More bad news regarding Kaiser Football: Rich Miano Out 4/2

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
DonkeyPunch22
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: More bad news regarding Kaiser Football

Post by DonkeyPunch22 »

"If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway." - Dr. Kent M. Keith

http://www.paradoxicalcommandments.com/

dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by dirtylickens »

I would not consider myself a member of the "I hate Rich Miano" Club but i dont really like his attitude. Im sure hes doing great things for these kids which is why they're all flocking to Hawaii Kai. But what happened with Ikei? I do believe that he was a big sell as far as preparing the guys, but ive been reading hes out of Kaiser now? Curious if anyone knows any details or reasons for his departure? I still hear Miano marketing his speed and quickness with Ikei as the high school coach, and Leonard Peters as the kids coach. Just curious.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

dirtylickens wrote:I would not consider myself a member of the "I hate Rich Miano" Club but i dont really like his attitude. Im sure hes doing great things for these kids which is why they're all flocking to Hawaii Kai. But what happened with Ikei? I do believe that he was a big sell as far as preparing the guys, but ive been reading hes out of Kaiser now? Curious if anyone knows any details or reasons for his departure? I still hear Miano marketing his speed and quickness with Ikei as the high school coach, and Leonard Peters as the kids coach. Just curious.
Someone reported a few weights were missing from the weight room. The police placed crime scene tape around the room to investigate which is pretty normal. After the investigation the principle refused to reopen the training room for two and a half months something they don't even do for murder scenes. With too much red tape to deal with Chad left. Rumors that he was fired are untrue.

iriehugh
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by iriehugh »

Old Diver wrote:
dirtylickens wrote:I would not consider myself a member of the "I hate Rich Miano" Club but i dont really like his attitude. Im sure hes doing great things for these kids which is why they're all flocking to Hawaii Kai. But what happened with Ikei? I do believe that he was a big sell as far as preparing the guys, but ive been reading hes out of Kaiser now? Curious if anyone knows any details or reasons for his departure? I still hear Miano marketing his speed and quickness with Ikei as the high school coach, and Leonard Peters as the kids coach. Just curious.
Someone reported a few weights were missing from the weight room. The police placed crime scene tape around the room to investigate which is pretty normal. After the investigation the principle refused to reopen the training room for two and a half months something they don't even do for murder scenes. With too much red tape to deal with Chad left. Rumors that he was fired are untrue.

He left before he could get fired.Too many questions with the professionals working out during school hours on a school campus.

backyard ballaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backyard ballaz »

Old Diver wrote:

I can understand that closing the training room for that long would obviously affect Chad's business being that he depended on that facility for day to day operations. I can't fathom a few missing weights would result in an investigation that extensive - that's crazy. So in a nut shell, Chad left cause he didn't want to deal with the bullshit that Kaiser was trying to pull on him? Obviously, he couldn't risk the school continually closing the room. But, what do you mean by "too much red tape?"

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

iriehugh wrote:
Old Diver wrote:

He left before he could get fired.Too many questions with the professionals working out during school hours on a school campus.
Chad was paying rent to use legally use the facilities. You point has already been debunked in the past.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

backyard ballaz wrote:
Old Diver wrote:

I can understand that closing the training room for that long would obviously affect Chad's business being that he depended on that facility for day to day operations. I can't fathom a few missing weights would result in an investigation that extensive - that's crazy. So in a nut shell, Chad left cause he didn't want to deal with the bullshit that Kaiser was trying to pull on him? Obviously, he couldn't risk the school continually closing the room. But, what do you mean by "too much red tape?"
Sorry I wasn't clear. The red tape to reopen the facility. Don't know the whole story but it appears in an effort to improve things at Kaiser Sosa may not have crossed all to the t's and dotted the i's. This was apparently was true for the academics and sports programs. What Kaiser has now is an interim principle who afraid to be proactive in anyway for fear of being ousted like Sosa so the safe thing to do was close the facility for a couple months for no good reason. Imagine if a student stole a couple books from the library, would the principle close the library for two months?

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

I think the question was asked, so the principal responded accordingly. An huge event such as a carnival would spread the money raised across the entire school. I think that's why the principal stated kaiser was not involved with the event. Miano can claim that it's a fundraiser for the cougar football program but he cannot print or state it's for the Kaiser football program. I once asked that question with fundraising for athletic programs and that's the answers I got from the board.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

FASBOY'90 wrote:I think the question was asked, so the principal responded accordingly. An huge event such as a carnival would spread the money raised across the entire school. I think that's why the principal stated kaiser was not involved with the event. Miano can claim that it's a fundraiser for the cougar football program but he cannot print or state it's for the Kaiser football program. I once asked that question with fundraising for athletic programs and that's the answers I got from the board.
That must be a school wide policy for Kaiser, which is understandable. But as far as program specific fundraisers, they ARE able to hold fundraisers just for their program. Ive purchased car wash tickets, plate lunch tickets, and even luau tickets from my nephews at Kailua Football.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

eonatoa wrote:
That must be a school wide policy for Kaiser, which is understandable. But as far as program specific fundraisers, they ARE able to hold fundraisers just for their program. Ive purchased car wash tickets, plate lunch tickets, and even luau tickets from my nephews at Kailua Football.
Im glad there are still fundraisers that trade goods and services for money, im getting sick of some of those lazy sports teams standing at intersections with fish nets begging for money.
-------------------

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

eonatoa wrote:
FASBOY'90 wrote:I think the question was asked, so the principal responded accordingly. An huge event such as a carnival would spread the money raised across the entire school. I think that's why the principal stated kaiser was not involved with the event. Miano can claim that it's a fundraiser for the cougar football program but he cannot print or state it's for the Kaiser football program. I once asked that question with fundraising for athletic programs and that's the answers I got from the board.
Your right, though car washes, selling cookies, brownies, tickets for laulau, huli huli chicken, a beer buss or some small confined controlled event are usually approved by the school AD or the Principal due to less money involved with the purpose of the fundraiser. An even such as a Carnival is a different story. Bigger venue, huge liability, usually generates a large revenue and increases profitability. It can also lead to disastrous consequences with profits being unaccounted for. That's something the schools wouldn't approve for just the football program. It has to be for the entire school from my understanding. I personally don't see anything wrong with it due to the fact that majority of OIA schools did it in the past. But that was the past and many things have changed. More liabilities, more cost, more lawsuits, and more eyes in the sky. Back than it was a simple hand shake and Aloha, the hale an kawilas could be left unlocked an no body would baddah. Today it's every human being for them selves and who has the kala to back up actions. No can laddat! Lose money! lol.

BigWave96744

Re: More bad news regarding Kaiser Football: Rich Miano Out

Post by BigWave96744 »

Per Hawaii News Now, 10pm news, Rich Miano is no longer the Kaiser High football coach :o

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Yea that's sad. We kinda saw this coming though with all the complaints on here regarding the recruiting, poor sportsmanship (running up scores), the fundraising stuff, etc. Maybe next year he can apply for the head coach of hawaii when chow gets fired.

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

I think he crossed some boundary lines with that carnival event without clarification or approval. Anyway, anyhow to make the doe. Sad that it had to come to this.

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

Rich has been giving this much thought after Chad left. With no support from the administration he was fighting an uphill battle. The posted reasons for his leaving are nothing but bunk.