Its official cal Lee is back

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Its official cal Lee is back

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

newguy wrote:congratulations st louis, you get what you wanted. cal lee is back. you stink worse than ever. your school is still in debt. your academics are still a joke. and your enrollment is still in decline. within in 10 years, with more choices like this one, this school might not even exist.
1. Keep in mind that Punahou is very strong--#1--while St Louis has a weak D.
2. Lee isn't a magician; he's stuck with the players he has. Obviously, the players ARE really that bad, BUT: Who's the DC? He's not making adequate adjustments. Heard he played single coverage against Mililani, too. It's not just how good the RECEIVERS are; it's how good the QB is. Mililani's receivers aren't as good as Noa, but MILTON made them look good.
3. I don't see how you can say St Louis' academics are a "joke." They can be no worse than the best public schools. That's not intended as a knock against the public schools; the public schools are dragged-down by having to accept bad kids, and kids who don't know English.
4, I don't see St Louis closing. Think the alumni will stand for that?[/quote]

Well how bad are his players? He has a bunch of athletes on offense they are 4-6 deep at the Slot and Wide positions alone why wouldn't he move the kids that wont start to DB or Safety. The Nunuha boys comes to mind so does the Johnson kid. Both come off the bench Johnson has the size to play LB and Nunuma can easily play DB better than Augafa and Timbreza.

As a coach wouldnt you play the best players you have to at the very least have your best 22 football players playing in every game. That is a coaching decision.

Also since Kaumeyer left Cal is calling the Defense. He might not be a magician but his legendary football mojo and football decision making has "disappeared" that's for sure.

70+ year old man plus 16-18 yr old football players equals the worst defense in the state all divisions included. Here are the averages.60 pts per game allowed, 650 yds per game allowed 366 pass 284 run (Scoringlive stats.)

and the whole time staying in man coverage with the "bad' athletes he has that is poor coaching..period..[/quote]
You know, I was WONDERING whether Lee was acting as DC; I know he's a defense guy. I'll tell you what, you've made some very disturbing observations. COULD IT BE that Lee really IS losing it? Now I'm not so sure he isn't. Again, you've made some very good points. If this goes on, Lee might have a very short coaching tenure at St Louis. It's hard to believe that such a legendary coach could have devolved so dramatically.[/quote]

I want to be clear I hope I am eating crow at the end of this season I really do, I am a St Louis fan but I see this team and I think why are they so bad? Why are they getting worse instead of better week to week? Is it the kids? The parents? The school AD or Admin? Every excuse has been already been used and no one wants to say it but this time it just might be the coach.. I hope I am wrong..[/quote]
I think we need to cut St Louis a little more slack. Yes, they're 0-3, but LOOK at the schools they played: Mililani, ranked #2 in the state. St John Boscoe, ranked #3 in the NATION? Punahou, ranked #1 in the state. OF COURSE St Louis' stats will look bad, against THOSE kind of teams.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@chasingchampionships: Haven't you answered your own question? It was the ALUMNI that provided that bailout!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

chasingchampionships wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
bow89 wrote:congratulations st louis, you get what you wanted. cal lee is back. you stink worse than ever. your school is still in debt. your academics are still a joke. and your enrollment is still in decline. within in 10 years, with more choices like this one, this school might not even exist (quote)

Unless you actually went to the school recently, you shouldn't say anything about the academics. I would put saynotomercs and his classmates up against anyone from the remaining ILH schools (minus perhaps Iolani and Punahou). Compare Saint Louis' curriculum with the other ILH schools. They have far more AP offerings than any of the non big three schools (Kamehameha included as part of the big three), and their AP pass rate is higher also. Sayno will tell you that his AP classes beat the national average by over thirty percent. Just because you know some knuckleheads that graduated from Saint Louis, doesn't mean that the academics are not sound. It is far superior today than before. That's why there are more academic casualties than previous years.
That's right. There are knuckleheads even at Iolani and Punahou; some "get through" the screening. Some students at Iolani and Punahou are barely getting by. I see nothing alarming about academic standards at St Louis.
how many st louis grad's go straight in to 4 year universities?
I don't know the answer to THAT question, but compare it to OTHER private schools' grads. Also, consider the differences in TUITION. IF we were to assume that, say, Punahou and Iolani have better stats, how do THEIR tuitions compare to St Louis'?

