2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Leftfieldcoachlikeu
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

wrestling808 wrote:
Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:I agree with wrestling808. Campbell only had 7 guys in the OIA finals. That is a complete failure, I mean cmon, they should have at least 8 of the 14 weight classes with someone in the finals. It's not like the OIA has good wrestlers or anything...oh wait...

Diminished expectations. spoken like a true scrub.
Grumpy old man Jenkins is that you? You don't have to make two accounts to troll this forum...

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

No its me you Maui scrub. Oahu rules.

OldManJenkins

Post by OldManJenkins »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:
wrestling808 wrote:
Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:I agree with wrestling808. Campbell only had 7 guys in the OIA finals. That is a complete failure, I mean cmon, they should have at least 8 of the 14 weight classes with someone in the finals. It's not like the OIA has good wrestlers or anything...oh wait...

Diminished expectations. spoken like a true scrub.
Grumpy old man Jenkins is that you? You don't have to make two accounts to troll this forum...
Sorry I only need one and more so, no one ever agrees with me!

How come your Lunas in 5th place? I thought they were the pinning machine with the lock on first? Every year you say they going bring it, but I still never get my Krispy Kreme yet? Or you talking about some talent?
The Almighty GrumpyOldManJenkins coaching from right field is back.. and older

OldManJenkins

Post by OldManJenkins »

BTW crimmins actually getting some of my respect with 2 decent wins. Guaranteed he has it locked up!

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

SportCourt wrote:Boys:
106: Cabanban over Lee.
113: Kato over Cabanban * Santos over Paguryan
120: Terukina over Urabe.
126: Fong over Ilabon
132: Rosen over over Inovejas *Rosen over Mimura
138: Bailey over Crimmins.
145: Pascua over Chandler. *Pascua over Stevenson
152: Corbett over Farias. *Corbett over Dominique
160: Naosusuga over Yoshikawa *Naosusuga over Lee
170: Rosen over Efta
182: Perez over Lee
195: Tokioka over Straton ** Straton looks the most impressive in this weight
220: Sullivan over Fuamatu
285: Ludiazo over Mowat
Crazy Day 1; 113: Two of the top 3 are out. Cabanban who seemingly had the match in control untill he knocked himself out while performing a mat return. Once he woke, he looked fine but safety first. Kato followed suit in the next round controlling his match but after a couple stoppages it was called by the trainers. Two finalist out of contention and
doors is wide open!

138- Crimmins vs Diamond... turned out to be nothing more than a first round mat with Diamond turning in a very uninspired performance and really handing Crimmins the match.

Elder Diamond followed it up by living up to the Diamond curse!

Seems like a very long time since a Cooper was not going home with the title...this time no Cooper by the second day

Day 2!

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

Maui does it.

Hiloman

Post by Hiloman »

Robert Campos most inspirational win over Crimmins! That is my former student. He has overcome some hard obstacles and did it. No one expected it! Go Robert!

giversgain
Starter
Starter

Post by giversgain »

Way to go Lahainaluna boys and girls. It's been a long time coming. Good job Keep up the good work.
David Malo is proud of you!!!!!

OldManJenkins

Post by OldManJenkins »

Congrats to the Lunas on the sweep!
Good thing Crimmins lived up to his reputation and dropped the ball in the finals. If he won Puns might have squeaked by... but then again it's Crimmins...

So will the state finals be in Maui next year? Doesn't the State Champ team have to host it???

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

Congratulations to Lahainaluna wrestlers and their coaches! Awesome job...Maui Pride!

Tada
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Tada »

Who had the biggest upset of the tournament ?

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

Has Mataafa won any of her matches (so far in her career) by points or have they all been pinfalls? :D

1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 1hawaii »

Crimmins is a great young man who wrestled tough against another great kid. They both respect each other and were teammates in Pocatello going to battle for Team Hawaii. Would be great if we could honor the sport and the effort it takes by being respectful to the kids who are out there representing us! Keep your head up Crimmins, you fought your heart out and we hope to see you represent Hawaii one more time at Fargo or Pocatello or wherever.

As for all the other high school wrestlers, it is time to come together and put Hawaii on the map! Let's return to Idaho with Team Hawaii 2.0! The Punahou vs Lahainaluna can start up again in December but for now we are 1 Hawaii! Any interested wrestler, coach or parent can checkout westregionusaw.com or themat.com for more information.

Greco Duals June 19
Freestyle Duals June 20
2015 Team Hawaii line up?
HWT

hanzosteel
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hanzosteel »

1hawaii wrote:Crimmins is a great young man who wrestled tough against another great kid. They both respect each other and were teammates in Pocatello going to battle for Team Hawaii. Would be great if we could honor the sport and the effort it takes by being respectful to the kids who are out there representing us! Keep your head up Crimmins, you fought your heart out and we hope to see you represent Hawaii one more time at Fargo or Pocatello or wherever.

As for all the other high school wrestlers, it is time to come together and put Hawaii on the map! Let's return to Idaho with Team Hawaii 2.0! The Punahou vs Lahainaluna can start up again in December but for now we are 1 Hawaii! Any interested wrestler, coach or parent can checkout westregionusaw.com or themat.com for more information.

Greco Duals June 19
Freestyle Duals June 20
2015 Team Hawaii line up?
HWT
I agree - Big heart Josh Crimmins, great effort! Outstanding performance, despite not being 100% physically this weekend.

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

Tada wrote:Who had the biggest upset of the tournament ?
UPSET:
160- Both did very well to get there but Villormia finished it!
* Props to the Lahaina kid but I think if you won your league and you were seeded top 4, I would not consider an upset.

SHOCKER:
113 - Santos as the 2nd seed did what he needed to do for the crown but it does not go without notice that the what many considered the top 2 were bounced early(Concussion & Injury) Kato was head and shoulders above everyone in this division.

WTF:
120 - NG gets a horrible call for stalling in the closing seconds, as Urabe to his credit puts two hands in the air and begs refs for points through out the match...he does the same approach in the finals but does not get rewarded for running out and gesturing. Ng should of been in the finals.

DOMINANT:
126 - Ilabon Toten single-handedly (could not help lol) destroys Fong in the first period, kid is tough and relentless.