unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by reignjah11 »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:Kamehameha leading 25-17. Nevertheless, I wouldn't jump on the Kamehameha bandwagon and automatically put them ahead of the pack. Maybe this is the beginning of a down year for Del Oro. And remember, Iolani beat an Edison team coming off a state championship the year before and lost by 30 points to KS and SL later in the year in 2002. A real test will come against Iolani or St. Louis--whichever game comes first. But you can't deny that this boosts their confidence.
Some concerns looking at the stats, godinet went 7-20 2ints. Gotta be better in the passing game.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Wtf is up with St. Louis? Losing 41-0 to punahou at the half! I know they had a very tough schedule so far but still to be giving up those amount of points is ridiculous!

budsdad
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by budsdad »

the Cal Lee experiment is turning out to be a failure. Gonna be the financial ruin for St. Louis. Goes to prove you can't bring back the past. at least so far...

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

St. Louis drove down the field and scored to open up the second half...they took what Punahou gave...they should take a look at that drive and examine it...also we know bubble routs work well on that defensive scheme...probably can run a wheel rout off the bubble by motioning a receiver towards the bubble...Punahous D gives if you look at it...keep everything in front...Saints need to work the running game...they have a decent RB...Punhous first 3 TDs was just the QB and Noa vs a saint corner who was overmatched and way out of his league...maybe the DC should've made an adjustment but no he rather be a retard

DA SCOUT
High-quality H20 provider

Post by DA SCOUT »

STL Defense is something awful the DC needs to be fired , they are the most terrible defense i have ever seen and its not the kids fault .you almost feel sorry for them almost. they been running the score up on teams for years

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Starting late had no ill effects on Punahou.The Puns certainly lived up to their No.1 ranking.

Kamehameha repped Hawaii well in Cali by defeating Del Oro.The passing game runs hot and cold...but mostly cold.The good news is the defense is good enough and the rushing attack is there for the Warriors.

Another 500+ yard single game passing effort by a prep QB in Hawaii.Moanalua's Jacobe takes the honors this week.Who's got next?

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Absolutely no defense for St Louis and the offense is trying to learn the R&S which will take awhile. And no wideout...........Kobayashi has been a no impact in all three games.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

Punahou may not be as good as the score shows. Kanawai Noa is an amazing prospect, and he put on quite the show in the first half, but that was the entire offense. They ran a few underneath routes and towards the end of the first half and beginning of 2nd half they were beginning to work more on their offensive schemes. Talaupapa should see a few more touches in my opinion, because the offense needs to be a bit more balanced. Why was Punahou still throwing the ball? Up 40 points, and Ane was still having the QB throw fades? St. Louis was dealt a rough hand with their first three games. I think Cal will have the program going in the next three years, you cant expect him to have immediate results with the leagues he's playing in.

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

dirtylickens wrote:Punahou may not be as good as the score shows. Kanawai Noa is an amazing prospect, and he put on quite the show in the first half, but that was the entire offense. They ran a few underneath routes and towards the end of the first half and beginning of 2nd half they were beginning to work more on their offensive schemes. Talaupapa should see a few more touches in my opinion, because the offense needs to be a bit more balanced. Why was Punahou still throwing the ball? Up 40 points, and Ane was still having the QB throw fades? St. Louis was dealt a rough hand with their first three games. I think Cal will have the program going in the next three years, you cant expect him to have immediate results with the leagues he's playing in.

I think Punahou not being as good as the score is the exact reason they were still throwing in the 3rd. The score could have been a lot higher but Tuliloa and his receivers didn't seem to have the right timing in the first half. Besides Noa long bombs Punahou seemed to struggle. Maybe because it was their first game maybe not. But if I was a coach and my first game is a regular season game and our offense timing is not where it should be, I'd probably work on it as much as can in a game situation while I can. There's no preseason for Punahou.

As for the Saints, well Tua is a bright spot for the future of that program. I actually thought Kuhns would have a big year this year along with Kobyashi being the deep threat and Cui being everything in between. But Kuhns and Kobayashi hasn't performed yet. All that speed... Cui doing good. I don't think Coach Lee is worried. He's still trying to put things together, from his coaches to his players. Once everybody is in place (which might be next year) St Louis will look like the Crusaders of the past. But I could be wrong. They could probably gel in the ILH playoffs and turn this thing around. They got some talented players.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Punahou didn't even have timing during the warm ups...lol yes I watch everything...lol Punahou was hampered by penalties and Lakalaka may have to get rid of his dance...Saints linebackers are to close to the D-line they get washed up even when filling the right hole...plus you don't want your LBs to close to where they late dropping into coverage...Needs Blitz packages for pressure since the D-Line can't get it done...gotta mix up coverages instead of obvious one on one...SL do have the talent and chance to turn things around...I don't know if anyone seen what I've seen but the SL RB is talented....get a fullback in front of him and work towards balance instead of heavily relying on the Tua's arm and the spread offense....

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

I was impressed with the Punahou o-line. Lot of first time starters did a nice job against a big time program. Granted this St. Louis defense does not resemble the defenses from even a few years ago, but for a first game, they protected Tuliloa and opened up running lanes. The early sloppiness, especially with penalties, may have been due to this being their first game but it will be interesting to see how this team stays motivated until the Kamehameha game, since it will be overwhelming favorites against the D2 teams it faces next. I am sure this team will get better but kahuku and Mililani have shown they will be there at the end also.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

At 0-3, St. Louis has to be unranked right? They've played as tough of a schedule as possible, but 3 blowouts is unbelievable. Crusaders are still probably better than most, but I don't know if a ranking is merited at this point.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

fanoffb wrote:At 0-3, St. Louis has to be unranked right? They've played as tough of a schedule as possible, but 3 blowouts is unbelievable. Crusaders are still probably better than most, but I don't know if a ranking is merited at this point.
Two Blowouts and one Shootout...:)

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Think of the Two blowouts...one against the 2nd rank in the country...the other against the number One in the state...Mililani is more than likely the best in the OIA....SL probably beats everyone else in exception of Kam going either way...

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

I'm curious to see Kamehameha this year. Their game against St. Louis in 3 weeks will tell us a lot about St. Louis' progression.