unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:I couldn't argue with you, Rocket. There are some big games left to play that may or may not be telling. Is there anyone left on Mililani's schedule that could upset them? Punahou still has to get through Kam. I still wonder if the lack of games against quality opponents could hurt Punahou in the long wrong, though I do understand a team trying get as far as it can without getting beat up along the way.
Punahou will get through Kamehameha. St Louis showed that Kamehameha's D can't stop anyone in the ILH D1. Kamehameha's O is respectable and improving, particularly in the passing game. But they still won't be able to overcome Punahou's D.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

dirtylickens wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote:The big shocker of the night, IMO, was Kailua's near victory against Moanalua.

How in the world did they win? it was 33-6 when they announced it on OC16, and now they came back and won? daaaaaaang.
I would blame it on Kailua's D. Wasn't Kailua up by 3 TDs in the 4th qrtr? Kailua's D has no excuse for letting Moanalua come back from that far back, in the final qrtr. Meanwhile, Kailua as a team has no excuse for letting Moanalua score 28 unanswered points.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheDuke wrote:I believe St Louis played Mililani the closest.
Well, St Louis' D is too weak. St Francis scored 19 points and gained over 200 yds offense--almost all through the air--against them. St Francis! And, consider that Campbell is primarily a passing team. I think you have to rank Campbell ahead of St Louis.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Well, St Louis' D is too weak. St Francis scored 19 points and gained over 200 yds offense--almost all through the air--against them. St Francis! And, consider that Campbell is primarily a passing team. I think you have to rank Campbell ahead of St Louis.
Yeah but Campbell only put up 28 points compared to St Louis 47 points against Mililani...Measure the levels of play on a team both Campbell and St Louis played...not no Saint Francis team where starters are pulled out coz the Saints SMASHED them by the half...:D

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Btw there's not a team in this state that is on Punahou's level...Punahou has a complete team...Mililani has sum firecrackers on offense but their D is mediocre..."IF" Mililani makes it to the states, their offense will be facing the same Defense that put the clamps on Malepeai and made Rod York pull plays from a bag of tricks out of desperation...the buffs only lost two true starters on D...trust if St. Louis put 47 up on them, guess what the Buffs gonna do...Blow the roof off

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Swag43 wrote:Btw there's not a team in this state that is on Punahou's level...Punahou has a complete team...Mililani has sum firecrackers on offense but their D is mediocre..."IF" Mililani makes it to the states, their offense will be facing the same Defense that put the clamps on Malepeai and made Rod York pull plays from a bag of tricks out of desperation...the buffs only lost two true starters on D...trust if St. Louis put 47 up on them, guess what the Buffs gonna do...Blow the roof off
So far so good for Punahou but round two with St. Louis will be more telling. I also think Mililani is a little better this year offensively then last year so a complete blow out against Punahou is unlikely but Punahou does win convincingly.

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

If Punahou beats Kam, then Kam and St. Louis will have to play off for the right to play Punahou again. There may not be a round 2 for St. Louis. I agree though that Mililani will be a very challenging opponent for who ever they end up playing. Doesn't mean that Punahou shouldn't be favored, but I don't expect anyone to dominate Mililani.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Swag43 wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Yeah but Campbell only put up 28 points compared to St Louis 47 points against Mililani...Measure the levels of play on a team both Campbell and St Louis played...not no Saint Francis team where starters are pulled out coz the Saints SMASHED them by the half...:D
Just to mention: We can't call St Louis the Saints anymore, because that's now St Francis' official nickname. Isn't that ridiculous? I don't see why St Francis couldn't keep their original nickname, Troubadors. The troubadors of medieval Europe weren't females, which makes it a mystery why St Francis selected that nickname in the first place, since it was an all-girls' school. Another problem created by St Francis' selection of "Saints" as its official nickname, is that it screws-up St Louis' touchdown song: "When The Saints Go Marching In". Now that song celebrates a St Francis touchdown! Is St Louis still using that song as its touchdown song? It seems kind of ironic when St Louis plays St Francis, that each time St Louis scores, the band plays, "When the Saints--(St Francis)--Go Marching In"!
Anyway: Were all of St Francis' points scored in garbage time, after St Louis' 1st-string D was pulled-out? I don't think so. Two of their three TDs were scored in the 1st half.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.4.Kahuku and No.9 Waianae.I just have to believe that Red Raider players and coaches will figure it out and beat Waianae.

