unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by Birdman316 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
EASTHONFAN wrote:Kaiser seems to be a very balanced team, 1007 yards passing and 1071 yards rushing so far this season. As far as defense is concerned, I think they stopped all those running teams better than anyone else has. If you saw the Waianae game, that was a very winnable game for Kaiser. Waianae did move the ball on them but Kaiser had close to two hundred yards in penalties that game. Several of those penalties were third and long situation that kept the ball moving for Waianae. Even a roughing the punter call on fourth and long gave Waianae the ball back. I think Kaiser's defense is pretty good against the run, in fact, most of the TDs scored on Kaiser this year were passes.
Well, I guess Kaiser is proving that it belongs with the big boys of D1.
How big is Kaiser anyway?

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Birdman316 wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
EASTHONFAN wrote:Kaiser seems to be a very balanced team, 1007 yards passing and 1071 yards rushing so far this season. As far as defense is concerned, I think they stopped all those running teams better than anyone else has. If you saw the Waianae game, that was a very winnable game for Kaiser. Waianae did move the ball on them but Kaiser had close to two hundred yards in penalties that game. Several of those penalties were third and long situation that kept the ball moving for Waianae. Even a roughing the punter call on fourth and long gave Waianae the ball back. I think Kaiser's defense is pretty good against the run, in fact, most of the TDs scored on Kaiser this year were passes.
Well, I guess Kaiser is proving that it belongs with the big boys of D1.
How big is Kaiser anyway?
I think Kaiser is about the same size as Kalani. ~1000-1250 kids.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@politclyincrekt: I think Birdman316 meant how big are Kaiser's players, not how big its enrollment is.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

HS Football Fanatic wrote:@politclyincrekt: I think Birdman316 meant how big are Kaiser's players, not how big its enrollment is.
oh :oops: :lol: My bad haha

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

I wish St. John Bosco had played Punahou this year instead of St.Louis.

Kahuku is minus yardage in the rushing column.....OK when does the asteroid slam into earth?

Waianae seems to be quietly getting more balanced on offense,while keeping the defense strong.

Rocket95
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Rocket95 »

As of right now, I gotta say Mililani has the best offense in the state. I would rank their offense above Punahou. Simply because Mililani played more quality opponents. Punahou still could be #1 but it's just hard to justify it right now when the only quality team (closest to being considered quality) they played was St Louis. So it's hard to gauge how good Punahou's offense really is when all they do is play D2 opponents. Milton is the trump card for the Trojans. Malepeai is a beast but I don't think Mililani would be as good without Milton. He makes a Huge difference.

As of right now, I'd sure like to see Mililani and Punahou go at it again. While Milton and company has experience the big game Punahou's defense has done the same too. Losing only 3 starters. The Buffs defense is probably the best in the state. But once again, because they lack quality opponents, it's hard to justify it. Last year the Buffs totally shut down that Mililani offense (except the 2 truck plays). I wonder if it would be the same this year. With Mililani returning most of their offensive starters and the Buffs returning most of their defensive starters. But first things first. They both gotta make it to the State Tournament. Nothing is guaranteed. Not even for the Buffs.

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

I couldn't argue with you, Rocket. There are some big games left to play that may or may not be telling. Is there anyone left on Mililani's schedule that could upset them? Punahou still has to get through Kam. I still wonder if the lack of games against quality opponents could hurt Punahou in the long wrong, though I do understand a team trying get as far as it can without getting beat up along the way.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

The big shocker of the night, IMO, was Kailua's near victory against Moanalua.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Eight,

1.Punahou 4-0
2.Mililani 7-0 Shredded the Govs..
3.Kamehameha 4-1
4Kahuku 5-1 upset Leilehua.
5.Campbell 5-1
6.Farrington 5-1
7.Leilehua 5-1
8.Hilo 6-0
9.Waianae 4-2
10.Kaiser 4-2

St.Louis 4-3 is waiting to move up.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

politclyincrekt wrote:The big shocker of the night, IMO, was Kailua's near victory against Moanalua.

How in the world did they win? it was 33-6 when they announced it on OC16, and now they came back and won? daaaaaaang.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

unpaid wrote:Week Eight,

1.Punahou 4-0
2.Mililani 7-0 Shredded the Govs..
3.Kamehameha 4-1
4Kahuku 5-1 upset Leilehua.
5.Campbell 5-1
6.Farrington 5-1
7.Leilehua 5-1
8.Hilo 6-0
9.Waianae 4-2
10.Kaiser 4-2

St.Louis 4-3 is waiting to move up.

1. Punahou
2. Mililani

3. Campbell
4. Kahuku
5. Kamehameha
6. Leilehua
7. Hilo
8. Farrington
9. Kaiser
10. Waianae

After watching the game this past weekend, look for Leilehua to move up in coming weeks after making noise out on the north shore. Its basically Punahou.... Mililani...... then everyone else 50 yards behind. I have Campbell at 3 because they have played Mililani the closest.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I believe St Louis played Mililani the closest.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Thanks for for the graph.the lines say it all.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Rocket95 wrote:As of right now, I gotta say Mililani has the best offense in the state. I would rank their offense above Punahou. Simply because Mililani played more quality opponents. Punahou still could be #1 but it's just hard to justify it right now when the only quality team (closest to being considered quality) they played was St Louis. So it's hard to gauge how good Punahou's offense really is when all they do is play D2 opponents. Milton is the trump card for the Trojans. Malepeai is a beast but I don't think Mililani would be as good without Milton. He makes a Huge difference.

As of right now, I'd sure like to see Mililani and Punahou go at it again. While Milton and company has experience the big game Punahou's defense has done the same too. Losing only 3 starters. The Buffs defense is probably the best in the state. But once again, because they lack quality opponents, it's hard to justify it. Last year the Buffs totally shut down that Mililani offense (except the 2 truck plays). I wonder if it would be the same this year. With Mililani returning most of their offensive starters and the Buffs returning most of their defensive starters. But first things first. They both gotta make it to the State Tournament. Nothing is guaranteed. Not even for the Buffs.
I think Mililani has the best O-line in the state, while Punahou has the best D-line in the state. Punahou is virtually guaranteed to go to states. I mean, can St Louis or Kamehameha stop them? Both of them are weaker than Mililani. Mililani is also virtually guaranteed to go to states, not only because they're the best D1 team in the OIA, but also because what, 4 or 5 OIA D1 teams qualify for states. How can Mililani miss, with those odds.