Top 5 QB's in the State in 2014

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
football_fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Top 5 QB's in the State in 2014

Post by football_fan »

EITSwarrior wrote:
football_fan wrote:St.Louis will without a doubt provide a miss-opportunity for one of their dynamic qbs.
With today's football climate of parity, these potential "elite backups" should bail the
St.Louis ship and play on a "on the cusp" contender on a public school that can showcase their
talents. I can't imagine Kuhns or Tagovailoa, or even whoever their 3rd string guy losing the starting job, and wasting a year on the bench.
Bad parenting, misguided advice. Either one of them could go to a Campbell/Leilehua/Waipahu/Moanalua and
have a 1st team all state year. This would go for any backup at any school who has the capabilities to
run a pass oriented offense and have success in it with their skill set...We don't want to admit it, but that's the
dynamics of high school football in 2014.

Kuhns running the run and shoot at Campbell, or Tagovailoa running the passing attack at Leilehua...Opportunity rather than playing second fiddle to the starter
to probably a St.Louis team who has to battle with two good Kamehemeha and Punahou teams with one spot in the D-I tourney...
Just my opinion...
Tell that to Mariota. See how well it worked out for him. Or ask Faleafene (sp?) how transferring to Millilani went.

All good points, Mariota waited patiently and had a breakout year his senior year.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Spring training is underway on the Big Island and it appears Konawaena's new QB's and the team in general appears to be twice as good as last year at this point and will only get better as the season draws near. They'll probably run the table in the BIIF again without any real competition from both DII and DI teams. They reloaded and added size with a few transfers from Kealakehe as well.

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

Konawaena transfers? Wasn't their coach the one making a big seen last year about transfers

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

EASTHONFAN wrote:Konawaena transfers? Wasn't their coach the one making a big seen last year about transfers
Konawaena and Kealakehe every year have kids transfer to and from both schools. Not sure how that continues without it being looked into but it happens. Konawaena forfeited a few games two years ago after an ineligible player was used but they won the championship on the legs of Kamuku who by the way played for Kealakehe the year before that. Kealakehe's current QB was Konawaena's JV QB two years ago........so........ I guess its allowed in Kona and unless looked into, will continue. My earlier post wasn't intended on focusing on the transfers but rather Konawaena's solid team in spring and their QB's that appear to be better than last year according to those close to the team. One parent described the teams offense as unstoppable and dynamic. Can't wait to see them play!!

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

football_fan wrote: With today's football climate of parity, these potential "elite backups" should bail the
St.Louis ship and play on a "on the cusp" contender on a public school that can showcase their
talents. Either one of them could go to a Campbell/Leilehua/Waipahu/Moanalua and
have a 1st team all state year.
Really? First and foremost, aren't you in high school to receive the best possible education?
football_fan wrote: This would go for any backup at any school who has the capabilities to
run a pass oriented offense and have success in it with their skill set...We don't want to admit it, but that's the
Let me see if I'm reading you correctly? What you're saying is that if you are a backup quarterback at Punahou or Iolani (two of the greatest high school ACADEMIC institutions in the nation), you should leave to get more playing time at Campbell/Leilehua/Waipahu/Moanalua? Wow!

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

SM96753 wrote:
football_fan wrote: With today's football climate of parity, these potential "elite backups" should bail the
talents. Either one of them could go to a Campbell/Leilehua/Waipahu/Moanalua and
have a 1st team all state year.
Really? First and foremost, aren't you in high school to receive the best possible education?
football_fan wrote: This would go for any backup at any school who has the capabilities to
Let me see if I'm reading you correctly? What you're saying is that if you are a backup quarterback at Punahou or Iolani (two of the greatest high school ACADEMIC institutions in the nation), you should leave to get more playing time at Campbell/Leilehua/Waipahu/Moanalua? Wow!
Let's take it easy with calling Punahou and Iolani a couple of the GREATEST academic institutions in the nation. They aren't Exeter and Dalton.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

saynotomercs wrote:
SM96753 wrote: Let me see if I'm reading you correctly? What you're saying is that if you are a backup quarterback at Punahou or Iolani (two of the greatest high school ACADEMIC institutions in the nation), you should leave to get more playing time at Campbell/Leilehua/Waipahu/Moanalua? Wow!
Let's take it easy with calling Punahou and Iolani a couple of the GREATEST academic institutions in the nation. They aren't Exeter and Dalton.
Why? When it comes to academics, Punahou and Iolani are two of the most highly respected high schools in the country. My aunt was a retired admissions officer at Stanford.

Sure , there are many prep schools across this great nation but Punahou and Iolani are extremely well respected. Just take a look at there alumni.

And for the record, I did NOT attend Punahou nor Iolani. I have no relationship with them...do you? From a rival high school perhaps?