2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Leftfieldcoachlikeu
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

What about most interesting boys match up? I'm hoping we have Diamond, Stevenson, Pascua, and Crimmins at 145. IF that does turn out to be the case, who would be the champ?

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:What about most interesting boys match up? I'm hoping we have Diamond, Stevenson, Pascua, and Crimmins at 145. IF that does turn out to be the case, who would be the champ?
I would have picked Pascua and Diamond to be in the finals, but when I saw Crimmins on the list that changed everything, he's gotta be the favorite. That USA wrestling logo tattoo Crimmins has changes everything, he's going to be undefeated!!!

1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 1hawaii »

Robert Campos will be in the mix somewhere around that weight.

BrofessorX
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by BrofessorX »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:What about most interesting boys match up? I'm hoping we have Diamond, Stevenson, Pascua, and Crimmins at 145. IF that does turn out to be the case, who would be the champ?
Id rank them in the same order you have them listed. I don't think Diamond will be at 145 though since he was 132 at fargo. Possibly 138. And yes if Campos is still eligible he definitely will be in the mix as well.

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

1hawaii wrote:Robert Campos will be in the mix somewhere around that weight.
Let's hope he can stay on weight and avoid he munchies. We know how he and the rest of the team like to party...

ProudDad
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by ProudDad »

Very interesting so see where Crimmins go. Didn't Pascua beat him last season in head to head battles? Looks like on the OIA side the race is wide open this year for a number of teams. ILH Kamehameha and Punahou shud be leading the pact with Iolani being a very dangerous team. Can't wait to get this season started.

OldManJenkins

Post by OldManJenkins »

Wasn't Crimmins the one chasing Terao? I guess he likes chasing second place
The Almighty GrumpyOldManJenkins coaching from right field is back.. and older

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

As the old saying goes lots of " bridesmaids trying to become brides".
Diamonds - had one in their grasp but gave it away
Corbetts - As great a wrestling lineage and location that we all heard, a state title still escapes them
Crimmins - was truly a lost cause to get one last year against Josh....
Terukina - Finding out that following his family footsteps is some big shoes to fill
Pascua- The young freshman who gave everyone fits on his way to the finals and nearly pulled it off

One to watch:
Cabanban - Crusaders shot at ending the drought

Cooper - The young jedi is said to be the best of the bunch, when your bunch includes 2 -3x. Look for him to make some noise early and be more than ready at states!

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

halaokolele wrote:As the old saying goes lots of " bridesmaids trying to become brides".
Corbetts - As great a wrestling lineage and location that we all heard, a state title still escapes them
Terukina - Finding out that following his family footsteps is some big shoes to fill
Pascua- The young freshman who gave everyone fits on his way to the finals and nearly pulled it off

One to watch:

Cooper - The young jedi is said to be the best of the bunch, when your bunch includes 2 -3x. Look for him to make some noise early and be more than ready at states!
Wow, I have to see this cooper. Blake was something special. Is this the same one that threw a punch at Akeo? If he put on some muscle, he could make 145 even more exciting, or challenge Corbett at 152.

Let's hope al Torres can solve the riddle that is Cameron Kato for Cabanban.

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

[quote="Leftfieldcoachlikeu"][quote="halaokolele"]As the old saying goes lots of " bridesmaids trying to become brides".

One to watch:

Cooper - The young jedi is said to be the best of the bunch, when your bunch includes 2 -3x. Look for him to make some noise early and be more than ready at states![/quote]

Wow, I have to see this cooper. Blake was something special. Is this the same one that threw a punch at Akeo? If he put on some muscle, he could make 145 even more exciting, or challenge Corbett at 152.

Let's hope al Torres can solve the riddle that is Cameron Kato for Cabanban.[/quote]

Nope, Ones to watch are incoming freshmen

St.Louis solved their main issue and sent Torres to retirement.

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

Does anyone know the dates for the Maui Wrestling Tournament and where it will be held this year.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

EASTHONFAN wrote:Does anyone know the dates for the Maui Wrestling Tournament and where it will be held this year.
Weekend of December 12. I don't know the gym location. It was at the war memorial last year.

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

Kama wrote:
EASTHONFAN wrote:Does anyone know the dates for the Maui Wrestling Tournament and where it will be held this year.
Weekend of December 12. I don't know the gym location. It was at the war memorial last year.
Thanks, just got the info pack. December 12-13 @ Maui High School

1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 1hawaii »

David Taylor to do the USAW clinic in Hawaii! Nice! Mahalo to everyone involved in arranging this event!

1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 1hawaii »

Does anyone know about a flyer, poster or PDF for the Aloha Open?
I asked a few coaches if they were going to check it out and they didn't know what I was talking about. If we aren't going to promote our sport who will?