unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Hawaiian superman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by Hawaiian superman »

Iolani is only 4-3

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

You are right.I have corrected Iolani's record to reflect they are 4-3.Thanks!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Eleven,

Hurricane Ana PPD OIA and BIIF games,the one KIF game scheduled will not affect the rankings so here goes...

1.Lahainaluna 8-0 Shut out Baldwin.
2.Kapaa 5-1
3.Nanakuli 8-0 game with Kalani PPD
4.Pearl City 7-1 game with Radford PPD
5.Konawaena 6-2 game with Hawaii Prep PPD
6.Iolani 5-3 move to ILH D-II championship game next week.
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 5-2
8.Hawaii Prep 5-4
9.Radford 6-3
10.Damien 4-4 move into ILH D-II championship game next weekend.

Be safe out there the next few days!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

The friday spotlight shines on the ILH and BIIF.

Iolani and Damien. Damien has progressed this year but I think they will not overtake Iolani friday night. Going with Iolani here.

BIIF D-II semifinals.Honokaa and Kamehameha-Hawaii. The Dragons might be a year away from true contenders.The Warriors are my pick in this game.

If there is an upset,it could be in the other semi-final.Konawaena,by anyone'S rank,should be the favorite in this game.
Hawaii Prep,on the other hand,has shown the grit and ability to beat higher-ranked opponents.I still like the Wildcats to win,but I would not be surprised if Ka Makani pulls the upset. We will see.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:The friday spotlight shines on the ILH and BIIF.

Iolani and Damien. Damien has progressed this year but I think they will not overtake Iolani friday night. Going with Iolani here.

BIIF D-II semifinals.Honokaa and Kamehameha-Hawaii. The Dragons might be a year away from true contenders.The Warriors are my pick in this game.

If there is an upset,it could be in the other semi-final.Konawaena,by anyone'S rank,should be the favorite in this game.
Hawaii Prep,on the other hand,has shown the grit and ability to beat higher-ranked opponents.I still like the Wildcats to win,but I would not be surprised if Ka Makani pulls the upset. We will see.
Although I would like to pick Damien, I don't think they have enough to hang with Iolani.

BIIF- I've followed all four DII teams very closely throughout this season. Here are my thoughts:

Honokaa and KS-Hawaii - First meeting three weeks ago, 55-7 KS-Hawaii. I don't think it will be that bad of a blowout because most of the Starters for KS-Hawaii only played a total of three Qtrs the last three weeks due to blowouts, and may not be in sync. Also, it seems like KS plays very conservative when taking leads (up 20-7 vs Hilo, and 13-0 vs HPA, 35-14 vs Kealakehe, 25-10 vs Waiakea, and 42-14 vs Keaau) and allows teams to put up points and make the game close for no reason. Their offense had very little reps and QB Micah Kanehailua played only three quarters in two games but did record 6 TD passes and almost 400 yards in two games. But KS-Hawaii still too strong on both sides of the ball for the young Dragons. KSH 42-13

Kona and HPA - I would have given HPA the nod if they were playing at home but playing in Kona on the muddy wet field will favor Kona and their run game. HPA depends heavily on receivers Nicky Palleschi and Justin Perry and their sprint-out pass plays. Kona's coaching and game prep will be too much for HPA to handle. If it rains and Kona can keep Ellis in the pocket and prevent him from rolling out, while the corners press the two receivers, it will be a long night for HPA. Kona 28-14

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

The Saturday spotlight shines on OIA D-II.

Nanakuli and Kalani.I am not sure of Chings status for Kalani. Nanakuli is healthier and has had an undefeated run so far.There is no reason to go against the Golden Hawks. Nanakuli should win.

Pearl City and Radford.Rams have not gotten it done in close games against the Chargers and Golden Hawks. Do they really want to be there at the end...well,win this one and show me.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Kona simply demolished HPA 49-14. As I suspected would happen, Kona coaching, perpetration and adjustments were key to the game. Totally shut down Ellis and the two receivers but HPA got lucky on a desperation throw before half. Other than that, totally shut down.

KS-Hawaii got four TD's (2 pass and 2 rush) from Kanehailua and a strong rushing effort from Kaeo Batacan 130 yards on 7 carries and 2 TD's to post a 48-7 win.

KS-Hawaii vs Kona for the title!

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

I give Damien mad props for hanging with a D1 team last night and losing by as many points as they did against St. Louis (yes, that St. Louis, the team that led Punahou 13-0 and only lost by 7). Too bad their chances of ever winning a rightful D2 title will always be slim and none as long as they continue to face a D1 team. I hope somebody can prove me wrong when I say there'll continue to be massive blowouts as long as Iolani keeps on playing Damien, Pac-Five, St. Francis, and non-ILH D2 teams on a regular basis. If there is a single poster here that believes Iolani is where it belongs, can you do that?

locogrown808
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by locogrown808 »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:I give Damien mad props for hanging with a D1 team last night and losing by as many points as they did against St. Louis (yes, that St. Louis, the team that led Punahou 13-0 and only lost by 7). Too bad their chances of ever winning a rightful D2 title will always be slim and none as long as they continue to face a D1 team. I hope somebody can prove me wrong when I say there'll continue to be massive blowouts as long as Iolani keeps on playing Damien, Pac-Five, St. Francis, and non-ILH D2 teams on a regular basis. If there is a single poster here that believes Iolani is where it belongs, can you do that?
it should be noted that damien fielded about 30 kids and every kid played..and that included a starting receiver returning from a broken wrist, a starting QB who was injured for much of the year, and linemen who were about 5'6" 150. so Damien, hold your head up high. keep getting better, you're almost there and reload and get back up
now, does iolani belong in D-1? yes. do i think they are poorly coached? no, they are coached very well, and the kids' athletic potential is hindered by them playing lower competition. that being said, damien is well coached and with better numbers next year, they look to have the potential to take it. also, dont sleep on st. francis..now i dont know how long they can maintain school enrollment with all the kids they're bringing in, but they have some serious size coming in the upcoming years

