2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Leftfieldcoachlikeu
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

talloola25 wrote:He wrestled at OIA's after westerns and was injured against Castle. That is why his season officially ended.
you are correct. I was just making the point about Zach not being able to drop after he decided not to try and hydrate for 126, and not because Isaac pulled out too late. Maybe it was Robinson that told him he doesnt need to hydrate again. If that is what happened, then he might be responsible for costing another Diamond a state title.

BrofessorX
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by BrofessorX »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:
talloola25 wrote:He wrestled at OIA's after westerns and was injured against Castle. That is why his season officially ended.
you are correct. I was just making the point about Zach not being able to drop after he decided not to try and hydrate for 126, and not because Isaac pulled out too late. Maybe it was Robinson that told him he doesnt need to hydrate again. If that is what happened, then he might be responsible for costing another Diamond a state title.
Why does Robinson get so much attention on this forum? In 30 years of coaching (waianae, radford, and mililani) he has what, 1 OIA team title to his credit? 0 State team titles. A hand full of state champs yes, but a coaches job is to build a competitive program which he has never done anywhere. There are plenty of other coaches who have done more with a lot less than Robinson but they hardly get mentioned.

FoxMulder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by FoxMulder »

Correction, that's Coach Sam Lees OIA title. Also that year I believe he had a baby and hip surgery so he may have not been as involved as most other years.

saberswrestle
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by saberswrestle »

USA Wrestling – Preseason Folkstyle Tournament
When 10/4/14
Where: Campbell High School
Time: 7:30 – 8:30 weigh ins; 10 am Start
Who: Everyone that has been wanting to get back on the mat since last season

Must have a valid USA Wrestling Card
$5 entrance fee $1 Spectator fee

No experience necessary, all ages are welcomed.

See you on the mats!

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

saberswrestle wrote:USA Wrestling – Preseason Folkstyle Tournament
When 10/4/14

See you on the mats!
It will be a nice preview of what Campbell has to offer this season. Although many of the boys varsity will be unable to attend due to football commitments, the girls should be out in full force. It will also be our first preview of coach Lucas and what he brings to the mat.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

BrofessorX wrote:
Why does Robinson get so much attention on this forum? In 30 years of coaching (waianae, radford, and mililani) he has what, 1 OIA team title to his credit? 0 State team titles. A hand full of state champs yes, but a coaches job is to build a competitive program which he has never done anywhere. There are plenty of other coaches who have done more with a lot less than Robinson but they hardly get mentioned.
I agree that coach Robinson seems to be in the conversation more than the other coaches. But it's in a very infamous way.

It would be refreshing to highlight coaches that successfully lead their teams.

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Kama wrote:
saberswrestle wrote:USA Wrestling – Preseason Folkstyle Tournament
When 10/4/14

See you on the mats!
It will be a nice preview of what Campbell has to offer this season. Although many of the boys varsity will be unable to attend due to football commitments, the girls should be out in full force. It will also be our first preview of coach Lucas and what he brings to the mat.

Since PC and Campbell graduated so much people, the OIA is more open this year than ever. The ILH could be a dead heat between Kam and Punahou. Does anyone know who will be entering these preseason tournaments?

1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 1hawaii »

Are there mainland teams going to Moanalua Duals?

lowkey
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by lowkey »

Any idea when the season starts and the first tournamet is?

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

USA wrestling folkstyle tourneys are to be held between October 4 and November 15. High school preseason should start November 29.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

talloola25 wrote:USA wrestling folkstyle

D tourneys are to be held between October 4 and November 15. High school preseason should start November 29.
Does anyone know which teams will be sponsoring a tournament? Now I'm presuming based on previous years that emperor Sugihara will not host any tournaments because it conflicts with his mission statement.

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

BrofessorX wrote:
I think Robinson gets so much negative press because what we see going on now with USA Wrestling. We are finding out that USA Wrestling has thousands of dollars every year to reinvest in the programs and kids. It makes everyone frustrated to know that possibly over $100,000 was quietly taken and put in his pocket over the last 20+ years.

saberswrestle
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by saberswrestle »

Just a reminder for this weekend

When 10/4/14

See you on the mats!

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

saberswrestle wrote:Just a reminder for this weekend

When 10/4/14

See you on the mats!

It was a good start to the 2015 season at the Campbell tournament today. I would estimate there were 50 little ones with 10 high schools girls as and 50 boys. The high schoolers were a mix of jv and varsity wrestlers.

Matches of note were Zach Diamond going down to a wrestler I haven't seen before 8 - 4. He may have been from Radford because coach Charles (formerly of Lokahi) was in his corner.
He was subsequently beaten by 2 Campbell wrestlers. So the jury is still out. Cody Cabanban looks to have added a few pounds to his physique and looked in mid season form. He wrestled Watase from Iolani but I missed the final score. (It was really hot and I needed a drink from the snack bar, sorry!)

On the girls side Campbells Pundyke and Peralta went undefeated. Both girls looked bigger and stronger than last season. With Pundyke and Peralta anchoring Campbells girls they are going to be a very tough team. There was a girl from Grapplers that looked really seasoned. Although she lost to Pundyke I was still impressed with her performance. Unfortunately, I didn't get her name or school she attends. Grapplers had a nice group of wrestlers representing them.

I look forward to the next tournament at Castle in 2 weeks. I think I'll bring a cooler with me so I don't miss any of the action :)

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Kama wrote:
saberswrestle wrote:Just a reminder for this weekend

When 10/4/14

See you on the mats!

It was a good start to the 2015 season at the Campbell tournament today. I would estimate there were 50 little ones with 10 high schools girls as and 50 boys. The high schoolers were a mix of jv and varsity wrestlers.

Matches of note were Zach Diamond going down to a wrestler I haven't seen before 8 - 4. He may have been from Radford because coach Charles (formerly of Lokahi) was in his corner.
He was subsequently beaten by 2 Campbell wrestlers. So the jury is still out. Cody Cabanban looks to have added a few pounds to his physique and looked in mid season form. He wrestled Watase from Iolani but I missed the final score. (It was really hot and I needed a drink from the snack bar, sorry!)

On the girls side Campbells Pundyke and Peralta went undefeated. Both girls looked bigger and stronger than last season. With Pundyke and Peralta anchoring Campbells girls they are going to be a very tough team. There was a girl from Grapplers that looked really seasoned. Although she lost to Pundyke I was still impressed with her performance. Unfortunately, I didn't get her name or school she attends. Grapplers had a nice group of wrestlers representing them.

I look forward to the next tournament at Castle in 2 weeks. I think I'll bring a cooler with me so I don't miss any of the action :)
Was Peralta wrestling for Campbell or for Moanalua? If she's at Campbell, the girls race just got a little more interesting between Campbell, Lahaina, and Kam