2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
wrestling808
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by wrestling808 »

Anyone got the schedule for the upcoming preseason and high school season?

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

Haven't seen the schedule, but I've heard that states is one week later than last year. Can anyone confirm this?

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:Haven't seen the schedule, but I've heard that states is one week later than last year. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for the states date information. Would you happen to know the December schedule? Mahalo!

1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 1hawaii »

I think this is December
MIT Dec 12-13
Officials Dec 19-20
Moanalua Duals Dec 26-27
NCAA D1 Tournament Dec 29

eastside
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by eastside »

D1 tourney not confirmed, but are in serious discussions. Let's hope it works out........

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

1hawaii wrote:I think this is December
MIT Dec 12-13
Officials Dec 19-20
Moanalua Duals Dec 26-27
NCAA D1 Tournament Dec 29
Hey 1hawaii, thanks for the updates. Whats the story with the D1 tournament. Mahalo!

1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 1hawaii »

It is in the works I'm told. I thought it was a little more concrete then it is but the plan is a dual event between Minnesota, Oklahoma, American and Oregon State. It's not my place to say more but I don't see the harm in getting everyone excited about it. If it happens there are so many ways Hawaii's wrestling community could work together to support this. I'm crossing my fingers like everyone else and if it's a go then let's support it anyway and everyway we can. This is truly a test for all of us to come together and plan.

One reason why I think people should know about it, even it is not confirmed yet, is because school teams should be planning to attend. I wrestled for an average D2 school and our duals always had a few high schools in the stands who would watch as a team. Sometimes it was a high school team driving together to support a former team mate now starting in college. Other times a team would be their because a sibling or two would be wrestling. But most of the time it was just a few coaches that wanted to take their team on a Friday night field trip and show them what college wrestling looked like. My wrestling partner lived an hour south of our college. It seemed like half his town was in the stands when he had a big match.

If American has dual we will get to watch Hawaii's own showcase our state in our state. A rare opportunity indeed. Man, I hope the powers that be make this thing happen. We all have our own sphere of influence so let's get to work and bring the fun to the party!

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

Can anyone post what's going on with all these changes going on with Hawaii wrestling? I can't keep track of it all.

Is there a USA folk season as well?

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

Theres usually a folkstyle pre-season tournament circuit that begins in September and runs through October.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

I was told that Mr. Corbett, Radford high schools head coach has been fired from his position. Is there any truth to this?

FlexBuffchest
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by FlexBuffchest »

Kama wrote:I was told that Mr. Corbett, Radford high schools head coach has been fired from his position. Is there any truth to this?
Nope. He resigned.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

FlexBuffchest wrote:
Kama wrote:I was told that Mr. Corbett, Radford high schools head coach has been fired from his position. Is there any truth to this?
Nope. He resigned.

It sounds as though he's being deployed to parts unknown.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

wrestling808 wrote:
FlexBuffchest wrote:
Nope. He resigned.

It sounds as though he's being deployed to parts unknown.
Sometimes, when a coach resigns, he was ASKED to resign. Don't know if that's the case for Corbett, but you gotta find out WHY he left, not just HOW.

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Look for Corbett to resurface at Leilehua.

Ramashack

Post by Ramashack »

Wondering where Teniya Alo is attending school this year? Word was that she left Iolani & is with Big Sis up at Kapalama Hts? Any confirmation?