unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by Naue »

Waianae is ranked. If Nanakuli gave them that good a rub, perhaps Nanakuli should be thinking about going D1 next year. Is it possible that Nanakuli wins the OIA D2 title this year?[/quote]

I wouldn't put it past them but I honestly cant say because im only going off of that scrimmage. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Headliners this week,

No.2 Iolani and No.9 Damien. I have said that ILH D-II is actually interesting this year,because I don't think Iolani is a lock like they have been recently.Both teams are bigger physically in some ways than they have been in past years .

I no longer expect Iolani blowouts,but I still think Iolani has enough to win the close ones.Iolani wins this one in a close shave against the Monarchs.

No.3 Konawaena and No.5 Kamehameha-Hawaii. The Wildcats seem rejuvenated from last years disappointment at states while Kamehameha-Hawaii is still trying to get to states.Going with Konawaena.

No.4 Pearl City and No.8 Kaimuki. I like the Chargers to win this one.
Iolani vs Damien - I'll go with Iolani and I don't think it will be close 28 - 7

Konawaena vs KS-Hawaii This could go either way depending on if Konawaena can stop KS-Hawaii's passing game. If they can, Konawaena will win by 14. If not, this may be an upset with KS-Hawaii pulling out a win in a tight game. Kona pulled out a tough win against Kauai but Kauai was not even close to the team that played Damien and lost last week.

Pearl City vs Kaimuki I'm going with Kaimuki in this contest.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Getreal$ wrote:
unpaid wrote:Headliners this week,

No.2 Iolani and No.9 Damien. I have said that ILH D-II is actually interesting this year,because I don't think Iolani is a lock like they have been recently.Both teams are bigger physically in some ways than they have been in past years .

I no longer expect Iolani blowouts,but I still think Iolani has enough to win the close ones.Iolani wins this one in a close shave against the Monarchs.

No.3 Konawaena and No.5 Kamehameha-Hawaii. The Wildcats seem rejuvenated from last years disappointment at states while Kamehameha-Hawaii is still trying to get to states.Going with Konawaena.

No.4 Pearl City and No.8 Kaimuki. I like the Chargers to win this one.
Iolani vs Damien - I'll go with Iolani and I don't think it will be close 28 - 7

Konawaena vs KS-Hawaii This could go either way depending on if Konawaena can stop KS-Hawaii's passing game. If they can, Konawaena will win by 14. If not, this may be an upset with KS-Hawaii pulling out a win in a tight game. Kona pulled out a tough win against Kauai but Kauai was not even close to the team that played Damien and lost last week.

Pearl City vs Kaimuki I'm going with Kaimuki in this contest.
Yeah, Iolani's O-line is pretty scary, at least for D2. I don't think Damien's D-line can handle them.
Kaimuki over Pearl City? Wow; when was the last time someone would say THAT? Is it because Pearl City has fallen, or that Kaimuki has gotten better? Perhaps both?
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Kaimuki over Pearl City? You losing it my man. I can tell you haven't watched them play cause that sounds like a guess to me.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

University Ave wrote:Kaimuki over Pearl City? You losing it my man. I can tell you haven't watched them play cause that sounds like a guess to me.
Relax people, everyone and anyone is entitled to their opinion/predictions. Thats why the outcome is determined on the field and not on this post. Lets hope you are right about Kaimuki being that bad and having no chance against Pearl City.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Getreal$ wrote:
University Ave wrote:Kaimuki over Pearl City? You losing it my man. I can tell you haven't watched them play cause that sounds like a guess to me.
Relax people, everyone and anyone is entitled to their opinion/predictions. Thats why the outcome is determined on the field and not on this post. Lets hope you are right about Kaimuki being that bad and having no chance against Pearl City.
Yea you right. My opinion is your guessing and my prediction is your losing it.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

