Basketball State Tourney

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
agent g
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Basketball State Tourney

Post by agent g »

I know its a bout a week late... But I think they should make a giant basketball state tourney, drop the diction two and create a 24 team tourney. I know its crazy talk and there are a lot of logistic issues, but think about how fun it could be?

I was talking to a coworker who refs and he said that t wouldn't work because of the disparity between teams. I feel that it could creat massive upsets like the NCAA tourney. I know it will never happen but it sounds fun.

alleyezonme
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Basketball State Tourney

Post by alleyezonme »

It actually does sound fun...just like the NCAA tournament. Watching Cinderella teams, 2 vs 15 upsets, etc. Problem is, because of the disparity between teams, underdogs would resort to stalling...and this entire forum would be in an uproar cause stalling is almost illegal in some peoples minds.

Eight-0-Eight
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Basketball State Tourney

Post by Eight-0-Eight »

I love the idea, with the possibility for a Hoosiers type story to emerge. 4 six-team regionals culminating in a final four over 2 weeks. Keep division I and II, but give 1 berth to each division II league. 1 KIF, 1 BIIF, 1 OIA, 1 MIL, 1 ILH for 5 berths. 19 left for DI, stick with the same formula as now, 6 OIA, 2 ILH, 2 MIL, 2 BIIF for 12 berths. 7 left for at-large spots, form a selection commitee and let the fun ensue.