Nolan Tokuda leaving Leilehua

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
mrwhite
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Nolan Tokuda leaving Leilehua

Post by mrwhite »

There are rumors going around that Nolan Tokuda is leaving Leilehua after this season to coach at his alma mater, Aiea High School next year. There are reportedly several former Leilehua coaches on the current Aiea staff implementing the new program and getting things ready for Tokuda's arrival. Among the new staff is former All-State QB Kenan Sadanaga. Although these are just "rumors", it will be interesting to see if it actually happens. Wendell Say has been at Aiea for over 30 years now and many in the community have been crying for change. What better replacement than Nolan Tokuda right?

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: Nolan Tokuda leaving Leilehua

Post by reignjah11 »

Aiea sure could use a change especially after last night's game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Tokuda SHOULD coach Aiea; that's his alma mater (he was a QB there). For that matter, I don't think Cal Lee should have left Kalani; that's HIS alma mater (he was an LB there). Of course, Lee has the right to coach wherever he wants, but I'm disappointed that he elected to leave Kalani. If Tokuda DOES coach Aiea, I'll tip my hat to him. A guy ought to serve his alma mater, wouldn't you say?

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

coaches should coach wherever they like

that being said Say stayed way to long and should have left years ago. Would be a change for Aiea if tokuda went bto Aiea, its been a long time since they played offensive at Aiea

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

Aiea slowly declined after Amosa Amosa left. :D

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Aiea has tons of great athletes that transfer to other schools, the problem with Oahu is that every one thinks that the grass is greener on the other side so kids are playing in different districts then where they should be. Right now it just seems that Mililani is the flavor of the month so everyone is playing out there. A change at Aiea would give that program a boost.

mrwhite
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mrwhite »

gridiron22 wrote:Aiea has tons of great athletes that transfer to other schools, the problem with Oahu is that every one thinks that the grass is greener on the other side so kids are playing in different districts then where they should be. Right now it just seems that Mililani is the flavor of the month so everyone is playing out there. A change at Aiea would give that program a boost.
OL Andru Tovi - Mililani
OL Derrick Suapaia-Fetui - Mililani
RB Vae Malepeai - Mililani
LB Isaac Slade-Matautia - St. Louis
LB Jordan Iosefa - St. Louis
RB Challen Faamatau - Farrington
OL/DL Elijah Taimatuia - Waipahu

Just some of the players that played and/or lives in the Aiea district that transferred to other schools. All these guys are starters or major contributors at their current schools.

cmak11
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by cmak11 »

they've been saying this for the pass couple of years.....this time it maybe true....leilehua will lose a lot after this year..they may have to start rebuilding after this year......Richard torres next coach if Nolan does leave??

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I feel like Aiea always gets gyped when it comes to high school sports. Growing up in youth leagues, Aiea always does pretty well in many sports but when it comes to high school, many of them either go to a private school or end up at Moanalua or Pearl city or just some other school instead.

jrboi96786
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jrboi96786 »

I heard that story last year. But he's still here. But if this is true, Kurisu will be a perfect replacement. Kurisu bleeds green and gold, I would be surprise if he leaves the school. I was told that Kurisu got offered some sort of position in Oregon football staff but he declined it. Tokuda did have championships under his belt and did turn Leilehua amongst the power house in OIA. But for the last ten years, when Tokuda took a break and Kurisu was the interim head coach, that season was the best season Leilehua have ever played despite not winning any championship.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Why, is Wendell retiring from Aiea?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

BigWave96744 wrote:Why, is Wendell retiring from Aiea?
I agree, he is a great coach, awesome with the kids and is in touch with the community/parents.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

I like coach Wendell Say, just unfortunate that kids want to go to bigger and more notable schools and the ones that stays have horrible grades.

Tmanz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Tmanz »

Nolan coming back Home would do wonders for the Aiea...It would sure keep kids home and not going to Mililani and Farrington. He would have a QB already in place. Kobe Kato is promising as a sophomore

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Could I inject a note of sanity here....I find it impossible to believe that Aiea,with Coach Say at the helm,is allowing assistants to change offensive and defensive schemes against Coach Say's direction in order to welcome Coach Tokuda back to Aiea as Na Alii's next football coach.

If I have to say more,it will be because someone doesn't understand how jobs work....if you mess with your boss,he will mess with you.

The author of this post did say also in the first post that this is a rumor...and that is probably the only fact in that first post.

Seriously,no football coach would ever stand by and watch assistants change his directions no matter what the motivation was.Those assistants would be fired.