2014 Judo Season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
lowkey
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2014 Judo Season

Post by lowkey »

I just went to the HHSAA website and there is no start or end time....... What time does this thing start?

lowkey
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by lowkey »

What's wrong with the brackets?
Any predictions?

Cyber Ninja808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Cyber Ninja808 »

Lowkey: why dont you give us your predictions? Teams and individuals?
Also start time is 10:30am and there is no set finish time.

judokid69
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by judokid69 »

My predictions for this years HHSAA 2014 Judo brackets.
Girls Weight Classes:
98: MAIA PHANTHADARA
103: TANYA LOPES
109: CHASTYNE DOLOR
115: KRISTEN KOJIMA
122: SIENNA HO
129: (Only because the defending State Champ,Teshya Alo didn't make grades) NETANYA KANG
139: (Only because the defending State Champ, Pharin Hicks is out.) KARI OKUBO
154: JACLYN FONTINILLA
172: TAYLOR ALLEN
220: SABRINA HOLLINS

judokid69
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by judokid69 »

Boys Weight Classes:
108: DIAMOND INOUYE
114: MICAH PLATT
121: COLE KIDO
132: JOSHUA TERAO
145: COLE CHANDLER
161: KEKUA MORUMOTO
178: JONAH HOSHINO
198: KAUA HOSHINO
220: DAYTON FURUTA
285: RYAN SOUZA

Bula'ia Hawaiian
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bula'ia Hawaiian »

Bula'ia Hawaiian predicts the following results for the boys at the HHSAA State Judo Championships.........stay tuned for girls predictions .
108 Pagurayan Kato Watase Inouye Farin Onishi
114 Ng Platt Pagurayan Kogachi Yoshimura Reyes
121Kido Enoka Ebesu Brett Goya Basto
132TERAO!!! Nakama Tabiolo Felecilda Urabe Towata Moore
145Chandler Khongnawang Salangdron Horiuchi Murayama Inouye
161Marumoto Salera Williams Joe Ikehara Ikei
178Hoshino Joe Kiehms Magnani LLoyd Nakamura
198 Hoshino Palimoo Yasumura Rodrigues Chan Hughes
220Furuta Fuamatu Yamashiro Tala Miner Oandasan
285Lawhn Alapai Souza Lam Sam Morton Pavao
Team Championship Results: Kapolei
Moanalua
Iolani
Punahou
Pearl City

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

There's an article and pictures of Terao in today's Staradvertiser. It's kind of surprising. The pictures especially. I thought he was blonde.

ippon sode made
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ippon sode made »

My predictions for girls finals based off current brackets. State champion first vs winner from semi's. Some names I don't know so may have only 1 name vs predicted champion.

98 Enoka vs Agena

103 Lawhn vs Takai/Rivera

109 Dolor vs Castro/Meyer

115 Kojima vs Shinsato/Abe

122 Ho vs Ichimura

129 Kang vs ??

139 Okubo vs Takahashi

154 Fontinilla vs Ramos

172 Allen vs Eletagonde

220 ??

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Can anyone post bracket updates, interesting results, etc. ?

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

That AD and the other tournament officials who ran the State Judo Tournament have to be the laziest, uncommitted, and uncaring group in the State world of sports. Running the STATE FINALS on six mats? Guaranteeing that for virtually all spectators, they missed all or parts of 5, and possibly six FINALS and possibly CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES at a time? 5 minutes break between the semifinals and the finals? What happened? The Samurai forgot to shop for Mother's Day ahead of time? C'mon, ronin, the kids deserved their moments under the lights and the focused attention of the crowd.

ypahupride
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ypahupride »

twnoexcuses wrote:That AD and the other tournament officials who ran the State Judo Tournament have to be the laziest, uncommitted, and uncaring group in the State world of sports. Running the STATE FINALS on six mats? Guaranteeing that for virtually all spectators, they missed all or parts of 5, and possibly six FINALS and possibly CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES at a time? 5 minutes break between the semifinals and the finals? What happened? The Samurai forgot to shop for Mother's Day ahead of time? C'mon, ronin, the kids deserved their moments under the lights and the focused attention of the crowd.
I agree with twnoexcuses. We attend many judo matches to support our nephews. I must say that this certain event was run very poorly. It seemed that the organizers just went through the motions. It felt cold with no special recognition for the athletes. It had that feeling of uncaring towards judo, like they wanted to rush everyone out of the building. It was sad.

There were boys and girls championship matches going at the same time that made it diificult to watch simultaneously. For the sake of the students please make improvements next year. The students deserve it.

Ramashack
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Ramashack »

twnoexcuses wrote:That AD and the other tournament officials who ran the State Judo Tournament have to be the laziest, uncommitted, and uncaring group in the State world of sports. Running the STATE FINALS on six mats? Guaranteeing that for virtually all spectators, they missed all or parts of 5, and possibly six FINALS and possibly CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES at a time? 5 minutes break between the semifinals and the finals? What happened? The Samurai forgot to shop for Mother's Day ahead of time? C'mon, ronin, the kids deserved their moments under the lights and the focused attention of the crowd.
Yes....I have to agree....all the league championships finals are fought in a center mat, alternating boys & girls......should have done that for the States too....seemed like things had moved quickly throughout the day, don't think they were pressed for time.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Here are the Girls' results:

http://scoringlive.com/story.php?storyid=11761

When I glanced at the results, it seemed like there were an inordinate number of hansoku make and ippon results on the Boys' side, and ippon and shido on the Girls side. I didn't actually count, but those just jumped out at me.

Why so many hansoku make? Those were exceedingly rare in my day. Was the shido for stalling/inactivity? With respect to the ippon, were the competitors that far apart in experience/ability? Or lucky - LOL!