chance to win", we should be chanting "develop the passing game and we will smash everyone in our way!" - 2010/11/12 with evan moe at QB we had a balanced passing attack and we anihilated everyone in our path. next year we want to be going in that direction
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

you all saw the bama/auburn game over the weekend (55 to 44) and Kahuku has been compared to SEC teams in how they pride themselves in the run and playing defense. That bama game was anything but defense. The rules around the game is changing and protecting the offensive players favoring the wide receivers, teams are taking advantage of the rules and scoring a lot of points. college and high school games are looking like basketball scores, kahuku needs to get with the program and score points. they will always have hard hitting defense but lets throw the ball and score points now, the run game is also an important part which will help kahuku close out games and win.

the only way we can scrap the "run only" offense is to do what the principal did and bring in a new face that has a mindset of being balanced. reggie would always fall back to what worked and that was run only, 10years later and the mentality dont change. there is a reason leilehua/mililani/castle/moanalua is always good at passing and its because the mentality of the coaches is always coaching to pass.

once again we will always have a running game, imagine if we had the luxury to go to the pass!!
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:you all saw the bama/auburn game over the weekend (55 to 44) and Kahuku has been compared to SEC teams in how they pride themselves in the run and playing defense. That bama game was anything but defense. The rules around the game is changing and protecting the offensive players favoring the wide receivers, teams are taking advantage of the rules and scoring a lot of points. college and high school games are looking like basketball scores, kahuku needs to get with the program and score points. they will always have hard hitting defense but lets throw the ball and score points now, the run game is also an important part which will help kahuku close out games and win.

the only way we can scrap the "run only" offense is to do what the principal did and bring in a new face that has a mindset of being balanced. reggie would always fall back to what worked and that was run only, 10years later and the mentality dont change. there is a reason leilehua/mililani/castle/moanalua is always good at passing and its because the mentality of the coaches is always coaching to pass.

once again we will always have a running game, imagine if we had the luxury to go to the pass!!
I would think that if a school has a super-good O-line with good size, and an outstanding RB, why can't they stay with the running game? If they can get 4 yards on each carry, and march down the field, scoring TDs in time-consuming fashion, that keeps the other school's offense off the field. In addition, such a punishing running game wears-down the other school's defense, which means you can likely rip-off more yards-per-carry and more TDs late in the game, like in the 4th quarter. And, assuming that running teams have fewer turnovers than passing teams--(no interceptions)--the other school has far fewer opportunities to score. As they say: When you throw the ball, three things can happen, and two of them are bad. So, give Kahuku a huge and good O-line--and a good RB--and I think they can still win a championship with the running game. I think that's true especially on the high-school level.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

4 things happen when you throw:
- 2 good (catch it, defensive interference)
- 2 bad (miss it, interception)

being a run only team does not guarantee TD's, in the red zone the defense will stack the box with 10 players. play action or a hint of passing the ball is needed at some point.
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

huki-lau-lau wrote:4 things happen when you throw:
- 2 good (catch it, defensive interference)
- 2 bad (miss it, interception)

being a run only team does not guarantee TD's, in the red zone the defense will stack the box with 10 players. play action or a hint of passing the ball is needed at some point.
Yeah, I think the traditional version goes: 1 good (completion), 2 bad (incomplete, interception). Anyway, once you're in the red zone, you won't have to pass more than 20 yards, maybe less. (And that's if and when you have to pass.) Obviously, it also depends on how good the other school's defense is: Are they stronger against the pass or against the run? How good are their DBs (which would presumably be a bigger factor against passing plays)?

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

I admire Kahuku fans for protecting their boys from the Oahu Townies just like how Molokai residents are protective of their fish resources being raided from Oahu Townies.

Most locals get mad when you invade their resources, just ask the Molokai fishermen.
http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/ ... hing-Fight

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gridiron22 wrote:I admire Kahuku fans for protecting their boys from the Oahu Townies just like how Molokai residents are protective of their fish resources being raided from Oahu Townies.

Most locals get mad when you invade their resources, just ask the Molokai fishermen.
http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/ ... hing-Fight
If fewer parents of should-be Kahuku players sent their kids to Punahou, perhaps it would have been Kahuku--not Punahou--that played Mililani for the state D1 title. Instead, Kahuku could only watch from the stands.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

end of the Lee leslie era! thank u coach for your dedication and interest in kahuku football all the way from idaho, one and done but a well needed breath of fresh air.
-------------------

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

huki-lau-lau wrote:end of the Lee leslie era! thank u coach for your dedication and interest in kahuku football all the way from idaho, one and done but a well needed breath of fresh air.
No disrespect to coach Leslie but there was nothing wrong with the air when Torres was the coach. :D

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

BowTow wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:end of the Lee leslie era! thank u coach for your dedication and interest in kahuku football all the way from idaho, one and done but a well needed breath of fresh air.
No disrespect to coach Leslie but there was nothing wrong with the air when Torres was the coach. :D
So are they going to bring Torres back? Probably not with that Principal. Also, Torres said, "I'm happy at Punahou." Scandalous words from a Kahuku grad!