No.5 Campbell and No.6 Farrington. Govs lost their starting QB to disqualification for this upcoming weekend's games.
Campbell win,IMHO.

No.7 Leilehua and No.10 Kaiser. Going with the Mules in a close one.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

68-0,42-28,54-34....The ILH principals will probably vote to approve the separation of D-I and D-II football competition.

Nice job by Leilehua to lock up no worse than a number two seed for the OIA playoffs.Looks like Kaiser might draw Kapolei out of the blue.Still some things to be sorted out with Saturday games still to come.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

68-0,42-28,54-34....The ILH principals will probably vote to approve the separation of D-I and D-II football competition.

Nice job by Leilehua to lock up no worse than a number two seed for the OIA playoffs.Looks like Kaiser might draw Kapolei out of the blue.Still some things to be sorted out with Saturday games still to come.
Regardless, the 42-28 was not a rout and was a close game until the start of the 4th quarter. I hope the rumors you heard about Iolani are correct.

And looking ahead to the Punahou-Kamehameha game, the pressure is all on Kamehameha. Even a win by them wouldn't guarantee them a bye. Their offense should give them somewhat of a chance against Punahou, but the defense needs massive improvement. I think if Punahou takes them seriously and does not come in cocky, they should win, probably big.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 9,

1.Punahou 5-0 No.3 Kamehameha next.
2.Mililani 8-0 Still look like the OIA champs so far. Bye next in OIA D-I playoffs
3.Kamehameha 5-1 No.1 Punahou next...I like this time of year...big games!
4.Kahuku 6-1 Like I said before..don't get too down on Kahuku just because they lost one game.
5.Farrington 6-1
6.Leilehua 6-1
7.Campbell 5-2 Sabers lose a close one.Who knew the Sabers starting QB would be suspended too?
8.Hilo 7-0
9.St.Louis 5-3. It took awhile but hey no one at 9 or 10 lost recently until this week when Leilehua defeated Kaiser..
10.Waianae 4-3.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Week 9,

1.Punahou 5-0 No.3 Kamehameha next.
2.Mililani 8-0 Still look like the OIA champs so far. Bye next in OIA D-I playoffs
3.Kamehameha 5-1 No.1 Punahou next...I like this time of year...big games!
4.Kahuku 6-1 Like I said before..don't get too down on Kahuku just because they lost one game.
5.Farrington 6-1
6.Leilehua 6-1
7.Campbell 5-2 Sabers lose a close one.Who knew the Sabers starting QB would be suspended too?
8.Hilo 7-0
9.St.Louis 5-3. It took awhile but hey no one at 9 or 10 lost recently until this week when Leilehua defeated Kaiser..
10.Waianae 4-3.
Hilo at 8 is a good rating. Their defense is playing well but their offense is really erratic at this point of the season.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:
unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Regardless, the 42-28 was not a rout and was a close game until the start of the 4th quarter. I hope the rumors you heard about Iolani are correct.

And looking ahead to the Punahou-Kamehameha game, the pressure is all on Kamehameha. Even a win by them wouldn't guarantee them a bye. Their offense should give them somewhat of a chance against Punahou, but the defense needs massive improvement. I think if Punahou takes them seriously and does not come in cocky, they should win, probably big.
Kamehameha's O is decent, but it's not going to overcome Punahou's D. As for Kamehameha's D, it's weaker than the O, which is ironic. Just before the season began, the D was supposed to be Kamehameha's strength. Then St Louis' O showed that Kamehameha's D isn't anything like it was cracked-up to be. At this point, I would say Kamehameha's O has shown-up their D. Unfortunately, none of all that will matter against Punahou. Punahou by 21.