Punahou will not play kaiser/OIA this year.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Punahou will not play kaiser/OIA this year.

Post by Undftd »

Is this true for the rest of the ILH? it has to do with the OIA starting the season earlier. Kind of ridiculous to only be playing ILH all season.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Punahou will not play kaiser/OIA this year.

Post by LocalCheesehead »

Saint Louis plays Mililani and Kapolei for preseason.

football_fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by football_fan »

Undftd wrote:Is this true for the rest of the ILH? it has to do with the OIA starting the season earlier. Kind of ridiculous to only be playing ILH all season.

Wouldn't doubt if they bailed on that game...They should play a contender...

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

Kaiser plays Tafuna of America Samoa in a preseason game

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

EASTHONFAN wrote:Kaiser plays Tafuna of America Samoa in a preseason game
When?.....and Where?

Optimus

Post by Optimus »

And all the Kaiser peeps are breathing a sigh of relief.

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

Sorry I just found out that the game between Kaiser and Tafuna was cancelled

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Radford will travel to San Diego to play Francis Parker High School on Friday,August 29. Lancers Head Coach John Morrison is 126-52-2 at Parker.There is a no-cut policy for the school athletic teams.Parker is a CIF DIV IV school.The 9-12 enrollment is just over 500,but shed no tears for them.

The Lancers have been CIF Division champions seven times ,most recently in 2009.They have been finalists in 2010 and 2012 as well and seem to have a successful program.Parker is an independent,non-denominational college prep school K-12.

Radford has a big hole at QB,but options are there at receiver and runningback.Coach Salanoa has his work cut out for him.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Kamehameha Warriors will travel to Loomis ,California to play Del Oro HS on Friday ,August 29.
The Golden Eagles have been the CIF Northern DIV I champions in 2011 and 2013.. Good program that is not afraid to schedule the best competition. Just over 1700 enrollment...public school..loads of league and CIF Sac-Joaquin Section championships.

Coach Doug Cosbie had a good inaugural season as Kamehameha Head Football Coach. Promising QB returns .Mika Tafua is a national top 300 prospect in one recruiting service. So the Warriors will look to reload if they can.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

LocalCheesehead says St.Louis is playing two OIA schools in addition to taking on St.John Bosco from Bellflower,California. Kamehameha has one open date that they filled with a top Cali D-I school. Radford had an open date that they filled with a top Cali private school. I don't know what the schedules for this fall are for these three schools but.....I think you can say that if OIA and ILH schools want to schedule each other in interleague ..St.Louis has proved it can be done if the schools want to do it. The OIA Red has added another league game but ,Mililani and Kapolei are in the Red and playing the Crusaders in the fall...that tells me that if a school wants to make it happen then they will.

OIA -ILH season match-ups will still be around as long as there is an OIA and ILH.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Just wondering,since this thread was about a supposed Punahou-Kaiser interleague match-up in football...but I was wondering whether or not there was actually going to be a game between the Bufffablu and the Cougars ..and if there was any board member out there who knew what the plans were for a PUN-KAIS football match-up this fall?