Fehoko committed to Texas Tech

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Fehoko committed to Texas Tech

Post by huki-lau-lau »

unpaid wrote:If there is justice in the world,then maybe someday people you don't know will get to post criticisms against your kids by name and let's see how you guys deal with it.
no one cares about the nobodys of this world so im sure most of us wont have to face that situation. lol.
-------------------

DA SCOUT
High-quality H20 provider

Post by DA SCOUT »

dirtylickens wrote:i cant believe i just read someone say that Tulimasealii is not as good as Fehoko. that is the most bogus thing ive ever read. Yes his grades are bad, and yes fehoko has a 4.0 at Farrington. They are both exceptional players, but I have seen Tulimasealii literally toy with lineman in the OIA West. If you watch Fehokos highlight tape, you'll see him bull rushing a student that is half his size and forced to play tackle for Castle. Now this tape will help him get recruited, but I believe that Tulimasealii, if given the opportunity to go elsewhere (Not able because of academics) he would be head and shoulders above Fehoko. Tulimaseali'i was never the second best lineman on his team, and I would go out on a limb to say that was the case beginning in his sophomore year. Fehoko on the other hand, has still not been dubbed the best dlineman on his own team. Not with Motu Heimuli being the player that he is.

Give Fehoko for credit for getting his name out there, and keeping his head in the books. Give him credit for his work in the weight room, and for his high work ethic. But dont say that he is better than a player who was an all state 1st team selection for 3 years in a row. How Fehoko made it this year is Completely outrageous.

I am happy for him, he deserves to decide on any school he feels comofortable. With his brother Same being an alum, and VJ transferring over after graduating from Utah, we see why comfort would be the case. Fehoko is a D1 talent, but not as talented as many make him out to be. I wish him the best of luck, and hope he proves me wrong. As of right now, I dont see him being much more than a rotational player. needs to work on his speed. he has the strength
never said he was better just a higher ceiling, meaning more potential! anyone who knows kennedy knows his work ethic is terrible though gifted in some ways ,his speed and athleticism for example but everything else is work in porgress . using his academics as a excuse is a sad story because UH is not a easy school to get into he had one offer that was UH he had a lot of interest from schools because of the hype but on film he is not that impressive

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

KOKOHEAD808 wrote:Figures the whole PR game he and his family were playing with each so called offer would result in him making a safe choice
I was thinking the exact same thing. You receive an offer from schools like Alabama, and SEC programs, but decide on Texas Tech. Kinda caught me off guard as well, but hey congratulations to him. Im just calling it like i see it. I don't see Fehoko as an elite prospect by any means. You can even factor in his potential and frame but dont see him being much more than a rotational player. Look at his brothers before him. All renouned prospects and at the top of their recruiting class in the state, all have not done much in college. Sam did have a stint with the eagles, but you don't see any of them out there really excelling at the next level. His frame is undoubtedly very promising. Good strength and is smart. But i dont see the top shelf athleticism you expect out of someone being offered by Alabama.

Second off, i read someone saying that we shouldnt attack this kid, and I agree. I am just sharing my opinions on him as a prospect. If he is willing to put his name out there, and be on the news things he should be able to take criticism and opinions . So i agree we have a line that we do not cross here. Biut I feel my opinions, at the very least, hold some type of truth.

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

First off, congratulations to B-man for choosing and being able to attend and play college ball, whether D-1, D-2, D-3, NAIA it is a huge accomplishment. B-man has one of the best builts, strong work ethics, and drive that I have ever witnessed. With that being said, in football, it still takes more than that to make you good.You need that aggressive attitude to go along with the other attributes. I have not seen it in B-man. He uses intimidation to neutralize his opponents, but when that doesn't work, he gets out of his game. Tulimaseali'I & Pagano we not only gifted athletes, but nasty. Tulimaseali'I got doubled and tripled teamed and still made plays.Fehoko gave up many times and slacked on pursuits. I am not sure how he can take that next step in agressiveness, but we will see at Texas Tech.Hope he does well and he still is a product of the 808, my advice . . . GET NASTIER,

