unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by rrforlifebaby »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:
fanoffb wrote:Not sure if this is an updated poll, but when was the last time 2 teams from Hawaii were receiving national recognition like this?
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/rankings.a ... 1a95a1d6d4

I think both Kahuku and Punahou were ranked a few years ago, but not this high.
Maybe in '98 or '99 Kahuku and St. Louis were both ranked.
yup, not sure about the years, but both the Red Raiders and Crusaders were ranked nationally.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 15,

1.Punahou 8-0
2.Mililani 12-0
3.St.Louis 6-4
4.Kahuku 9-3 Season over.
5.Farrington 9-3 Season over.
6.Campbell 7-4
7.Hilo 10-1
8.Kamehameha 5-3
9.Leilehua 6-2
10.Waianae 5-4

Punahou and Mililani in the showdown in the finals.Mililani looked better ...but I think the Govs were the weaker opponent yesterday. Kahuku gave it their all...the defenses on both sides basically stopped the offenses.The kicking game,special teams play and turnovers decided this game in favor of the Puns.

My first impression is that Punahou will probably take the D-I crown next weekend.We shall see.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Rocket95 wrote:So it's Punahou vs Mililani for the Chamiponship. Round 2. Possible Redemption? #1 vs. #2. They look about even on paper. Both teams struggled tonight to reach the Champioship game. Should be a good one.

I wonder if Mililani's ejected players will be able to play or will it be like Montana. Liana being ejected in one game and forces to sit the next. That could be a problem for Mililani if the ejected players can't play.
My understanding is that the ejections didn't hold, and that the Mililani players will play against Punahou.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

OIA Teams were announced.

It just doesn't feel the same having it All-OIA Red/Blue instead of All-OIA Red West/East

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

unpaid wrote:Week 15,

1.Punahou 8-0
2.Mililani 12-0
3.St.Louis 6-4
4.Kahuku 9-3 Season over.
5.Farrington 9-3 Season over.
6.Campbell 7-4
7.Hilo 10-1
8.Kamehameha 5-3
9.Leilehua 6-2
10.Waianae 5-4

Punahou and Mililani in the showdown in the finals.Mililani looked better ...but I think the Govs were the weaker opponent yesterday. Kahuku gave it their all...the defenses on both sides basically stopped the offenses.The kicking
game,special teams play and turnovers decided this game in favor of the Puns.

My first impression is that Punahou will probably take the D-I crown next weekend.We shall see.
St.Louis is not 3 rd. Their season was long over. At this point Kahuku would beat them. I mean Punahou laid 55 and 35 on them yet could nt score a TD against Kahuku.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

ummmmm...if I remember correctly,Punahou did score a TD when Noa ran back a kick for a touchdown against Kahuku this past weekend....that would be six points which is equal to a touchdown I believe.St.Louis still leaves a lot to be desired on defense ,but their offense could definitely score more than Kahuku right now...so Kahuku and St.Louis would be an interesting game...but not gonna happen in 2014.

Maybe they will face each other next year.

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

He probably meant a TD the offense was responsible for.

I can't stop thinking about what a crazy game it was: 14 turnovers between the two teams, negative rushing yardage for Punahou, Noa with only one big catch, a 48 yard field goal from a HS kid, several kids playing both ways for Kahuku, and dominating while they were at it, both QBs relentlessly harassed. Both teams full of heart.

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:He probably meant a TD the offense was responsible for.

I can't stop thinking about what a crazy game it was: 14 turnovers between the two teams, negative rushing yardage for Punahou, Noa with only one big catch, a 48 yard field goal from a HS kid, several kids playing both ways for Kahuku, and dominating while they were at it, both QBs relentlessly harassed. Both teams full of heart.
I just wanna say the -54 yards from sacks counted towards the run. they rushed for 50 but sacks killed em.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

Good point. That's an amazing stat, too, though. -50 yards in sacks! Both defenses very well-prepared......

