Rex Manu

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Rex Manu

Post by J-Rod »

Anybody find it a little weird that across all recruiting services (Scout, Rivals, 247, etc.) that Rex Manu has no rating, ranking, some even profile? Obviously there is an easy argument to make for Fehoko being the best DT in the state, but outsiders and recruiters would think there is a gigantic gap in talent between Fehoko and Manu based on these assessments, when really there's not much of a difference at all. Obviously Manu ends up at the better college program anyway, but I always find the recruiting assessments of local kids to be funny. Even last year....you really have to be nuts to think Kennedy Tulimasealii was not at least tied with Savaiinaea as the states top recruit in 2013. Not only was he not that, he was rated behind Pagano at that. Anyways, forgive my rambling....I actually usually side with the rankings...they're more accurate than some fans would like to admit. But in terms of local kids.....they've missed big time on quite a few.

football_fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Rex Manu

Post by football_fan »

J-Rod wrote:Anybody find it a little weird that across all recruiting services (Scout, Rivals, 247, etc.) that Rex Manu has no rating, ranking, some even profile? Obviously there is an easy argument to make for Fehoko being the best DT in the state, but outsiders and recruiters would think there is a gigantic gap in talent between Fehoko and Manu based on these assessments, when really there's not much of a difference at all. Obviously Manu ends up at the better college program anyway, but I always find the recruiting assessments of local kids to be funny. Even last year....you really have to be nuts to think Kennedy Tulimasealii was not at least tied with Savaiinaea as the states top recruit in 2013. Not only was he not that, he was rated behind Pagano at that. Anyways, forgive my rambling....I actually usually side with the rankings...they're more accurate than some fans would like to admit. But in terms of local kids.....they've missed big time on quite a few.

Manu shouldn't even worry about comparisons as his verbal to Stanford puts him on a fast track to potentially a fortune 500 elite degree. His commitment to that makes him unique and special in that regard.
Manu may not have the Herculean build, and hype as Fehoko, but he did anchor arguably the best defense in the state last year. In the OIA, Fehoko and Manu stand alone as true D-I level recruited Defensive Tackles.
Most schools will have excellent DE type players who plays both DT and DE...(Kaumatule from Punahou, Luziado from Campbell comes to mind), but not many will have the dominant interior guys like Manu and Fehoko.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

its all about hype and who markets themselves. Fehoko and Pagano spoke to media and "analyst" a lot, and got out to a lot of camps. Tulimasealii didn't, it also didn't help that Tulimasealii is on the smaller side.

these analyst cant get out and watch every single player. camps offer them the ability to see a bunch of players in 1 weekend. theres a kid from the bay named Ngalu Tapa. kid is a straight up beast and pretty comparable to Nifae Lealao. but he was unranked for the longest time bc he didn't have the hype.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Rex is a big dude! The 2 DTs are a big reason Mililanis D was so tuff last year! Scary to see how good they will be this year with so many returning underclassmen!