Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 and beyond

Post by huki-lau-lau »

It will be made official tomorow morning April 20, 2015 as Vae Tata our new HC.
Tata is a very qualified and experinced coach from the college ranks, some kahuku alumni that have crossed paths with Tata over the years in college and also back in the 90's high school, they talk very highly of him. I am confident that the community will get behind him. as a person of his stature i am excited to have him.

BUT

and this is a big but! and this is my perosnal opinon only, he needs to show that he is willing to get behind the community - best way to do this is by living in the district and spending endless hours with the kids just like how reggie and leslie did (i think tata does have family in kahuku). also keeping his assistant coaches as kahuku alumni. us red raiders are to prideful we already discruntled that our own principal dont believe in an alumni to be hc, and if Tata bring his stlouis boys from town to be asistants then that will not sit well with alumni whose mostly the fathers of the current and the upcoming players.

I said this lastyear with leslie and even 5 years ago with reggie, the varsity coaches need to recognize and respect the fact that the talent in high school is coming from the laie park big boyz. the talent is being handed on a silver spoon to kahuku varsity and punahou and stlouis schools straight from laie park. any coach from the laie park big boyz leageu can lead kahuku varsity to state championships with that talent but the past two years the principal seems to be focused on gettting a connections to scholarships (which i think is a big crock of bull) thats why the past 2 coaches are outside the community.

anyway at this very moment one of the stluios faithful was so prideful to post on their twitter "kahuku smart to hire a crusader to lead them back to championships"
its all just chitter chatter but kahuku is prideful too and will be sure to keep tata on his toes and remind him that he representing kahuku now and the crusaders need him more then we do...

..no really! stlouis needs him, a few of the kahuku studs are returning to kahuku from stlouis.
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 and beyond

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:It will be made official tomorow morning April 20, 2015 as Vae Tata our new HC.
Tata is a very qualified and experinced coach from the college ranks, some kahuku alumni that have crossed paths with Tata over the years in college and also back in the 90's high school, they talk very highly of him. I am confident that the community will get behind him. as a person of his stature i am excited to have him.

BUT

and this is a big but! and this is my perosnal opinon only, he needs to show that he is willing to get behind the community - best way to do this is by living in the district and spending endless hours with the kids just like how reggie and leslie did (i think tata does have family in kahuku). also keeping his assistant coaches as kahuku alumni. us red raiders are to prideful we already discruntled that our own principal dont believe in an alumni to be hc, and if Tata bring his stlouis boys from town to be asistants then that will not sit well with alumni whose mostly the fathers of the current and the upcoming players.

I said this lastyear with leslie and even 5 years ago with reggie, the varsity coaches need to recognize and respect the fact that the talent in high school is coming from the laie park big boyz. the talent is being handed on a silver spoon to kahuku varsity and punahou and stlouis schools straight from laie park. any coach from the laie park big boyz leageu can lead kahuku varsity to state championships with that talent but the past two years the principal seems to be focused on gettting a connections to scholarships (which i think is a big crock of bull) thats why the past 2 coaches are outside the community.

anyway at this very moment one of the stluios faithful was so prideful to post on their twitter "kahuku smart to hire a crusader to lead them back to championships"
its all just chitter chatter but kahuku is prideful too and will be sure to keep tata on his toes and remind him that he representing kahuku now and the crusaders need him more then we do...

..no really! stlouis needs him, a few of the kahuku studs are returning to kahuku from stlouis.
Yeah, I agree that it's always a good idea to consider hiring an alumnus of a school to be HC at that particular school. While Kahuku's principal might have good intentions, I think she should weigh those intentions against what the alumni want. It's not a good idea to antagonize the alumni; any and every high school needs alumni support.
With all due respect to Tata, I doubt that he's a better coach than Cal Lee. I mean, Lee is a legend. And, ironically enough, didn't Tata play for Lee at St Louis? Are St Louis players really defecting back to Kahuku? I mean, I personally am neutral between St Louis and Kahuku; I didn't attend either one. Normally I'd be partial to the public school, but I've always respected St Louis for being an all-boys' school. I think it takes a lot of character to attend an all-boys' school like St Louis; you have to forego being around girls all day. I really respect that. And now that Damien is co-ed, St Louis is the only all-boys' school around. I have to give them credit for that. The St Louis brotherhood continues.