University Ave wrote:
Getreal$ wrote:
Yea you right. My opinion is your guessing and my prediction is your losing it.
Sounds good.....by the way, its you're guessing and you're losing it, not "your". I'm guessing you spend a lot of time watching games and taking to to blogs to attack anyone who doesn't agree with you. You are right, I will say that beating Roosevelt and Waialua gives them a HUGE advantage. But I'm not going to change my predictions, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion and giving an underdog a feeling that someone out there believes in them.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Kaimuki had me excited early on, but I guess I was wrong with my attempt at giving the underdog a chance. Better luck next time.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

I am liking Kapaa more and more with each game.The Warriors stopped a resurgent Waimea team in convincing fashion.

Iolani gave some evidence that maybe ILH D-II isn't going to be as competitive as I thought.Still looking forward to the Raiders taking on Pac-Five...that should be a good game.

Pearl City is doing everything they can to confirm my hunch that they will come out of the OIA White and get into states.
Nanakuli seems to be building some serious momentum and could be the second team from OIA D-II in states.Kalani is the only other team at this point in the season that I think could crack into the top two in the White right now.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

I am liking Kapaa more and more with each game.The Warriors stopped a resurgent Waimea team in convincing fashion.

Iolani gave some evidence that maybe ILH D-II isn't going to be as competitive as I thought.Still looking forward to the Raiders taking on Pac-Five...that should be a good game.

Pearl City is doing everything they can to confirm my hunch that they will come out of the OIA White and get into states.
Nanakuli seems to be building some serious momentum and could be the second team from OIA D-II in states.Kalani is the only other team at this point in the season that I think could crack into the top two in the White right now.
What did you think about the KS-Hawaii vs Konawaena results? Understanding that the game was played in terrible field conditions with wet mud on that new Baden ball, which should have favored Kona.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Getreal$ wrote:Kaimuki had me excited early on, but I guess I was wrong with my attempt at giving the underdog a chance. Better luck next time.
Well, it was nice of you to support the underdog. Only thing is: SUPPORTING them is one thing; predicting they'll WIN is another.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

I think Pearl City will win the OIA White title. But Nanakuli will certainly have something to say about that. I think Nanakuli will give Pearl City a run for its money.

Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Naue »

Ok just got some info from my co worker whos nephew is on that nanakuli team.
I was told that they have starters who misses a whole half of playing if they mess up in class or even if they go late to study hall. I kinda like this coach! STUDENT Athlete! If they, the kids, can keep it together then the OIA D2 is not automatically going to Pearl City. Although that PC team looks to be a force to contend with...I might try to go to that game
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Naue wrote:Ok just got some info from my co worker whos nephew is on that nanakuli team.
I was told that they have starters who misses a whole half of playing if they mess up in class or even if they go late to study hall. I kinda like this coach! STUDENT Athlete! If they, the kids, can keep it together then the OIA D2 is not automatically going to Pearl City. Although that PC team looks to be a force to contend with...I might try to go to that game
Yeah. Someone said that Nanakuli gave D1 Waianae fits in a recent scrimmage, so you have to figure that Nanakuli would be competitive with Pearl City. If Kalani develops a SUPER-good passing game, THEY might have a chance, too. Otherwise, I don't think Kalani can match Pearl City physically.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Getreal$,

The muddy field conditions clearly affected what players could do.Typically,defenses will do well and both defenses kept the opposing offenses off balance.

The difference to me boiled down to Kamehemeha-Hawaii QB Micah Kanehailua. He was able to overcome the unsteady footing to have a hand in all three scores for his team.It is just what you should expect from a three-year starter who has seen his share of wind,rain,and mud on BIIF gridirons.

In the end,the conditions are just as muddy for both sides,and Kamehameha-Hawaii adjusted enough to take the win.Would the result have been different had the field been dry?I felt going into the season,that Konawaena and Kamehameha-Hawaii were pretty close in terms of ability,so I would have to think a dry field would not have made much difference and that the Warriors would have won on a dry field ,too.