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Hawaii78 wrote:First off, congratulations to B-man for choosing and being able to attend and play college ball, whether D-1, D-2, D-3, NAIA it is a huge accomplishment. B-man has one of the best builts, strong work ethics, and drive that I have ever witnessed. With that being said, in football, it still takes more than that to make you good.You need that aggressive attitude to go along with the other attributes. I have not seen it in B-man. He uses intimidation to neutralize his opponents, but when that doesn't work, he gets out of his game. Tulimaseali'I & Pagano we not only gifted athletes, but nasty. Tulimaseali'I got doubled and tripled teamed and still made plays.Fehoko gave up many times and slacked on pursuits. I am not sure how he can take that next step in agressiveness, but we will see at Texas Tech.Hope he does well and he still is a product of the 808, my advice . . . GET NASTIER,
This is a good piece that offers constructive criticism and still gives credit where credit is due. Some of the other criticism posts are just plain disrespectful. Thanks Hawaii78 for showing class while still sharing your opinion! Others should learn to do the same!

Keep in mind these are just kids. Even though they are not mine, I naturally feel like we should protect them from stupidity, especially when they are doing much better than their peers. I agree they should also get a healthy dose of reality, but preferrably from someone who will also provide direction, not just chastisement.

And for those who say, "he puts himself out there, he should be willing to take my criticism", lets go with the same logic and say "if you are willing to offer criticism on football related things, you should be willing to go one on one against him and take the beating that you are gonna recieve from him"

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

I would like to retract my earlier comments. I am sorry if any of my comments hit a sore spot in any of the readers especially the young man in this topic. For some of you guys that don't know what it is like to be a college football recruit. Your recruiting visit is going to be the best time of your life the coaches will go out of their way for you essentially kissing your but the whole time. That only last until the first day of practice, then it's ovah. First the returning players start razzing on you then the coach will start calling you all kinds of names. Son this is not high school any more, yo mama not here to baby sit you anymore BOY. Then the profanity and the worst is when that 140lb GA starts telling you what to do. Your going to want to kill somebody, but you can't. A young recruit has to grow up fast really fast. That's why so many of the local boys come home in the first few months. Our local recruits need to understand that this is big time college football and the guys on the team or trying to be on that team were the best players from what ever state they come from. They are not going to sit back and let some PINEAPPLE come in and take there job. Yes it's a job that pays your tuition and makes billions of $$$$ for that college. My message to all the young recruit out of Hawaii is, GROW UP, GET YOUR HEAD ON STAIGHT AND FOUCUS ON YOUR GOALS. OH AND DONT COME HOME UNTIL YOU GET YOUR DEGREE.
Last edited by EASTHONFAN on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

EASTHONFAN wrote:I would like to retract my earlier comments. I am sorry if any of my comments hit a sore spot in any of the readers especially the young man in this topic. For some of you guys that don't know what it is like to be a college football recruit. Your recruiting visit is going to be the best time of your life they coaches will go out of their way for you essentially kissing your but the whole time. That only last until the first day of practice, then it's ovah. First the returning players start razzing on you then the coach will start calling you all kinds of names. Son this is not high school any more, yo mama not here to baby sit you anymore BOY. Then the profanity and the worst is when that 140lb GA starts telling you what to do. Your going to want to kill somebody, but you can't. A young recruit has to grow up fast really fast. That's why so many of the local boys come home in the first few months. Our local recruits need to understand that this is big time college football and the guys on the team or trying to be on that team were the best players from what ever state they come from. They are not going to sit back and let some PINEAPPLE come in and take there job. Yes it's a job that pays your tuition and makes billions of $$$$ for that college. My message to all the young recruit out of Hawaii is, GROW UP, GET YOUR HEAD ON STAIGHT AND FOUCUS ON YOUR GOALS. OH AND DONT COME HOME UNTIL YOU GET YOUR DEGREE.
Well said. For those who don't agree, this is pretty accurate. It's all relative, but pretty accurate.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