MauiRaider
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Post by MauiRaider »

It's unfortunate a Kahuku Alumni was not selected as Kahuku HC, with that being said, CoachTata and whoever he picks on his Coaching Staff have their work cut out. Let's hope he's open to picking his staff from the community which will definitely help him with his transition into a Football Program and Community that unlike St. Louis is very tight knitted and the expectations are very high in regards to winning League & State Championships every year. My greatest fear is that we're back here again selecting another new HC at Kahuku and another wasted season of what could have been. I'm just surprised Mr. Tata would want to coach High School Football when he already was an Assistant Football Coach at the University of Vanderbilt in the SEC. Well, I guess if you're going to coach HS Football, there's no better place to coach at than at Kahuku. Good luck to you and your staff this year in putting our Football Program back on track in winning the League & State Championships. Red Raiders For Life!!!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

week 1 - kahu 50 camp 0 .. .. no comment i didnt see the game

week 2 - kahu 27 kapolei 7 ...both teams had starters injured so evens out, kahuku 1st string qb get hurt and is out for season. second string come in and do ok but why they pull him out an put kesi (who is rb) in at qb is that the starting qb now? kesi looked ok with some of his throw but we just put faith in head coach that he know how to develoop the offense cause all game it was 3 in-out punt, no can that one.

oc16 announcer veneri is terrible he the next larry price i hope we dont need 30 more years of his lame bias toward town teams
felipe is bomb but like all bomb announcer he going get hired at espn like kanoa and hawaii going be stuck with the mute button guys...veneri dashefky
-------------------

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

huki-lau-lau wrote:week 1 - kahu 50 camp 0 .. .. no comment i didnt see the game

week 2 - kahu 27 kapolei 7 ...both teams had starters injured so evens out, kahuku 1st string qb get hurt and is out for season. second string come in and do ok but why they pull him out an put kesi (who is rb) in at qb is that the starting qb now? kesi looked ok with some of his throw but we just put faith in head coach that he know how to develoop the offense cause all game it was 3 in-out punt, no can that one.

oc16 announcer veneri is terrible he the next larry price i hope we dont need 30 more years of his lame bias toward town teams
felipe is bomb but like all bomb announcer he going get hired at espn like kanoa and hawaii going be stuck with the mute button guys...veneri dashefky
Felipe is a squirrelly little douche. "THIS is Campbell. And THIS is SIXTEEN in SIXTEEN." HAHAHAHAHA

He isn't in Kanoa's league. And I don't think Kanoa has gotten any better from his promising start years ago.

ESPN? That's a joke.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

huki-lau-lau wrote:week 1 - kahu 50 camp 0 .. .. no comment i didnt see the game

You can tell who veneri was rooting for! But kapolei had there chances. Kahuku offense struggled for most of the game and I know penalties played apart of it but there was no rhythm and consistency. There defense did okay but I think last year D is better. Give props to kapolei.. if you take away few of there mistakes it could've been a different game

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

harus0ra wrote:

You can tell who veneri was rooting for! But kapolei had there chances. Kahuku offense struggled for most of the game and I know penalties played apart of it but there was no rhythm and consistency. There defense did okay but I think last year D is better. Give props to kapolei.. if you take away few of there mistakes it could've been a different game
Is the OC16 John Veneri or Mark Veneri?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

defense need work but an i still see tackle problems but defense still good enough to hold power teams mill/puns to under 25 pts
an special teams can muster at lease 9 pts
so we need our ofense to score at least 3 touchdown a game and we got good chance

overall verdict lastnight still same boring offense looks like lastyear but thas becuse injurys so thiss year with better o line and deline the sky is the limit so boom kananki!!

