2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
OldManJenkins
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by OldManJenkins »

Crimmons vs. Diamond not really interested, if this is the top of the weight class it is pretty weak. Two wrestlers who have been around yet fell far short from anyones expectations.
Diamond pretty smart to sandbag the oia6, even if he didn't get Pun he still would have faced a top 4 seed in the first round. Maybe he got injured (other than his ego) and wanted to save himself for the big show.

oh and they should drug test all participants, especially the coaches and more so the referees! and eye exams.... and hearing... and fitness.... uh i think that's all
The Almighty GrumpyOldManJenkins coaching from right field is back.. and older

*Frozen3
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by *Frozen3 »

How can I add a video? To show you folks what wrestling will be like at the college level?
It's only about 10 seconds long?

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

Team Titles:

1) Campbell - Will this new version of the Sabers finally show their hand and prove that they are "ALL IN" or do they once again "FOLD" during states. All though this program was years in the making the big question is can Coach Lucas Misaki succeed where the previous have not. If they come out swinging they can walk away with the title and make a statement that the OIA West is the bid dog. If so he will definitely be the "Coach of the Year"
2) Lahainaluna - Hayase and staff has laid down the foundation for years to capture the elusive team Title, We are beginning to see it trickle throughout Maui County with the smaller schools coming on strong and although great for MAUI that does not hold well for Lahainaluna. There time is NOW! This maybe the best time for a senior laden team to grab the title, with the upswing of the other leauge schools looks you can bet getting into states will be tougher.
3) Punahou - Honda, lots of talk early that he does not prepare his team well and would not be accepted by the PUN's however this former Public school kid (radford) continues to win. Although they are not as dominant as they once were, they have defied the odds and they are in position for a shot at the title.

Everyone else in my eyes are "Pretenders" and not "Contenders" for the team title.

My prediction:
It will boil down to Campbell and Lahainaluna, The prince will finally be crowned as the New King!

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

SportCourt wrote:Team Titles:

1) Campbell - Will this new version of the Sabers finally show their hand and prove that they are "ALL IN" or do they once again "FOLD" during states. All though this program was years in the making the big question is can Coach Lucas Misaki succeed where the previous have not. If they come out swinging they can walk away with the title and make a statement that the OIA West is the bid dog. If so he will definitely be the "Coach of the Year"
2) Lahainaluna - Hayase and staff has laid down the foundation for years to capture the elusive team Title, We are beginning to see it trickle throughout Maui County with the smaller schools coming on strong and although great for MAUI that does not hold well for Lahainaluna. There time is NOW! This maybe the best time for a senior laden team to grab the title, with the upswing of the other leauge schools looks you can bet getting into states will be tougher.
3) Punahou - Honda, lots of talk early that he does not prepare his team well and would not be accepted by the PUN's however this former Public school kid (radford) continues to win. Although they are not as dominant as they once were, they have defied the odds and they are in position for a shot at the title.

Everyone else in my eyes are "Pretenders" and not "Contenders" for the team title.

My prediction:
It will boil down to Campbell and Lahainaluna, The prince will finally be crowned as the New King!
I think Kamehameha Kapalama goes deep into the second day at every weight it qualified for in both boys and girls. That's going to make a difference in team scoring because the champs will be spread amongst many different programs on the boys' side. On the girls' side, it will be tighter, but Kapalama has the numbers, and where Kapalama and Lahainaluna go head to head, I think Kapalama will come out on top more often than not.

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

twnoexcuses wrote:

My prediction:
I think Kamehameha Kapalama goes deep into the second day at every weight it qualified for in both boys and girls. That's going to make a difference in team scoring because the champs will be spread amongst many different programs on the boys' side. On the girls' side, it will be tighter, but Kapalama has the numbers, and where Kapalama and Lahainaluna go head to head, I think Kapalama will come out on top more often than not.
Lahainaluna has 3 returning state champs..that pinned everyone last year. They stayed away from both the Alo girls and really will go unchallenged to the Finals. We all saw Kapua Jaramillo dispatch a state champ (Hernandez) last year, and Pa'a'aina the year before; no state champs in her bracket this year but I would expect the same results (ALL PINS).
Alo and Mata'afa are untouchable and will pin across the board, Kapua needs to be in the conversation.
Kapalama will be fortunate to have anything more than Alo; Zion Vierra untested at states but should be the favorite based on talent. Other than that you are looking at a couple of low placers

Girls Team Title is Lahaninaluna's to give away....they should have learned from years past and will fly back and land as State Champion on Maui!

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

SportCourt wrote:
twnoexcuses wrote:

My prediction:
Lahainaluna has 3 returning state champs..that pinned everyone last year. They stayed away from both the Alo girls and really will go unchallenged to the Finals. We all saw Kapua Jaramillo dispatch a state champ (Hernandez) last year, and Pa'a'aina the year before; no state champs in her bracket this year but I would expect the same results (ALL PINS).
Alo and Mata'afa are untouchable and will pin across the board, Kapua needs to be in the conversation.
Kapalama will be fortunate to have anything more than Alo; Zion Vierra untested at states but should be the favorite based on talent. Other than that you are looking at a couple of low placers

Girls Team Title is Lahaninaluna's to give away....they should have learned from years past and will fly back and land as State Champion on Maui!
That's an interesting perspective.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

SportCourt wrote:
twnoexcuses wrote:

My prediction:

Wow, what incredible predictions! You seem like the type of person who would make a bet that the sun will rise in the morning and when it does you brag about being right. hahahaha! Tell us something we don't know...
Oh, yes. Misaki coach of the year?? Are you kidding me! The guy has wrestlers dropping into his program like flies on sh** With the athletes he has he should be destroying the competition not merely surviving.

BTW: who is Kapua? Spell her name right and maybe she would be in the conversation... "KAPU"

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

Peanutbutter and JEALOUS are you? LOL

Checked last years standing they only have two returning placers, he must be doing something right! If he pulls it off he is COY!

I stand corrected on Kapu, at the end of the day they will still call her "DA CHAMP"

lets enjoy the tournament! peace

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

I agree with wrestling808. Campbell only had 7 guys in the OIA finals. That is a complete failure, I mean cmon, they should have at least 8 of the 14 weight classes with someone in the finals. It's not like the OIA has good wrestlers or anything...oh wait...

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:I agree with wrestling808. Campbell only had 7 guys in the OIA finals. That is a complete failure, I mean cmon, they should have at least 8 of the 14 weight classes with someone in the finals. It's not like the OIA has good wrestlers or anything...oh wait...

Diminished expectations. spoken like a true scrub.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

Diamond vs Crimmins

Crimmins wins 5 - 3

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Gotta cheer for our Big Island Boys Pulama Lewis (Kealakehe) and Pono Davis (KSH)! Tough road ahead but they'll surprise a few before this is over! Go get um!!!!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Sorry spelled Pulama's last name wrong...Louis!

Pureleafwrestling
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Pureleafwrestling »

Probably the CRAZIEST first day of wrestling I seen. Lots of bad calls, kids getting screwed out of matches on there senior year. And don't even mention the amount of upsets! Can't wait for day 2!!

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

SportCourt wrote:Peanutbutter and JEALOUS are you? LOL

Checked last years standing they only have two returning placers, he must be doing something right! If he pulls it off he is COY!

I stand corrected on Kapu, at the end of the day they will still call her "DA CHAMP"

lets enjoy the tournament! peace
Da Champ Kapu is gonna run through her competition just like the rest of the Lahaina girls. There's nobody that can compete on their level. It's not a matter of if they pin their opponents. It's when.