unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by Aitorahi »

unpaid wrote:
The OIA playoffs take shape now....Campbell and Leilehua has the potential to be a high-scoring affair. Weren't Kapolei and Kahuku supposed to play during Red-Blue crossover games?...now we get that game despite Iselle.Mililani and Kaiser...Trojans are just too much to handle for just about everyone but Punahou.
You might be thinking of Campbell who was to play Kahuku in week 1, but was cancelled because of Iselle. Kapolei and Kahuku played in week 2 with Kahuku winning. Kapolei JV coming to Kahuku for a double header. Once again, Kahuku has only lost at home 1 time in the past 14 years. But it was Kapolei who beat them in 2007. Will it happen again?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Aitorahi wrote:
unpaid wrote:
The OIA playoffs take shape now....Campbell and Leilehua has the potential to be a high-scoring affair. Weren't Kapolei and Kahuku supposed to play during Red-Blue crossover games?...now we get that game despite Iselle.Mililani and Kaiser...Trojans are just too much to handle for just about everyone but Punahou.
You might be thinking of Campbell who was to play Kahuku in week 1, but was cancelled because of Iselle. Kapolei and Kahuku played in week 2 with Kahuku winning. Kapolei JV coming to Kahuku for a double header. Once again, Kahuku has only lost at home 1 time in the past 14 years. But it was Kapolei who beat them in 2007. Will it happen again?
Frankly, I think home-field advantage is overrated. Kapolei has the tallest O-line in the state, but that doesn't make it the best O-line in the state; I think Mililani's is better. Anyway, if Kahuku plays the way it did against Waianae, Kahuku should win it. I think Kahuku's D-line is about as good as Kapolei's O-line.

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Aitorahi wrote:
unpaid wrote:
Frankly, I think home-field advantage is overrated. Kapolei has the tallest O-line in the state, but that doesn't make it the best O-line in the state; I think Mililani's is better. Anyway, if Kahuku plays the way it did against Waianae, Kahuku should win it. I think Kahuku's D-line is about as good as Kapolei's O-line.
It's not the field, it's the drive that hits you. Then you have to deal with that physicality for 4 quarters.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@soleu: Yes, it is a long drive; I drove it once, and I wouldn't want to do it again. Still, I think it's mind over matter. Kapolei has taken that ride to Kahuku before, their coaches know it can be tiring, and I'm sure they've prepared the players for it. I would imagine that once Kapolei takes the field, adrenaline will take over, and it will be like any other "away game." Besides, if Kahuku beats Kapolei, let it be because the better team won, and not because the trip won. I do think Kapolei will be ready to play when they step off the team bus.

95boyz

Post by 95boyz »

I guess the drive from Kahuku to everywhere else is short
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

^^^ :) :) lol

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

95boyz wrote:I guess the drive from Kahuku to everywhere else is short
Winnah!!

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

I guess the drive from Kahuku to everywhere else is short

....... all down hill das why :-

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Eleven,

1.Punahou 6-0 St.Louis next.Crusaders would have to win next week to get into a title game.
2.Mililani 9-0 Scary to say it ,but the Trojans are peaking at playoff time.Bad news for opponents.
3.Kahuku 7-1 Bad Kahuku showed up this week but the D won it for the Red Raiders.
4.Farrington 7-1 Kahuku next in the OIA D-I semifinals.
5.Campbell 7-2 Ended Leilehua's season.
6.St.Louis 6-3 The offense is blossoming and even the defense is starting to improve.Punahou next.
7.Hilo 8-0 BIIF D-I playoff game against Keaau PPD.
8.Kamehameha 5-3 Season over.
9.Leilehua 6-2 Season over.
10.Maui 7-1 Shut out King Kekaulike 48-0.

Waianae dropped out with the loss to Farrington.
Good Kahuku had better show up next week for the Farrington game.The Govs have balance..so does Kahuku when they are good...but when the Red Raiders are bad,well the Govs can win this game if no-dimensional, bad Kahuku shows up.

Be safe out there the next few days!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

The spotlight Thursday is on OIA D-I.

No.3 Kahuku and No.4 Farrington. Going with the Govs here. Kahuku runs hot and cold on offense.The Red Raiders are not even consistent in their inconsistency,if that makes any sense. They don't seem to be good on offense one week and bad the next.They seem to be good one week and then bad the next two or three. Their D has mostly kept them where they are now in the rankings. In the last two weeks,Kahuku has been good ,then bad.Unfortunately,I think that means they have another bad offensive weekend coming up.Farrington is getting better each week at throwing and running the football both.Kahuku may score 9 again,but I believe Farrington can score 10 at least.Just can't figure Kahuku out this year.

No.2 Mililani and No.5 Campbell.Unless Mililani uncharacteristically collapses on both sides of the ball,Campbell will have more trouble than they can handle from the Trojans.

Still,the losing teams on Thursday still get one more game to get into states.

C'mon Thursday night!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

do u know who plays the early game and who plays tha late game on thursday?

also keep in mind that the one game kahuku played at the stadium this season they played well so for my sake i hope it means something.
kahuku 28 - farrington 24
-------------------

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

huki-lau-lau wrote:do u know who plays the early game and who plays tha late game on thursday?

also keep in mind that the one game kahuku played at the stadium this season they played well so for my sake i hope it means something.
Mills/Campbell is the 530 game

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

One thing we have to factor in is the long drive from Kahuku to Aloha Stadium. LOL!!

GO BIG RED!!!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

The spotlight shines on ILH D-I this Friday.

Punahou and St.Louis. This is the short version. Punahou is still No.1. St. Louis is much improved on offense.The defense,while better,is nowhere near where it needs to be to blunt the Puns offensively. Going with Punahou here.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday spotlight shines on BIIF D-I.

Hilo and Keaau.Vikings should take this one.

Kealakehe and Waiakea...both have size ,but Hilo so far has had both a little size and a lot more speed.I will go with Kealakehe in this game.

Getreal$...what you tink,eh?