Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
WITblitztrend
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 and beyond

Post by WITblitztrend »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:It will be made official tomorow morning April 20, 2015 as Vae Tata our new HC.
Tata is a very qualified and experinced coach from the college ranks, some kahuku alumni that have crossed paths with Tata over the years in college and also back in the 90's high school, they talk very highly of him. I am confident that the community will get behind him. as a person of his stature i am excited to have him.

BUT

and this is a big but! and this is my perosnal opinon only, he needs to show that he is willing to get behind the community - best way to do this is by living in the district and spending endless hours with the kids just like how reggie and leslie did (i think tata does have family in kahuku). also keeping his assistant coaches as kahuku alumni. us red raiders are to prideful we already discruntled that our own principal dont believe in an alumni to be hc, and if Tata bring his stlouis boys from town to be asistants then that will not sit well with alumni whose mostly the fathers of the current and the upcoming players.

I said this lastyear with leslie and even 5 years ago with reggie, the varsity coaches need to recognize and respect the fact that the talent in high school is coming from the laie park big boyz. the talent is being handed on a silver spoon to kahuku varsity and punahou and stlouis schools straight from laie park. any coach from the laie park big boyz leageu can lead kahuku varsity to state championships with that talent but the past two years the principal seems to be focused on gettting a connections to scholarships (which i think is a big crock of bull) thats why the past 2 coaches are outside the community.

anyway at this very moment one of the stluios faithful was so prideful to post on their twitter "kahuku smart to hire a crusader to lead them back to championships"
its all just chitter chatter but kahuku is prideful too and will be sure to keep tata on his toes and remind him that he representing kahuku now and the crusaders need him more then we do...

..no really! stlouis needs him, a few of the kahuku studs are returning to kahuku from stlouis.
Yeah, I agree that it's always a good idea to consider hiring an alumnus of a school to be HC at that particular school. While Kahuku's principal might have good intentions, I think she should weigh those intentions against what the alumni want. It's not a good idea to antagonize the alumni; any and every high school needs alumni support.
With all due respect to Tata, I doubt that he's a better coach than Cal Lee. I mean, Lee is a legend. And, ironically enough, didn't Tata play for Lee at St Louis? Are St Louis players really defecting back to Kahuku? I mean, I personally am neutral between St Louis and Kahuku; I didn't attend either one. Normally I'd be partial to the public school, but I've always respected St Louis for being an all-boys' school. I think it takes a lot of character to attend an all-boys' school like St Louis; you have to forego being around girls all day. I really respect that. And now that Damien is co-ed, St Louis is the only all-boys' school around. I have to give them credit for that. The St Louis brotherhood continues.
I disagree with this quote...
I believe the principal is doing what is right by hiring the best qualified candidate every year to prepare the Laie talent for Post Secondary endeavors.
I won't discredit the Laie park coaches, but to me they at best are like any other coaches. The difference is they coach ultra athletic kids who make them look better than they really are.
Having a coach like Tata reinforces the commitment to prep these student athletes for the next level, arguably more of an important goal than winning any "championship"...

Now in spite of my comments, Kahuku should win the Championship this year if they can progress and peak at the right time....Like any other of the top 5 elite teams in the state this year! It will be an exciting year of football!!

WITblitztrend
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WITblitztrend »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:It will be made official tomorow morning April 20, 2015 as Vae Tata our new HC.
Tata is a very qualified and experinced coach from the college ranks, some kahuku alumni that have crossed paths with Tata over the years in college and also back in the 90's high school, they talk very highly of him. I am confident that the community will get behind him. as a person of his stature i am excited to have him.

BUT

and this is a big but! and this is my perosnal opinon only, he needs to show that he is willing to get behind the community - best way to do this is by living in the district and spending endless hours with the kids just like how reggie and leslie did (i think tata does have family in kahuku). also keeping his assistant coaches as kahuku alumni. us red raiders are to prideful we already discruntled that our own principal dont believe in an alumni to be hc, and if Tata bring his stlouis boys from town to be asistants then that will not sit well with alumni whose mostly the fathers of the current and the upcoming players.

I said this lastyear with leslie and even 5 years ago with reggie, the varsity coaches need to recognize and respect the fact that the talent in high school is coming from the laie park big boyz. the talent is being handed on a silver spoon to kahuku varsity and punahou and stlouis schools straight from laie park. any coach from the laie park big boyz leageu can lead kahuku varsity to state championships with that talent but the past two years the principal seems to be focused on gettting a connections to scholarships (which i think is a big crock of bull) thats why the past 2 coaches are outside the community.

anyway at this very moment one of the stluios faithful was so prideful to post on their twitter "kahuku smart to hire a crusader to lead them back to championships"
its all just chitter chatter but kahuku is prideful too and will be sure to keep tata on his toes and remind him that he representing kahuku now and the crusaders need him more then we do...

