Hawaii vs. Mainland 2014

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Hawaii vs. Mainland 2014

Post by kapakahi »

Subject: First Football Games on OC16 2014 Season
kapakahi wrote:
rednblue wrote:
kapakahi wrote:Nothing against Moanalua or Campbell, but would've been nice to watch Saint Louis against SoCal power St. John Bosco @ Aloha Stadium.
I was under the assumption that the STL/SJ Bosco game will be televised on a FSW channel similar to the STL/Bishop Gorman game two years back.
Neither FSN West or Prime Ticket have made any announcements yet on whether they will televise the STL/SJ Bosco game or not. Either way I got that night marked on my schedule to head down to Aloha Stadium.
rednblue wrote:Any news on whether the St. Louis/St. John Bosco game will be televised?
Looks like the game isn't going to be televised......at least on FSN West or Prime Ticket.
http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/cif ... one-081414

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

My wife and I were actually going to fly to Oahu from Maui to watch this game; however, with the Crusaders losing to a tough Mililani squad, I don't want to see a Hawaii team getting beat by the defending California champs.

With that being said, we will still be rooting (and praying) for a good St. Louis showing!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

SM96753 wrote:My wife and I were actually going to fly to Oahu from Maui to watch this game; however, with the Crusaders losing to a tough Mililani squad, I don't want to see a Hawaii team getting beat by the defending California champs.

With that being said, we will still be rooting (and praying) for a good St. Louis showing!
The O will probably have to carry St Louis; the D-line is somewhat weak against the run. If St John Bosco is a running team, it might be a long night for St Louis.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
SM96753 wrote:My wife and I were actually going to fly to Oahu from Maui to watch this game; however, with the Crusaders losing to a tough Mililani squad, I don't want to see a Hawaii team getting beat by the defending California champs.

The O will probably have to carry St Louis; the D-line is somewhat weak against the run. If St John Bosco is a running team, it might be a long night for St Louis.
Yeah, you're probably right.

Well....hopefully Kam School will surprise a tough Del Oro team on their home turf.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

I think we'll come to find over the course of the season that Saint Louis will be decent against the run. DT #67 Clint Matias is a beast and has hopefully won the starting job now, and there are three other DTs who are pretty good players.

The problem is that the DEs don't get any pass rush, the linebackers are pedestrian, the CBs just aren't very good and the safeties can't play man at all.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

SM96753 wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right.

Well....hopefully Kam School will surprise a tough Del Oro team on their home turf.
I suspect Kamehameha is overrated. They didn't even play yet, yet they went UP in the SA poll yesterday, from #4 to #3. Defense will be their strength, yet even THERE, they were hit by graduation. They lost their best LBs and defensive down-linemen. They even lost some of their best DBs. Kane IS a blue-chipper at DB, and of course there's Tafua at DE. Graduation REALLY screwed Kamehameha's offense. They had an outstanding O-line last year, but almost ALL of it graduated; only Jang returns. Worse yet: Not only is this year's O-line lacking experience / talent, I heard they're SMALLER than last year, too. Kamehameha has an outstanding RB in Apelu, but he's STILL kind of gimpy. Worse, he doesn't have that outstanding O-line from last year to block for him. As far as I know, Kamehameha has no outstanding receivers, and only an above-average QB in Sua-Godinet. They even lost their outstanding FG kicker (Fitzsimmons) to graduation. I think Kamehameha should be ranked no higher than #5. If they beat Del Oro, I would say that's a MAJOR upset. LAST year was Kamehameha's year, but Punahou screwed it up.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Might be another long night on Friday for the Crusaders......against SJB......rated Pre-season No. 1 in Cali.....

http://www.calhisports.com/2014/08/20/p ... eams-1-15/
1. ST. JOHN BOSCO (BELLFLOWER)
2013 Record: 16-0
Outlook: Just like last year when we basically refused to rank anyone ahead of De La Salle as a four-time defending CIF Open Division champion, the same rule applies this year to the Braves. Yes, they do lose some playmakers on offense and some solid players on defense. But with QB Josh Rosen (headed to UCLA and considered by some as the No. 1 QB in the nation), jr. RB Sean McGrew (Cal-Hi Sports State Sophomore of the Year), another massive offensive line led by Matt Katnik (6-4, 295) and Zachary Robertson (6-5, 305) and with younger players seemingly ready to step up, there’s no reason to rank any other team in California higher to start the season or afterward until St. John Bosco loses.
First Game/Schedule: Now that the hurricanes have passed, a different storm will invade the Hawaiian Islands this weekend (Aug. 22) when the Braves open up against St. Louis of Honolulu. They also are playing Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas in what could be a huge game on Sept. 26 on ESPN but Gorman may already have lost to Servite.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Anyone know if scoringlive will be streaming this game?

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Hard to believe that just six years ago (the year before they played Kamehameha), St. John Bosco was mediocre and sometimes bad. It amazes me that some teams can go from being mediocre as heck in California to being a contender, much less a top-five team nationally.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

Thank you scoringlive! Just checked their site and it appears they are gonna stream tonight's game between St. Louis and St. John Bosco!

scoringlive.com/streaming or go to their youtube channel

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

reignjah11 wrote:Thank you scoringlive! Just checked their site and it appears they are gonna stream tonight's game between St. Louis and St. John Bosco!

Do you REALLY want to watch? I think St Louis is overmatched against St John Bosco. If St Louis had a bigger, stronger D-line, the game might be more even. Lee said he made some "adustments" on D, but what the D-line needs is some bigger, stronger players. If St Louis HAD them, you'd think they'd have already BEEN on the D-line. To just switch defensive players around, is like switching deck chairs around on the Titanic. That is, unless Lee is putting some O-linemen on the D-line.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by reignjah11 »

reignjah11 wrote:Thank you scoringlive! Just checked their site and it appears they are gonna stream tonight's game between St. Louis and St. John Bosco!

Do you REALLY want to watch? I think St Louis is overmatched against St John Bosco. If St Louis had a bigger, stronger D-line, the game might be more even. Lee said he made some "adustments" on D, but what the D-line needs is some bigger, stronger players. If St Louis HAD them, you'd think they'd have already BEEN on the D-line. To just switch defensive players around, is like switching deck chairs around on the Titanic. That is, unless Lee is putting some O-linemen on the D-line.
yes, more to watch bosco play than anything else. But youre right on the money about the game. st louis getting destroyed on the line. Bosco doesnt even have to throw it, they can run all day against stl.

westside.gee
High-quality H20 provider

Post by westside.gee »

Too much speed for St. Louis to handle. These California teams have a bigger population to choose from to create a "cream of the crop" football team. I would expect nothing less from the top teams in the nation.

westside.gee

Post by westside.gee »

I was impressed with St. Louis passing offense, kind of rusty but the pieces seem to be there. Cal Lee will be busy the next few years recruiting all around the island to create his own "cream of the crop" football team in Hawaii. I just dont like when mainland teams schedule a game years in advance and our Hawaii teams get caught in a rebuilding year like how the crusaders are doing now.