unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by Undftd »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
FatherofCody&Casey wrote:
unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

68-0,42-28,54-34....The ILH principals will probably vote to approve the separation of D-I and D-II football competition.

Nice job by Leilehua to lock up no worse than a number two seed for the OIA playoffs.Looks like Kaiser might draw Kapolei out of the blue.Still some things to be sorted out with Saturday games still to come.
Regardless, the 42-28 was not a rout and was a close game until the start of the 4th quarter. I hope the rumors you heard about Iolani are correct.

And looking ahead to the Punahou-Kamehameha game, the pressure is all on Kamehameha. Even a win by them wouldn't guarantee them a bye. Their offense should give them somewhat of a chance against Punahou, but the defense needs massive improvement. I think if Punahou takes them seriously and does not come in cocky, they should win, probably big.
Kamehameha's O is decent, but it's not going to overcome Punahou's D. As for Kamehameha's D, it's weaker than the O, which is ironic. Just before the season began, the D was supposed to be Kamehameha's strength. Then St Louis' O showed that Kamehameha's D isn't anything like it was cracked-up to be. At this point, I would say Kamehameha's O has shown-up their D. Unfortunately, none of all that will matter against Punahou. Punahou by 21.
STL beat Kam, so that defense cant be great. i say Punahou by 35, with some backups coming in in the 4th
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@Undftd: As I said, Kamehameha's D isn't anything like it was cracked-up to be. Punahou by 35 is certainly within the realm of possibility, though I think Kamehameha's D is a little better than St Louis'. When was the last time Damien hung 35 points on St Louis? Ever?

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:@Undftd: As I said, Kamehameha's D isn't anything like it was cracked-up to be. Punahou by 35 is certainly within the realm of possibility, though I think Kamehameha's D is a little better than St Louis'. When was the last time Damien hung 35 points on St Louis? Ever?
Thats valid i dont think it will be a blow out like the STL game but this game could be over by the second half.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Undftd wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:@Undftd: As I said, Kamehameha's D isn't anything like it was cracked-up to be. Punahou by 35 is certainly within the realm of possibility, though I think Kamehameha's D is a little better than St Louis'. When was the last time Damien hung 35 points on St Louis? Ever?
Thats valid i dont think it will be a blow out like the STL game but this game could be over by the second half.
Well, it doesn't really matter whether it's going to be a blowout or not, or when the game will become a blowout, or at which point the game will be over. All that matters is who wins the game, and that will be Punahou.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.1Punahou and No.3Kamehameha.The Warriors are tough and have fought through a lot of adversity and still only have one loss to date. Sua-Godinet is now showing signs of being equally dangerous through the air as he is on the ground. Still ,Punahou is a more complete team. I feel the Puns take this game and the ILH D-I playoff bye.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote:Headliners this week,

No.1Punahou and No.3Kamehameha.The Warriors are tough and have fought through a lot of adversity and still only have one loss to date. Sua-Godinet is now showing signs of being equally dangerous through the air as he is on the ground. Still ,Punahou is a more complete team. I feel the Puns take this game and the ILH D-I playoff bye.
1. Isn't Kamehameha #4?
2. Sua-Godinet has indeed made great strides with his passing. I think the only chance Kamehameha has is to throw the ball 75% of the time; they won't be able to run the ball much on Punahou. At the same time, Kamehameha's D-line needs to redeem itself, to compensate for its embarrassing performance against St Louis' O-line. St Louis has a good O-line, but Kamehameha's D-line was supposed to be a little better. Kamehameha's big NG was injured against St Louis; is he back? Kamehameha could sure use him to dominate Punahou's center.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