..no really! stlouis needs him, a few of the kahuku studs are returning to kahuku from stlouis.
Yeah, I agree that it's always a good idea to consider hiring an alumnus of a school to be HC at that particular school. While Kahuku's principal might have good intentions, I think she should weigh those intentions against what the alumni want. It's not a good idea to antagonize the alumni; any and every high school needs alumni support.
With all due respect to Tata, I doubt that he's a better coach than Cal Lee. I mean, Lee is a legend. And, ironically enough, didn't Tata play for Lee at St Louis? Are St Louis players really defecting back to Kahuku? I mean, I personally am neutral between St Louis and Kahuku; I didn't attend either one. Normally I'd be partial to the public school, but I've always respected St Louis for being an all-boys' school. I think it takes a lot of character to attend an all-boys' school like St Louis; you have to forego being around girls all day. I really respect that. And now that Damien is co-ed, St Louis is the only all-boys' school around. I have to give them credit for that. The St Louis brotherhood continues.
I disagree with this quote...
I believe the principal is doing what is right by hiring the best qualified candidate every year to prepare the Laie talent for Post Secondary endeavors.
I won't discredit the Laie park coaches, but to me they at best are like any other coaches. The difference is they coach ultra athletic kids who make them look better than they really are.
Having a coach like Tata reinforces the commitment to prep these student athletes for the next level, arguably more of an important goal than winning any "championship"...

Now in spite of my comments, Kahuku should win the Championship this year if they can progress and peak at the right time....Like any other of the top 5 elite teams in the state this year! It will be an exciting year of football!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@WITblitztrend: You say any of the Top Five could win the state title; think I'll have to disagree there. Kamehameha is #5 but I don't think they could take it. I think their running game and their secondary aren't good enough (especially their secondary). Their top two RBs are out with injuries, and even they aren't blue-chippers. As far as I know, none of their DBs are blue-chippers, either. I think Kamehameha can neither run the ball nor protect against the pass. Note: I think coach Cosbie should put Sua-Godinet in the secondary. They have a better QB in Yam, and while Sua-Godinet is also a good receiver, Noa is better. I think Sua-Godinet can also be an RB, as he was a good scrambler at QB. But, I think they need him more in the secondary. I'm going on the theory that a good receiver also makes a good DB. Right now Sua-Godinet is out with a knee injury, but he should be healed in a week.
I do agree that all of the other four teams--Mililani, Punahou, St Louis, and Kahuku--have a chance for the state title. Obviously, #1 Mililani is the favorite.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

WITblitztrend wrote: I disagree with this quote...

the diferenc with laie park coaches is they represent the pride of community that they parents an kids buy into. eveyone wants to be a redraider becasue the alumni comeback into the commutiny and represent by coaching and training the young generation. lee leslie and tata are nothing but tools for the admins to use in getting an eye into the college mainland scene, the kids in laie want to be true RR4L like their fathers an uncles an cousins, not tata or leslie.

stlouis and ron lee run n shoot is nothing with out talent, why crusaders win 15 titles in the 1990's, not because coaching but because they recruited the best talent. same coach ron lee run n shoot 2014 but no even win ILH. talent is key to any coach success and tata inheret some good talent this year at kahuku and yes i beleieve they can take it all this year if they stay healthy.
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

huki-lau-lau wrote: Having a coach like Tata reinforces the commitment to prep these student athletes for the next level, arguably more of an important goal than winning any "championship"...
if education is more immportant then athleteics then why do parents let the kids play sports? its obvious that sports it the ticket to a scholarship for most familieys
the admin and teachers n staff are responsible for the kids getting educated. the coach is responsible for coaching the sport.

blame the school//system/admin/teachers/parents/students for poor grades, not the football coach.

when suiaki win mulitple championshiops in early 2000's they were pushing 7-12 kids to college on scholarship every year, winning will do that for you. mililani is winning and now college coaching is looking at them. win and they will come adn when they come be sure your teachers have the student athlete prepared for the sat and act
Last edited by huki-lau-lau on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
WITblitztrend wrote: I disagree with this quote...

the diferenc with laie park coaches is they represent the pride of community that they parents an kids buy into. eveyone wants to be a redraider becasue the alumni comeback into the commutiny and represent by coaching and training the young generation. lee leslie and tata are nothing but tools for the admins to use in getting an eye into the college mainland scene, the kids in laie want to be true RR4L like their fathers an uncles an cousins, not tata or leslie.

stlouis and ron lee run n shoot is nothing with out talent, why crusaders win 15 titles in the 1990's, not because coaching but because they recruited the best talent. same coach ron lee run n shoot 2014 but no even win ILH. talent is key to any coach success and tata inheret some good talent this year at kahuku and yes i beleieve they can take it all this year if they stay healthy.
@huki-lau-lau: Yeah, I think Kahuku's Admin should have hired a Kahuku alumnus. Nonetheless, now that Tata is the coach, Kahuku alumni should rally 'round him. You want to see Kahuku win, right? Kahuku alumni will have to ignore the fact that Tata is a St Louis alumnus.

WITblitztrend
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WITblitztrend »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote: Having a coach like Tata reinforces the commitment to prep these student athletes for the next level, arguably more of an important goal than winning any "championship"...
if education is more immportant then athleteics then why do parents let the kids play sports? its obvious that sports it the ticket to a scholarship for most familieys
the admin and teachers n staff are responsible for the kids getting educated. the coach is responsible for coaching the sport.

blame the school//system/admin/teachers/parents/students for poor grades, not the football coach.

when suiaki win mulitple championshiops in early 2000's they were pushing 7-12 kids to college on scholarship every year, winning will do that for you. mililani is winning and now college coaching is looking at them. win and they will come adn when they come be sure your teachers have the student athlete prepared for the sat and act
I like your perspective. Good points, I have to agree in the "It takes a Village philosophy"

RedBull
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Post by RedBull »

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kah ... 7600C79155

When most of the talent stayed in K-Town!