Sayno's Top Ten

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Sayno's Top Ten

Post by saynotomercs »

Will finish the season this time....

1. Punahou
Early reports of Tuiloa seem to prove my early speculation true. If they can scheme around a weak secondary, they could dominate all year.

2. Saint Louis
They could go 0-3 to start and still finish on top of the heap. Saint Louis' biggest weakness on defense currently (DL) could become its biggest strength after injury issues are sorted out. Offensively, they could be downright scary.

3. Mililani
The offense is set to dominate. Will the defense be good enough to return to the championship game?

4. Kahuku
If Tuli Wily-Matagi approaches T.C. Campbell territory (hits key passes, limits TOs), Kahuku can return to their perch as the OIA's best.

5. Kamehameha
It's hard to imagine their defense being better than last year's after losing two FBS DTs and Calen Holt. A healthy Kaulana Apelu is easily the state's second-best RB.

6. Campbell
Amosa Amosa has put together productive offenses with young QBs before, and Campbell's defense could be one of the state's nastiest. WR Jayce Bantolina is a true weapon who rides somewhat under the radar.

7. Farrington
The Govs will always have something to say in the trenches, but my guess is as good as any as to what Farrington's offense can do for 3rd-year starter Montana Liana. Breiden Fehoko is one of the most highly-regarded college prospects in OIA history.

8. Waianae
The Seariders may never have the studs on defense to become a state title contender again, but the offense has become one of the state's most dangerous. Changing from a hard-to-prepare-for fossil option to the pistol is a very interesting decision.

9. Kaiser
The Cougars have a nice young QB in Justin Wahinui to spread the ball out and a few key returnees, but graduation hit them pretty hard overall. They will need to be very healthy to be a dark horse.

10. Kapolei
The Hurricanes have a nasty offensive line and a bevy of ball-carriers, but the defense looks like a problem area.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Sayno's Top Ten

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Seems on point thus far. Next Sunday I bet it changes up a bit, still too early to know whats going on.

Who knows St. Louis may very well be 3-0 rather then 0-3

Kahuku seems to be improved over last year but I dont know by how much, PH reported St. Louis got 4 Kahuku kids from last years JV team not to mention the 4 Laie starters at Punahou so Id be surprised if Kahuku still has enough talent left to make it all the way this year, and no, being competitive is not enough, championship or bust!

Tuliloa (not Tuiloa) is one of those punahou starters from Laie and congrats to him he got his eagle scout last month.
-------------------

95boyz
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by 95boyz »

Kesi Ah Hoy... Remember that name! :D
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

HumbleFan1
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HumbleFan1 »

95boyz wrote:Kesi Ah Hoy... Remember that name! :D
Is he better than Mulivai Pula?

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Kesi has been tearing it up since little kid time, could have started for Varsity last year as a freshman. He reminds me of Malepeai at mililani with strong legs, cut on a dime and breaking tackles, both are fast but they dont have that extra gear to break away like Mulivai did.
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Not to hijack sayno's thread so...
I believe that the way it ended should always be how it starts the next year.

1. Punahou - finished #1 lastyear, dont see why the dont retain this spot

2. Saint Louis - Lets see if the defense is better then last year

3. Kamehameha - I think Puns and St.louis got better this year and kam did not

4. Mililani - although Mililani made it to the title game they didnt have to play Kam or St.louis

5. Campbell - great run lastyear proves they have what it takes to be top 2 in the OIA

6. Farrington - lots of studs returning and a more experienced QB should help too

7. Kahuku - Campbell and Farrington beat Kahuku last year so unless kahuku can beat campbell this week they cant jump them

8. Waianae - always tough but they had some studs transfer out

9. Kapolei - I would have had them a notch higher but I dont know why the staff out there are pessimistic about the season before it even started

10. Leilehua - Lack of size will keep them from making any noise this year
-------------------

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

huki-lau-lau wrote:Not to hijack sayno's thread so...
I believe that the way it ended should always be how it starts the next year.

1. Punahou - finished #1 lastyear, dont see why the dont retain this spot

2. Saint Louis - Lets see if the defense is better then last year

3. Kamehameha - I think Puns and St.louis got better this year and kam did not

4. Mililani - although Mililani made it to the title game they didnt have to play Kam or St.louis

5. Campbell - great run lastyear proves they have what it takes to be top 2 in the OIA

6. Farrington - lots of studs returning and a more experienced QB should help too

7. Kahuku - Campbell and Farrington beat Kahuku last year so unless kahuku can beat campbell this week they cant jump them

8. Waianae - always tough but they had some studs transfer out

9. Kapolei - I would have had them a notch higher but I dont know why the staff out there are pessimistic about the season before it even started

10. Leilehua - Lack of size will keep them from making any noise this year
huki-lau-lau wrote:
ILH regular season title comes down to Punahou and Kamehameha at the end of the regular season. I gotta believe that Kamehameha and Punahou will run through the D2 teams