1. Isn't Kamehameha #4?
2. Sua-Godinet has indeed made great strides with his passing. I think the only chance Kamehameha has is to throw the ball 75% of the time; they won't be able to run the ball much on Punahou. At the same time, Kamehameha's D-line needs to redeem itself, to compensate for its embarrassing performance against St Louis' O-line. St Louis has a good O-line, but Kamehameha's D-line was supposed to be a little better. Kamehameha's big NG was injured against St Louis; is he back? Kamehameha could sure use him to dominate Punahou's center.
Punahou vs Kamehameha will be close, at least at the start. The last few years Punahou has definitely been the more talented team but the Warriors find a way to play Punahou tough. If Punahou comes out and plays to its ability, it should be no problem. If the Buffanblu shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties, it will allow Kamehameha to stay close. I anticipate lots of different kinds of blitzes to put stress on Tuliloa as no one has really made him feel uncomfortable in the pocket.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I wonder if both teams' previous games will play a role in the performance of Punahou and Kamehameha tonight. Kamehameha battled almost the whole way against Iolani and needed 3 1/2 quarters to put the game away. Punahou's starters played all of one quarter against Pac-Five. The question is: will Kamehameha feel the exhaustion of playing two consecutive tough games, or will Punahou come out rusty?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

fanoffb wrote:

1. Isn't Kamehameha #4?
Punahou vs Kamehameha will be close, at least at the start. The last few years Punahou has definitely been the more talented team but the Warriors find a way to play Punahou tough. If Punahou comes out and plays to its ability, it should be no problem. If the Buffanblu shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers and penalties, it will allow Kamehameha to stay close. I anticipate lots of different kinds of blitzes to put stress on Tuliloa as no one has really made him feel uncomfortable in the pocket.
I don't know; Kamehameha didn't play Punahou tough last year.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote:I wonder if both teams' previous games will play a role in the performance of Punahou and Kamehameha tonight. Kamehameha battled almost the whole way against Iolani and needed 3 1/2 quarters to put the game away. Punahou's starters played all of one quarter against Pac-Five. The question is: will Kamehameha feel the exhaustion of playing two consecutive tough games, or will Punahou come out rusty?
I doubt that either team will be affected. One concern for Kamehameha, though, is that one of their RBs twisted his ankle in the Iolani game. Don't think it was Bayudan, but still: You want all of your RBs healthy.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

Start of the 4th starters coming out and Kam has 12 rushing yards... The week punahou DB's played Kam phenomonal with exception to the first drive. they were able to play no safeties over the top and put 9 in the box, thats trust in the corners right there.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

I stopped listening to the 1500 AM play-by-play after halftime.It seemed obvious Punahou had Kamehameha figured out.I can;t see St.Louis or Kamehameha beating the Puns twice in a row,which is what it would take,to win the ILH and go to states.

The OIA playoffs take shape now....Campbell and Leilehua has the potential to be a high-scoring affair. Weren't Kapolei and Kahuku supposed to play during Red-Blue crossover games?...now we get that game despite Iselle.Mililani and Kaiser...Trojans are just too much to handle for just about everyone but Punahou.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Undftd wrote:Start of the 4th starters coming out and Kam has 12 rushing yards... The week punahou DB's played Kam phenomonal with exception to the first drive. they were able to play no safeties over the top and put 9 in the box, thats trust in the corners right there.
Interestingly, Kamehameha had more passing yards than did Punahou, but have nothing to show for it but one TD.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Ten,

1.Punahou 6-0
2.Mililani 8-0
3.Kahuku 6-1
4.Farrington 6-1
5.Kamehameha 5-2
6.Leilehua 6-1
7.Campbell 6-2
8.Hilo 8-0
9.St.Louis 5-3
10.Waianae 5-3

Kaiser and Maui are looking to move up.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

Undftd wrote:Start of the 4th starters coming out and Kam has 12 rushing yards... The week punahou DB's played Kam phenomonal with exception to the first drive. they were able to play no safeties over the top and put 9 in the box, thats trust in the corners right there.
Interestingly, Kamehameha had more passing yards than did Punahou, but have nothing to show for it but one TD.
Hallow mercy rule yards im guessing.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions