unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
alleyezonme
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by alleyezonme »

unpaid wrote:Headliners this week,

No.3Konawaena vs.D-I No.8 Hilo..Unlike the previous BIIF D-I perennial champ Kealakehe,Hilo does not lose often to BIIF D-II teams .Going with Hilo in this one.

No.5 Iolani vs D-I No3 Kamehameha..Iolani just does not have a squad this year to be competitive with ILH D-I teams.They probably get bumped up to D-I by their league and the lopsided losses will continue next year.

No.4 Pearl City vs.No.7 Kalani. Going with the Chargers here...I just think Pearl City has the better defense.

No.6 Nanakuli vs No.8 Radford...Head says Nanakuli...heart says Radford...going with my heart on this one.Go Rams!

"Hilo does not lose often to BIIF D-II teams"????? Konawaena is 3-1 in the last 4 meetings with Hilo. The one loss came on a botched handoff while the Wildcats were running the clock out with a lead. Before last season, Hilo was winless, which means they lost to every D2 team.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Hawaiian superman,

Kapaa and Kauai...Kapaa has been the best on Kauai so far this year. I know that Agoot and another starter got knocked out of the Warriors last game with injuries. I don't know what the status for those two players is...but they have had two weeks to get healed,and even if they don't come back for the Kauai game....I still think Kapaa takes the W.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

alleyezonme,

In 2013 and so far in 2014,Hilo is 7-1 vs.BIIF D-II. It is true that Konawaena beat them in their first meeting last year....but since then,Hilo beat Konawaena in the second 2013 game between the Vikings and Wildcats.So,I don't think Kealakehe's record against BIIF D-II teams compares in the same recent time period.I still like Hilo to win against the Wildcats this year.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

What a rollercoaster ride at Radford Nanakuli.Might be a rematch coming soon...depends on final seeding.Rams have to take care of business with Waialua coming in next.though.

Lahainaluna must be firing on all cylinders if last nights score was any indication.

Speaking of last nights scores.....I would guess that ILH principals will approve that plan to separate D-I and D-II football competition.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

unpaid wrote:What a rollercoaster ride at Radford Nanakuli.Might be a rematch coming soon...depends on final seeding.Rams have to take care of business with Waialua coming in next.though.

Lahainaluna must be firing on all cylinders if last nights score was any indication.

Speaking of last nights scores.....I would guess that ILH principals will approve that plan to separate D-I and D-II football competition.
If the ILH keeps Iolani in D2, they are saying they don't mind letting blowouts happen. If Iolani were to play D1, there wouldn't be as many blowouts.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 9,

1.Lahainaluna 7-0
2.Kapaa 4-1
3.Nanakuli 7-0 No.10 Kalani next.
4.Pearl City 6-1
5.Konawaena 5-2 Lost to D-I No.8 Hilo
6.Iolani 5-3 Yeah all three losses have been to ILH D-I.A loss is a loss..No more D-I games this year..Iolani rises now.
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 4-2
8.Hawaii Prep 3-3
9.Radford 5-3 one point loss to Nanakuli...OIA D-II is a three-team race.
10.Kalani 4-3 No.3 Nanakuli next.
Last edited by unpaid on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Week 9,

1.Lahainaluna 7-0
2.Kapaa 4-1
3.Nanakuli 6-0 No.10 Kalani next.
4.Pearl City 6-1
5.Konawaena 5-2 Lost to D-I No.8 Hilo
6.Iolani 5-3 Yeah all three losses have been to ILH D-I.A loss is a loss..No more D-I games this year..Iolani rises now.
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 4-2
8.Hawaii Prep 3-3
9.Radford 5-3 one point loss to Nanakuli...OIA D-II is a three-team race.
10.Kalani 4-3 No.3 Nanakuli next.
Konawaena didn't just lose to Hilo, they got demolished. No passing game will make life hard on their running backs against kealakehe this week as we'll.

kawai60
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kawai60 »

Shouldn't nanakulis record be 7-0?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

kawai60,

You are right.I have corrected my Week 9 ranking to reflect that Nanakuli is 7-0. Thanks...if you see factual errors..do not hesitate to point them out.

Getreal$,

Hilo did very well for sure...but I am interested in your assesment of Konawaena-Kealakehe. This is a neighborhood rivalry...players transfer between the two schools,..households get split on gamenight....it's a real rivalry.I think it could be a real close game. What do you think this contest will come down to?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:kawai60,

You are right.I have corrected my Week 9 ranking to reflect that Nanakuli is 7-0. Thanks...if you see factual errors..do not hesitate to point them out.

Getreal$,

Hilo did very well for sure...but I am interested in your assesment of Konawaena-Kealakehe. This is a neighborhood rivalry...players transfer between the two schools,..households get split on gamenight....it's a real rivalry.I think it could be a real close game. What do you think this contest will come down to?
This week is considered rivalry week in the BIIF. Hilo/Waiakea, Kona/Kealakehe, Kamehameha/Keaau, and HPA/Honokaa to end the regular season. As for my assessment of the Kona/Kealakehe game, I too believe it will be a close game. Like the Kona/Hilo game, Kona will run right into Kealakehe's strength their interior defense. With really no passing game on both sides, the difference will be coaching and the edge has to go to Konawaena. One other consideration is if players on both sides will be rested for playoffs. The seedings have pretty much been decided with KS-Hawaii #1, Kona #2, HPA #3 or #4 depending on the outcome of the Honokaa game, so its pride teams are playing for.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

In other news: If Kealakehe's game vs. Hilo is of any indication, Konawaena should be shutdown for the night.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.3 Nanakuli and No.10 Kalani. Nanakuli seems to be on a mission right now,but the truth is Nanakuli,Pearl City,and Radford have not blown each other out head-to-head.Kalani is good enough to hang around and make it interesting,but I have to go with the Golden Hawks to win this one.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

We know the four OIA D-II teams for the league playoffs. I am guessing that champion Nanakuli gets the fourth place Kalani Falcons in a rematch of tonight's contest between the two teams.That would leave Pearl City and Radford,at 2 and 3,in the other semi-final.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Ten,

1.Lahainaluna 7-0
2.Kapaa 5-1
3.Nanakuli 8-0
4.Pearl City 7-1
5.Konawaena 6-2
6.Iolani 4-3
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 5-2
8.Hawaii-Prep 55-4
9.Radford 6-3
10.Damien 3-4 back in the top ten.
Last edited by unpaid on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Week Ten,

1.Lahainaluna 7-0
2.Kapaa 5-1
3.Nanakuli 8-0
4.Pearl City 7-1
5.Konawaena 6-2
6.Iolani 6-3
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 5-2
8.Hawaii-Prep 55-4
9.Radford 6-3
10.Damien 3-4 back in the top ten.
I will say for the first time this season that Konawaena deserves to be ranked above KS-Hawaii, even if KS-Hawaii is seeded #1 going in to playoffs. There is a reason why Konawaena and Hilo continue to win championships., coaching plain and simple. KS Hawaii has some of the best athletes on the Island at skilled positions but the conservative play calling and predictability of Head Coach/OC Dan Lyons offense has pretty much doomed their season. The winner of the Konawaena and HPA playoff game this week will win the BIIF championship, and either one deserves it. Unfortunately for KS Hawaii, having the best QB and core of receivers and above average running-backs mean nothing when the play calling and formations can't take advantage of their strengths. By contrast, HPA and Konawaena takes full advantage of their strengths and make game-time adjustments to win games. Coaching!