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:He probably meant a TD the offense was responsible for.

Kahuku really amazed me; can't say enough about them. Punahou has a good O-line and a good RB in Taulapapa. For Kahuku to hold them to negative rushing yards is mind-boggling, especially when you consider the injuries Kahuku went into the game with. Meanwhile, Noa is one of the best receivers in the state, and for Kahuku to hold him to just one big catch, is simply amazing. I think Kahuku's D deserves some kind of gold medal for playing so way over their heads. I know their D was good, but they played even better than that. I hope Mililani's D has a similar kind of night on Saturday. They can help tame Punahou's passing game by having sacks like Kahuku did. I think Mililani had 5 sacks against Farrington. And, while Farrington has a heavier O-line than Punahou, it's probably slower too, for the same reason. Manu has to neutralize Uluave, and Kaaiawaawa has to flatten some people. Padello's been getting quite a few sacks lately, too. Mililani will need for him to get to Tuliloa. Meanwhile, Mililani's LBs have to get penetration, and take Tuliloa down.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

unpaid wrote:ummmmm...if I remember correctly,Punahou did score a TD when Noa ran back a kick for a touchdown against Kahuku this past weekend....that would be six points which is equal to a touchdown I believe.St.Louis still leaves a lot to be desired on defense ,but their offense could definitely score more than Kahuku right now...so Kahuku and St.Louis would be an interesting game...but not gonna happen in 2014.

Maybe they will face each other next year.
Scuse me. Offensive TD is what I meant.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Ain't no big ting brah. If I had a dollar for every time another board member corrected one of my mistakes,I could get a really nice Christmas present for someone...heh,heh.My problem is I can't figgah out how to get that dollar every time I shoot my mouth off when I am wrong!

I will say this about Punahou-Kahuku....I really struggled with picking Punahou to win because Kahuku was definitely coming on in the last month....the nagging problem with the Red Raiders was that the offense was still not scoring a lot of points...in the end,I had to go with Punahou...the Puns were simply better balanced.

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

unpaid wrote:Ain't no big ting brah. If I had a dollar for every time another board member corrected one of my mistakes,I could get a really nice Christmas present for someone...heh,heh.My problem is I can't figgah out how to get that dollar every time I shoot my mouth off when I am wrong!

I will say this about Punahou-Kahuku....I really struggled with picking Punahou to win because Kahuku was definitely coming on in the last month....the nagging problem with the Red Raiders was that the offense was still not scoring a lot of points...in the end,I had to go with Punahou...the Puns were simply better balanced.
No problem. I'm a Kahuku diehard and did not believe that they would get this far after the tossing of Torres. Also with the nagging injuries, Punahou's 3 week rest, and the Leilehua,Waianae,Kapolei,Farrington,Mililani,Hilo then Punahou games, Dat is an impressive power finish. It will be a great game tommorrow for High School fans. Aloha.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 16,

1.Mililani 13-0 D-I champs.
2.Punahou 8-1
3.St.Louis 6-4
4.Kahuku 9-3
5.Farrington 9-3
6.Campbell 7-4
7.Hilo 10-1
8.Kamehameha 5-3
9.Leilehua 6-2
10.Waianae 5-4

The Trojans are wearing the crown now. Can they keep it up next year? Can the Crusaders find a defense...will the Red Raiders find an offense in 2015? We will see.

95boyz

Post by 95boyz »

unpaid wrote:Week 16,

1.Mililani 13-0 D-I champs.
2.Punahou 8-1
3.St.Louis 6-4
4.Kahuku 9-3
5.Farrington 9-3
6.Campbell 7-4
7.Hilo 10-1
8.Kamehameha 5-3
9.Leilehua 6-2
10.Waianae 5-4

The Trojans are wearing the crown now. Can they keep it up next year? Can the Crusaders find a defense...will the Red Raiders find an offense in 2015? We will see.
We already had an offense. Our OC needs to hit da road.
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!