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Twelve,

1.Lahainaluna 9-0 Beat D-I Maui.
2.Kapaa 6-1 Getting ready for states.
3.Nanakuli 9-0 Pearl City next.
4.Pearl City 8-1 Battle Nanakuli next week for seeding at states.
5.Konawaena 7-2
6.Iolani 6-3 ILH D-II champs.
7.Kamehameha-Hawaii 6-2 vs.No.5 Konawaena for BIIF D-II championship and state playoff slot.
8.Hawaii Prep 5-5 Season over.
9.Radford 6-4 Season over.
10.Damien 4-5 Season over.

Seeding for states should be interesting this year.Iolani got bounced in the semi-finals last year,so I do not believe they will be a lock for the No.1 seed...maybe not the No.2 seed either.We will see.

Eight-0-Eight
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Eight-0-Eight »

I agree with you unpaid, the seedings will be very interesting. Especially considering the HHSAA's track record (Kaiser being the 4 seed last year, just the latest example). The OIA has rarely gotten any credit in the seedings historically, Iolani and Lahainaluna have. The KIF has probably even gotten more love in the past than the OIA. Thus here are my predictions for the state seedings in a week.

1. Lahainaluna
2. Iolani
3. Kapaa
4. Nanakuli
5. Kona
6. Pearl City

Technically, they don't seed beyond the top 4 I believe. I could see Kona moving up if a 1-loss Pearl City team wins the OIA title, and I can see Nanakuli maybe bumping Kapaa at #3 if they finish undefeated. I think the top 2 seeds are an absolute lock though.

alleyezonme
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by alleyezonme »

The HHSAA will only seed the top 2 teams. Those teams are basically rewarded a first round bye. The remaining 4 teams will not get seeded. Home field will be alternated per year. It's probably how it's determined in those meetings anyway...just now, the committee doesn't have to justify who, how, why teams seeded 3-6. I believe Lahainaluna and Kapaa should get the top 2 seeds. First round games would be: Iolani @ OIA 1 and OIA 2 @ BIIF.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Eight-0-Eight wrote:I agree with you unpaid, the seedings will be very interesting. Especially considering the HHSAA's track record (Kaiser being the 4 seed last year, just the latest example). The OIA has rarely gotten any credit in the seedings historically, Iolani and Lahainaluna have. The KIF has probably even gotten more love in the past than the OIA. Thus here are my predictions for the state seedings in a week.

1. Lahainaluna
2. Iolani
3. Kapaa
4. Nanakuli
5. Kona
6. Pearl City

Technically, they don't seed beyond the top 4 I believe. I could see Kona moving up if a 1-loss Pearl City team wins the OIA title, and I can see Nanakuli maybe bumping Kapaa at #3 if they finish undefeated. I think the top 2 seeds are an absolute lock though.
I agree with the top three seedings but four through six I have Pearl City beating Nanakuli and I wouldn't count out KS-Hawaii so quick. KS-Hawaii beat Kona 20-6 in Kona already this season and Kona has to travel to KS-Hawaii to play on their field, where they have yet to lose a game this season. Although I too believe Kona is favored to win the game, KS-Hawaii has a better chance of competing in the DII playoffs due to their passing game. If Kona should win, Kona would be six seed.

Eight-0-Eight
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Eight-0-Eight »

alleyezonme wrote:The HHSAA will only seed the top 2 teams. Those teams are basically rewarded a first round bye. The remaining 4 teams will not get seeded. Home field will be alternated per year. It's probably how it's determined in those meetings anyway...just now, the committee doesn't have to justify who, how, why teams seeded 3-6. I believe Lahainaluna and Kapaa should get the top 2 seeds. First round games would be: Iolani @ OIA 1 and OIA 2 @ BIIF.
They definitely seed 1-4. http://sportshigh.com/sports/football/t ... II_bracket

Eight-0-Eight
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Eight-0-Eight »

Getreal$ wrote:
Eight-0-Eight wrote:I agree with you unpaid, the seedings will be very interesting. Especially considering the HHSAA's track record (Kaiser being the 4 seed last year, just the latest example). The OIA has rarely gotten any credit in the seedings historically, Iolani and Lahainaluna have. The KIF has probably even gotten more love in the past than the OIA. Thus here are my predictions for the state seedings in a week.

1. Lahainaluna
2. Iolani
3. Kapaa
4. Nanakuli
5. Kona
6. Pearl City

I agree with the top three seedings but four through six I have Pearl City beating Nanakuli and I wouldn't count out KS-Hawaii so quick. KS-Hawaii beat Kona 20-6 in Kona already this season and Kona has to travel to KS-Hawaii to play on their field, where they have yet to lose a game this season. Although I too believe Kona is favored to win the game, KS-Hawaii has a better chance of competing in the DII playoffs due to their passing game. If Kona should win, Kona would be six seed.
Getreal$, total brainfart on my part. I actually like KS-Hawaii to come out of the BIIF and meant to put Kona/KS-Hawaii as the 5 seed. I'm really looking forward to this Pearl City/Nanakuli matchup though.