2014 HS Football Pick em - Week 2

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: 2014 HS Football Pick em - Week 2

Post by saynotomercs »

LocalCheesehead wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:Talk about no defense. Didn't watch the game but looking at the stats it seems the St. Louis offense did better with Tagovailoa as the qb. Mililani on the other hand was rolling offensively, looking forward to watching them play on tv.

It didn't help that the SL defense has (6) starters out on AP. They won't be available until the punahou game.

Didn't realize that Milton for mililani was that fast.
I don't know about Saint Louis missing 6 starters. The entire starting secondary was out there, as were Mariota, Matias (who was an animal) and Tuifua (the consensus starter at MLB, though I'm not a huge fan of his). I do acknowledge that there were a few guys out, like Wallen Te'o, but the best players who are still out are DTs, who form, albeit surprisingly, the deepest and most talented defensive unit for the Crusaders. The back 7 that got run out the building was mostly present.

Saint Louis never had the talent to hold Mililani under 40, but it was so easy for the Trojans because Cal's Man 1 defense had no chance against Milton, passing or rushing. Saint Louis better play more zone this season or they will give up over 40 points a game.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I am usually not good at Pick em's over the long haul of a season as my record at the office would attest.So,since this might be the best week I have this fall.......just want you to know,I can't believe I went 5-2 this week.Heh,Heh!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Good job man. Other than moanalua defeating waianae I think the rest of the games pretty much went as expected. Gonna be interesting to see if moanalua is the real deal when they campbell next week. Kailua, aiea, waipahu, castle, mckinley look really weak this year.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

LocalCheesehead wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:Talk about no defense. Didn't watch the game but looking at the stats it seems the St. Louis offense did better with Tagovailoa as the qb. Mililani on the other hand was rolling offensively, looking forward to watching them play on tv.

It didn't help that the SL defense has (6) starters out on AP. They won't be available until the punahou game.

Which raises the question: How many starters did the Mililani D have on AP, if any?
Glad to hear that those St Louis starters will be back for Punahou; St Louis is going to NEED them. Hopefuly most of them are on the front-seven; I suspect Punahou will try to run the ball.
Milton HAS to be the best QB in the state; he can pass AND run like no other.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

saynotomercs wrote:
LocalCheesehead wrote:

I don't know about Saint Louis missing 6 starters. The entire starting secondary was out there, as were Mariota, Matias (who was an animal) and Tuifua (the consensus starter at MLB, though I'm not a huge fan of his). I do acknowledge that there were a few guys out, like Wallen Te'o, but the best players who are still out are DTs, who form, albeit surprisingly, the deepest and most talented defensive unit for the Crusaders. The back 7 that got run out the building was mostly present.

Saint Louis never had the talent to hold Mililani under 40, but it was so easy for the Trojans because Cal's Man 1 defense had no chance against Milton, passing or rushing. Saint Louis better play more zone this season or they will give up over 40 points a game.
Those missing DTs who are starters, will be just what St Louis needs against Punahou. As I mentioned in the last post, I suspect Punahou will run the ball. St Louis will need as stout a D-line as possible.
I don't think St Louis will face as good a QB as Milton, in the ILH. No QB St Louis will face in the ILH can pass AND run like him.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

reignjah11 wrote:Good job man. Other than moanalua defeating waianae I think the rest of the games pretty much went as expected. Gonna be interesting to see if moanalua is the real deal when they campbell next week. Kailua, aiea, waipahu, castle, mckinley look really weak this year.
Regarding the Moanalua / Campbell game:
1. Campbell is ranked above Waianae
2. I'm hearing that Campbell has a SCARY O-line.

I'm going with Campbell.

westside.gee
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by westside.gee »

Moanalua is not top 10 material even if beating a depleted Waianae squad, they will be brought back down to reality next week vs. the Sabers.