unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by unpaid »

Week Twelve,

1.Punahou 7-0 It must be nice to have three weeks to get prepared for your next game..heh,heh!
2.Mililani 10-0 No.3 Kahuku next for OIA D-I title
3.Kahuku 8-1 No.2 Mililani next.Red Raiders will need offense to show up next week for sure.
4.Farrington 7-2 No.5 Campbell next for the last chance to get into states.
5.Campbell 7-3 No.4 Farrington next.
6.St.Louis 6-4 Season over.
7.Hilo 9-0 Kealakehe next for BIIF D-I title.
8.Kamehameha 5-3 SO.
9.Leilehua 6-2 SO.
10.Waianae 5-4 SO. Put back in the top ten after last week No.10 Maui lost to D-II Lahainaluna.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Thrice as nice...three D-I games this weekend.

No.2 Mililani and No.3 Kahuku. The more I look at this game,the worse it looks for the Red Raiders.They have the talent,but a lot of that talent plays two-ways. Wily-Matagi is banged up,but he is a baller and will do his best. Kahuku has shown decent offensive ability two weeks in a row. Then there is Mililani.Machine is the word I would use to describe the Trojans this year. Mililani started out great and ,to me,has only improved from the start.So that would make them...even greater now. Solid O and D lines.Dual-threat QB,stud runningback,and plenty of guys who can catch balls,and they play decent defense.Kahuku should make it a game,but I think Mililani will wear them out by the end of the game.Mililani is my pick here.

No.7 Hilo and unranked Kealakehe. Hilo won a regular season 7-0 squeaker against the Waveriders .Putting Kaimi Wilson in at QB last week seemed to perk up the offense for Kealakehe.I am betting they will have Wilson back at QB for this game.
This could be another close one. Hilo is undefeated .The Vikings have been piling up points as of late and I expect that Coach Baldwin will prepare the Vikings as well as anyone for whatever wrinkles Kealakehe comes up with. I am picking Hilo here.

No.4 Farrington and No.5 Campbell. Two point win by the Govs in the regular season.Both squads can run and catch with big physical defenses and lines.Another toss-up....maybe.Since I have Farrington ranked higher,I will pick the Govs in this one.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Prayers go out to Wily-Matagi.Hoping for a quick recovery.He was banged up to begin with.

The question is what would have happened if he had been able to stay in the game? We are not ever going to know but I am not sure the outcome would have been different even if the score had been closer.

Just waiting for the final piece of the state puzzle tonight with the winner of Farrington vs. Campbell.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

a win is a win, no wouldvs/shouldvs/couldvs
congrats to mililani
-------------------

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

huki-lau-lau wrote:a win is a win, no wouldvs/shouldvs/couldvs
congrats to mililani

Exactly!!! NO EXCUSES! TROJANS clearly the best in the OIA

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

kahuku still showed some doubt and at one point before tuli got injured it wasn't so clear..

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

Does anyone think Wily's injury will hurt Kahuku against Hilo? That's very doubtful when you consider the BIIF's meager D1 state tournament history but Kahuku might not dominate them as much as they would were Wily healthy. And does anyone know if Hilo's coach, Dave Baldwin, is the former San Jose State head coach and Michigan State defensive coordinator? Regardless, I believe Punahou-Kahuku is a foregone conclusion, which would provide interesting story lines, particularly Reggie Torres vs. his old team. I think Torres' knowledge of Kahuku will give Punahou a huge edge, but Kahuku might benefit from Punahou not having played for three weeks. Nevertheless, if Wily can't play against Punahou (should Kahuku advance), the Red Raiders will be in SERIOUS trouble.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 13,

1.Punahou 7-0
2.Mililani 11-0 Win OIA D-I title
3.Farrington 8-2 OIA No.3 going to states.Maui Sabers 7-2 next.
4.St.Louis 6-4
5.Kahuku 8-2 OIA runner-up going to states.
6.Hilo 10-0 BIIF champs.Kahuku next.
7.Campbell 7-4 Season over
8.Kamehameha 5-3
9.Leilehua 6-2
10.Waianae 5-4

Kahuku and Hilo could be a close game.Farrington and Maui maybe not so close.

95boyz
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by 95boyz »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:Does anyone think Wily's injury will hurt Kahuku against Hilo? That's very doubtful when you consider the BIIF's meager D1 state tournament history but Kahuku might not dominate them as much as they would were Wily healthy. And does anyone know if Hilo's coach, Dave Baldwin, is the former San Jose State head coach and Michigan State defensive coordinator? Regardless, I believe Punahou-Kahuku is a foregone conclusion, which would provide interesting story lines, particularly Reggie Torres vs. his old team. I think Torres' knowledge of Kahuku will give Punahou a huge edge, but Kahuku might benefit from Punahou not having played for three weeks. Nevertheless, if Wily can't play against Punahou (should Kahuku advance), the Red Raiders will be in SERIOUS trouble.
The problem with Kahuku right now is they are trying to be a more balanced offense. When you talk about a run-heavy Big Boys team, to a run-heavy JV team, then to come into a "balanced" Varsity offense, those Kahuku boys don't have that in their mindset. They are run-heavy thinkers. What they should have done is gradually added the passing game little by little each game. I feel like this new coach is trying to prove a point on offense saying we are going to make this "balanced offense" work one way or another. And if it doesn't, then we're gonna keep trying until it does. I mean I'm no coach but there are things that even non-coaches notice that would clearly help out that offense.

Congrats to Mililani though. They won. Plain and simple!
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Week 13,

1.Punahou 7-0
2.Mililani 11-0 Win OIA D-I title
3.Farrington 8-2 OIA No.3 going to states.Maui Sabers 7-2 next.
4.St.Louis 6-4
5.Kahuku 8-2 OIA runner-up going to states.
6.Hilo 10-0 BIIF champs.Kahuku next.
7.Campbell 7-4 Season over
8.Kamehameha 5-3
9.Leilehua 6-2
10.Waianae 5-4

Kahuku and Hilo could be a close game.Farrington and Maui maybe not so close.
Hilo's O-line is very small and I believe they lost a starter to injury. At least two OL also play D-line as well. Kahuku will eventually wear them down. However, the only BIIF team to put up points and yards on them was KS-Hawaii, and it was through the air.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:And does anyone know if Hilo's coach, Dave Baldwin, is the former San Jose State head coach and Michigan State defensive coordinator?
The Dave Baldwin from SJSU/McChicken State is the OC at CSU. We'll see him next week.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

COngratulations Mililani!

Gotta say, High school football is so much more fun to watch than Chowball.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote: Regardless, I believe Punahou-Kahuku is a foregone conclusion, which would provide interesting story lines, particularly Reggie Torres vs. his old team. I think Torres' knowledge of Kahuku will give Punahou a huge edge, but Kahuku might benefit from Punahou not having played for three weeks. Nevertheless, if Wily can't play against Punahou (should Kahuku advance), the Red Raiders will be in SERIOUS trouble.
??
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Looking forward to Mililani and Punahou in the State Finals.
I am the one who knocks.

itshandled
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by itshandled »

After watching Kahuku on Friday against the Trojans.
I have no doubt they will take Hilo.
And look forward to their game against Punahou.

The most eye opening thing about watching Kahuku, is that this is how they play on a 'rebuilding' year. Even when they aren't playing that great they still are in a lot of ways... great. Look they made it to States, 2nd in the OIA. I don't think Hilo stands a chance. Whether Wily is in or not. That Hilo offense isn't going anywhere.