MauiGuy wrote:
EASTHONFAN wrote:I would like to retract my earlier comments. I am sorry if any of my comments hit a sore spot in any of the readers especially the young man in this topic. For some of you guys that don't know what it is like to be a college football recruit. Your recruiting visit is going to be the best time of your life they coaches will go out of their way for you essentially kissing your but the whole time. That only last until the first day of practice, then it's ovah. First the returning players start razzing on you then the coach will start calling you all kinds of names. Son this is not high school any more, yo mama not here to baby sit you anymore BOY. Then the profanity and the worst is when that 140lb GA starts telling you what to do. Your going to want to kill somebody, but you can't. A young recruit has to grow up fast really fast. That's why so many of the local boys come home in the first few months. Our local recruits need to understand that this is big time college football and the guys on the team or trying to be on that team were the best players from what ever state they come from. They are not going to sit back and let some PINEAPPLE come in and take there job. Yes it's a job that pays your tuition and makes billions of $$$$ for that college. My message to all the young recruit out of Hawaii is, GROW UP, GET YOUR HEAD ON STAIGHT AND FOUCUS ON YOUR GOALS. OH AND DONT COME HOME UNTIL YOU GET YOUR DEGREE.
Well said. For those who don't agree, this is pretty accurate. It's all relative, but pretty accurate.
Agreed! A nice dose of reality! For Fehoko, I think it wouldnt phase him. He has obviously been well prepared for the next level. More kids should also be preparing relentlessly like the Fehokos have. Imagine how proud one must feel, to have all 4 of your boys get D1 schollies to play football, and 4 college degrees! I tell you what, it doesnt matter what people say about the Fehokos, they know what they are doing, and I would most definitely want the same thing for my kids!

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

I agree. Great job Mom and Dad Fehoku.

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

Congratulations to Braiden and the Fehoko ohana. Although a commitment is not official until signing day, other offers are still on the table. Alabama and Ol-Miss? possible but not official. I would think the strong influence and some what of a traditional line started with Braiden's older brothers, Sam who departed the program during the beginning of his senior season with conflict to a starting role and VJ who recently transferred from Utah trying to make the team and still not officially on the roster.

Now out of the four Brothers, Braiden the youngest is much more taller, bigger and basically fits the profile of a defensive lineman. He may not have much speed, technique or the abilities to compete just yet at a higher level, but hopefully in time as he continuously progresses through a college program, he can reach his ultimate goal. With school, 4.0 is really good, depending on what subjects and classes are being taken. Any kid in High school can master a 4.0 if they take the minimum requirements. If your looking to up your resume and transcript, than your taken college prep classes.

Both, his Mother and Father work very hard with the preparations process with all four of there boys. Truth be told, nothings wrong with that. Every parent should take notes and understand the process and initiation on how to get there child exposed in order for scholarship offers to come calling.

Again both parents have done what they needed to do in order for there boys to have a full ride into a D1 college. Really nothing no one can do other than to accept, congratulate, degrade, or hate it, maybe due to jealousy. I'm one of those jealous people, I better start taking notes "Honey! Pass me da peppah an pensoo! Junnah Boy! Hurry up an put on yo slippaz! Running hills an pulling kawilaz today!" lol
Last edited by FASBOY'90 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

The only one that matters at the end of the day is Breiden himself. Mom and Pops did a great job at opening opportunities and life is about creating opportunities for oneself and what you do with those opportunities. What one does with those opportunities and the road one chooses is their choice and they pick the road that is the best fit for them. And there are lots of factors that one considers but it's their choice and they do what's best for them.

In Breiden's case their family has a lot of insights and familiararity with the coaches and staff, the TTech football team and other players, the community and much more. If he is comfortable with that and he feels that that is the environment that he will be the most successful in then he made the right choice.

How he performed at the high school level has some relevance but it is irrelevant at the next level. An individuals performance at the HS level sometimes is dictated by the team that surrounds you. You do what the coaches ask you to do and sometimes that responsibility includes playing responsible football which leads to others getting the stars and accolades.

At the next level they are looking at physical attributes, attitude, work ethic, intelligence, academics, teamwork and more.........every coach and every team puts more emphasis on different attributes. For some it is strictly business.

