Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Post by huki-lau-lau »

fyi for any possible Kahuku alum that browse this forum, tanoai reed kahuku c/o 1990 (dwayne johnsons stunt double) posted a gofundme fundraiser to raise $10k to remodel kahukus weight room. he will match the 10k once its raised. In 7 days we got to the half way mark but are still far away from the goal. support if u can cause the same ole ripped up equipment is stil there from over 20 years.

http://www.gofundme.com/86xbwg
Last edited by huki-lau-lau on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Kahuku High New Weight room

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Thanks for posting by braddah!
I'll be donating.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 and beyond

Post by huki-lau-lau »

thanks to all who supported, in less then a month we hit the goal of $10k and plans are in the works to get that much needed upgrade for our kids

-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

this past weekend

Kahuku 56
Castle 19

besides the kapolei win (35-19) there really hasnt been a true test on our team, and even then the kapolei team were not themselves that night due to the unfortuneate events on that night. im excited to think we are returning being a title contendor this year but gotta keep it real and see what happens the next 3 weeks (kaiser/leilehua/waianae). that leilehua game is going to be interesteing because mililani blew them out in preseason scrimmage so if kahuku struggles or even loses to mules then we might be able to determine mililani as the clear favorite to return to the state title game against puns.

rest assured though, myself I am thinking kahuku will win that leleihua game.
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

new coach lee leslie class act. so far so good on the season i like what he is doing with the talent and i think he has the program going in the right direction hopefully we can get more of our kids to stay home and play for the home team.

scoringlive stepping up their game and putting videos up, paul honda at staradver being showed up with the information access, lol. all good, all we want is videos and articles where ever the source may be.

Link
-------------------

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

One would think with all the Kahuku grads who went onto the NFL, they 10k could be raised without public support :-?
Glad you all were able to meet the goal :hello1:

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

@bigwave

kemoaeatus bros are donating a big chunk too, but when you think about it unless you are a franchise player most nfl players are not millionaires. the "not for long" league will have you broke and on the streets once you retire and not wise with your money.

I myself wouldnt depend on those few that made it, but rather have more people from the community be apart of it and take pride knowing they were able to help and continue to overlook the program. THE SUM OF MANY PARTS is what defines the north shore community
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

seen a few kapolei games this year and very interested in what kind of success DJ can reach as the new OC. I played under DJ a few years here at kahuku and know the intensity and confidence that he coaches with. but that kapolei offense with all that talent and massive OLine looks like a mess this year. not sure why but if you look at our new coach Leslie here at kahuku he has our offense doing things that i never thought wed be able to do. is the talent here in kahuku that much more better? or is the coaching style from leslie (mainland style) to DJ (local style) that much different?
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

huki-lau-lau wrote:seen a few kapolei games this year and very interested in what kind of success DJ can reach as the new OC. I played under DJ a few years here at kahuku and know the intensity and confidence that he coaches with. but that kapolei offense with all that talent and massive OLine looks like a mess this year. not sure why but if you look at our new coach Leslie here at kahuku he has our offense doing things that i never thought wed be able to do. is the talent here in kahuku that much more better? or is the coaching style from leslie (mainland style) to DJ (local style) that much different?
I think it takes a special kind of mentality to play smash mouth football like the Red Raiders, Govs and Seariders know how to do. Kapolei's offense prior to DJ has been more finesse. With that O-line and backfield, they really should be doing a little more damage. Maybe DJ should've done what he did when he coached at Kailua and Kaimuki, brought along some boys from the Northshore to help in the transition...lol.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Kaiser showing they belong in D1, beating Kahuku by one point in the last 20 seconds of the game.

Kaiser going to a high speed no huddle offense in the 4th quarter along with Kahuku turnovers on offense and the defense got worn out.
Thats seems to be the trend in high school football, high speed uptempo Oregon offense like. The only thing that stops that is SEC type power teams
that have studs at every position. Kahuku used to be like that and thats why their smash mouth style remained relevant and translated into championships.

Last year you started to see how a weak secondary could not prevent points from these uptempo offenses, and if things dont get fixed soon it will be the same fate for kahuku this year once playoffs come and teams like mililani and punahou do that uptempo stuff.

Back to the drawing board big red. you had fun playing around with the weaker d1 teams but got a wake up call today. stop messing around and play some defense.
I like how they put Soli on defense in the second half he needs to stay there the whole game.
-------------------

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

huki-lau-lau wrote:Kaiser showing they belong in D1, beating Kahuku by one point in the last 20 seconds of the game.

Kaiser going to a high speed no huddle offense in the 4th quarter along with Kahuku turnovers on offense and the defense got worn out.
Thats seems to be the trend in high school football, high speed uptempo Oregon offense like. The only thing that stops that is SEC type power teams
that have studs at every position. Kahuku used to be like that and thats why their smash mouth style remained relevant and translated into championships.

Last year you started to see how a weak secondary could not prevent points from these uptempo offenses, and if things dont get fixed soon it will be the same fate for kahuku this year once playoffs come and teams like mililani and punahou do that uptempo stuff.

Back to the drawing board big red. you had fun playing around with the weaker d1 teams but got a wake up call today. stop messing around and play some defense.
I like how they put Soli on defense in the second half he needs to stay there the whole game.
totally agree. Not
so much pressure by the defense. Offense looked horrible!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

huki-lau-lau wrote:Kaiser showing they belong in D1, beating Kahuku by one point in the last 20 seconds of the game.

that have studs at every position.
Kahuku used to be like that and thats why their smash mouth style remained relevant and translated into championships.
Wrong there's two things that stop it. One is what you said. The other is what is wrong with UH...not having a frickin offense that moves the ball!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Does Punahou use the up-tempo passing game?

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

There's no excuses for losing to Kaiser wether it's turnovers or penalties, Kaiser still out played kahuku! I just realized that tuli is not a good QB. He holds on the ball to long, look lost everytime and doesn't read the defense. Typical kahuku QB. For the defense there safeties doing the same mistakes as last year, there letting receivers get past them...big plays came from that and they should change the safeties

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

harus0ra wrote:There's no excuses for losing to Kaiser wether it's turnovers or penalties, Kaiser still out played kahuku! I just realized that tuli is not a good QB. He holds on the ball to long, look lost everytime and doesn't read the defense. Typical kahuku QB. For the defense there safeties doing the same mistakes as last year, there letting receivers get past them...big plays came from that and they should change the safeties
a good safety can play mind games with the QB and lure him in to making those long throws which our safety was successful in doing on those two long bombs for td, problem is our safety didnt have the recover speed to break up the pass or even catch the wr after the catch. Maybe thats the best personnel we have for the safety position.

tuli is a great QB and more then enough for what we need to win games, our offense does not demand him to make a ton of throws every game, just follow the game plan and let the coaches call the plays. tuli broke off a 60+ yd td against kaiser which is impressive so he adds that dimension to the offense, we have won state titles with far less talented qb's at the helm.
-------------------