felipo is professional like kanoa anoncing very artiiculate informative non bias u might not like his deliverys but still neutral
daren fernandez also profesional knowledge of the game no bias
veneri talk about juice writen on players helmet and make lame jokes and after find out juice is name of decesied uncle stil make half a*** apology foot arm microphone and footbal in his mouf he need a new career

also why kapolei use 2 qb when both are good enought to be starters seem like savea boy should be given all the play
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

huki-lau-lau wrote:defense need work but an i still see tackle problems but defense still good enough to hold power teams mill/puns to under 25 pts
an special teams can muster at lease 9 pts
so we need our ofense to score at least 3 touchdown a game and we got good chance

overall verdict lastnight still same boring offense looks like lastyear but thas becuse injurys so thiss year with better o line and deline the sky is the limit so boom kananki!!

felipo is professional like kanoa anoncing very artiiculate informative non bias u might not like his deliverys but still neutral
daren fernandez also profesional knowledge of the game no bias
veneri talk about juice writen on players helmet and make lame jokes and after find out juice is name of decesied uncle stil make half a*** apology foot arm microphone and footbal in his mouf he need a new career

also why kapolei use 2 qb when both are good enought to be starters seem like savea boy should be given all the play
I like that even though Santiago got ejected, secondary was still pretty solid. UCLA commit Auwae was called for multiple holds, but in all fairness to the kid, I think he's out of position as a center without better linemen next to him.
Tackling still an issue with Big Red, but it's a fixable issue.
Big Red O still a work in progress, but it's nice to have ground and pound as the rest of the O develops. Kapolei D has some good athletes though. IMHO, if they want to continue to use Ah Hoy as qb, I would rather it be in some kind of option vs wild cat system
Glad Sasaoka came back home to play, he's a big time weapon.
Kapolei did shoot themselves in the foot, but so did Big Red. Was a good test for both squads.
Canes look like they have the tools to make playoffs. Big Red definitely has the makings as a threat to take the title.
RRfL!!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote:
harus0ra wrote:

Is the OC16 John Veneri or Mark Veneri?
@gopunahou: Assuming it's John? John played football for Kamehameha and UH, and eventually became an announcer for KHON2 news in the mid-2000s. Mark played baseball for Punahou, and is some 13 years younger than John, I think. Since John was a news announcer, and played football, my guess is that the OC16 announcer is John.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@huki-lau-lau: Scoring Live says Kahuku's QB will be out for four weeks, as opposed to the entire season.
I'm watching the Campbell / Castle game on OC16. Kapolei coach Hernandez--one of the announcers--has been talking about Campbell's big O-line, and how it's giving Campbell's QB excellent pass-protection (against Castle). Yet, Kahuku's D-line handled Campbell's O-line, holding Campbell scoreless.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Does anyone know what happened to Jacob afalava and sioeli naupotu? Sioeli is a beast at LB and was going to be a junior. Both not on the roster

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

harus0ra wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Jacob afalava and sioeli naupotu? Sioeli is a beast at LB and was going to be a junior. Both not on the roster
Jacob Afalava is back in the mainland, along with his younger brother Kesi jr who is a freshman. Not sure where, but it could be Bingham in SLC.

Last I heard about Sio was just prior to the Campbell game that it was something to do with paperwork. Can't wait to see him on the field again. Such a beast and a hard hitter. Junior class is looking stacked.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Aitorahi wrote:
harus0ra wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Jacob afalava and sioeli naupotu? Sioeli is a beast at LB and was going to be a junior. Both not on the roster
Jacob Afalava is back in the mainland, along with his younger brother Kesi jr who is a freshman. Not sure where, but it could be Bingham in SLC.

Last I heard about Sio was just prior to the Campbell game that it was something to do with paperwork. Can't wait to see him on the field again. Such a beast and a hard hitter. Junior class is looking stacked.
Yeah my nephew said sio went to Texas but didn't know if he's back to hawaii. So he is back at Kahuku? Sio is probably there best tackler on the team

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

harus0ra wrote:
Aitorahi wrote:

Yeah my nephew said sio went to Texas but didn't know if he's back to hawaii. So he is back at Kahuku? Sio is probably there best tackler on the team
Too bad about the Afalava's. I heard Sioeli is back on campus, but might not be eligible due to the transfer or grades....however, during the Kapolei game, there was a #40 that got into the game and wasn't on the official roster. Linebacking corps already looks pretty solid without him, but would be really nice if he's able to get back on the field this year. He is an absolute mack truck.