So TTech is a program that the Fehokos and Breiden is very familiar with..........if it is a good fit for Breiden to follow his dreams then good for him. Dreams come true when you take advantage of the opportunities that you've created for yourself.

kaypryd

Post by kaypryd »

Congrats to the Fehokos! Great hard working family for their kids! More people should do as they do instead of knocking them for their efforts!

football_fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by football_fan »

DA SCOUT wrote:
dirtylickens wrote:i cant believe i just read someone say that Tulimasealii is not as good as Fehoko. that is the most bogus thing ive ever read. Yes his grades are bad, and yes fehoko has a 4.0 at Farrington. They are both exceptional players, but I have seen Tulimasealii literally toy with lineman in the OIA West. If you watch Fehokos highlight tape, you'll see him bull rushing a student that is half his size and forced to play tackle for Castle. Now this tape will help him get recruited, but I believe that Tulimasealii, if given the opportunity to go elsewhere (Not able because of academics) he would be head and shoulders above Fehoko. Tulimaseali'i was never the second best lineman on his team, and I would go out on a limb to say that was the case beginning in his sophomore year. Fehoko on the other hand, has still not been dubbed the best dlineman on his own team. Not with Motu Heimuli being the player that he is.

Give Fehoko for credit for getting his name out there, and keeping his head in the books. Give him credit for his work in the weight room, and for his high work ethic. But dont say that he is better than a player who was an all state 1st team selection for 3 years in a row. How Fehoko made it this year is Completely outrageous.

I am happy for him, he deserves to decide on any school he feels comofortable. With his brother Same being an alum, and VJ transferring over after graduating from Utah, we see why comfort would be the case. Fehoko is a D1 talent, but not as talented as many make him out to be. I wish him the best of luck, and hope he proves me wrong. As of right now, I dont see him being much more than a rotational player. needs to work on his speed. he has the strength
never said he was better just a higher ceiling, meaning more potential! anyone who knows kennedy knows his work ethic is terrible though gifted in some ways ,his speed and athleticism for example but everything else is work in porgress . using his academics as a excuse is a sad story because UH is not a easy school to get into he had one offer that was UH he had a lot of interest from schools because of the hype but on film he is not that impressive

"Da Scout" must've been watching someone else's game footage. Tui only got recruited because of his game tape. What hurt him was his academics and real size. By far the best game tape from a defensive linemen in the last 8 years, and I have coaches and scouted in the high school ranks for years!!
Better game tape than Fehoko, but the Fehoko game tape shows more college prospect attributes that forecasts him as a potential productive interior dlineman!

Fehoko family has trained their son (s) for optimal success at the next level...

football_fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by football_fan »

DA SCOUT wrote:

"Da Scout" must've been watching someone else's game footage. Tui only got recruited because of his game tape. What hurt him was his academics and real size. By far the best game tape from a defensive linemen in the last 8 years, and I have coaches and scouted in the high school ranks for years!!
Better game tape than Fehoko, but the Fehoko game tape shows more college prospect attributes that forecasts him as a potential productive interior dlineman!

Fehoko family has trained their son (s) for optimal success at the next level...

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

EASTHONFAN wrote:I would like to retract my earlier comments. I am sorry if any of my comments hit a sore spot in any of the readers especially the young man in this topic. For some of you guys that don't know what it is like to be a college football recruit. Your recruiting visit is going to be the best time of your life the coaches will go out of their way for you essentially kissing your but the whole time. That only last until the first day of practice, then it's ovah. First the returning players start razzing on you then the coach will start calling you all kinds of names. Son this is not high school any more, yo mama not here to baby sit you anymore BOY. Then the profanity and the worst is when that 140lb GA starts telling you what to do. Your going to want to kill somebody, but you can't. A young recruit has to grow up fast really fast. That's why so many of the local boys come home in the first few months. Our local recruits need to understand that this is big time college football and the guys on the team or trying to be on that team were the best players from what ever state they come from. They are not going to sit back and let some PINEAPPLE come in and take there job. Yes it's a job that pays your tuition and makes billions of $$$$ for that college. My message to all the young recruit out of Hawaii is, GROW UP, GET YOUR HEAD ON STAIGHT AND FOUCUS ON YOUR GOALS. OH AND DONT COME HOME UNTIL YOU GET YOUR DEGREE.

amen