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Given that St. Louis is 0-3, and there have been some struggles on offense and defense, what changes can we expect to see for this weekend's game? Losing as they have done can't result in doing things the same way. So what changes will they look to make in order to get ready for their game against Kamehameha in 3 weeks.

bow89
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bow89 »

Chasingchampionships you obviously are not knowledgeable about Saint Louis School's mission or about whether a quality education is measured by the amount of students who attend 4 year institutions or the impact that a school makes in an individual's life.

Saint Louis has always accepted students with a wide range of academic skills. This is keeping with its Catholic Marianist tradition. This has nothing to do with athletics. The school has always taken some young men with below average skills and allowed them to grow into individuals who are able to lead productive lives, i.e. fireman, policemen. Are you saying that this does not equate to success? The fact that Iolani can boast a high rate of students who are accepted into 4 year universities is really insignificant. Do you honestly believe that most of the students who attend Iolani would not get into a 4 year college if they attended another school? If you look at a Saint Louis athlete who receives financial assistance, his academic profile is very similar to about a 1/4 of the student population. Can the same be said at Iolani and Punahou?

chasingchampionships
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by chasingchampionships »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:@chasingchampionships: Haven't you answered your own question? It was the ALUMNI that provided that bailout!
How dumb are you? They mortgaged their alumni house to get the money. If they were affluent this would all be cash donations.

Link

LET'S GO BOWS!

chasingchampionships
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

bow89 wrote:Chasingchampionships you obviously are not knowledgeable about Saint Louis School's mission or about whether a quality education is measured by the amount of students who attend 4 year institutions or the impact that a school makes in an individual's life.

Saint Louis has always accepted students with a wide range of academic skills. This is keeping with its Catholic Marianist tradition. This has nothing to do with athletics. The school has always taken some young men with below average skills and allowed them to grow into individuals who are able to lead productive lives, i.e. fireman, policemen. Are you saying that this does not equate to success? The fact that Iolani can boast a high rate of students who are accepted into 4 year universities is really insignificant. Do you honestly believe that most of the students who attend Iolani would not get into a 4 year college if they attended another school? If you look at a Saint Louis athlete who receives financial assistance, his academic profile is very similar to about a 1/4 of the student population. Can the same be said at Iolani and Punahou?
I understand what their mission is. That's my point. It isn't sustainable in today's hyper competitive private school market. If you aren't the best academically or have the best facilities you fall behind. Their market is dwindling. The people are speaking. Their enrollment is down. It's because that market is beginning to choose public school over St. Louis bc they don't see the value. The only way you get ahead in today's private school market is to be an elite institution. Things are changing brah

Link

LET'S GO BOWS!

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

bow89 wrote:Chasingchampionships you obviously are not knowledgeable about Saint Louis School's mission or about whether a quality education is measured by the amount of students who attend 4 year institutions or the impact that a school makes in an individual's life.

I understand what their mission is. That's my point. It isn't sustainable in today's hyper competitive private school market. If you aren't the best academically or have the best facilities you fall behind. Their market is dwindling. The people are speaking. Their enrollment is down. It's because that market is beginning to choose public school over St. Louis bc they don't see the value. The only way you get ahead in today's private school market is to be an elite institution. Things are changing brah
Just to let you know, enrollment has actually gone up the last 2 years in a row. I have documented facts on this.
What do you base YOUR facts on.......he said, she said, they said...???

chasingchampionships
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

LocalCheesehead wrote:

Just to let you know, enrollment has actually gone up the last 2 years in a row. I have documented facts on this.
What do you base YOUR facts on.......he said, she said, they said...???

Where are your documented facts? Link please..

Link

LET'S GO BOWS!

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

No link....
Call 739-7777 and ask for Mr. Russell Valente. He'll gladly assist you with whatever enrollment inquiries you may have.
Set up a meeting with him ( like I did this summer) and you'll be able to see first hand what documentation I was referring to.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

HS Football Fanatic wrote:@chasingchampionships: Haven't you answered your own question? It was the ALUMNI that provided that bailout!
How dumb are you? They mortgaged their alumni house to get the money. If they were affluent this would all be cash donations.
That wasn't my point. My point was that the ALUMNI did act to support their alma mater. How dumb are YOU?

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

If that's the case, you can bet current STL students have learns more than STL graduate Infidel (who admitted he's a '79 STL grad) and some 1991 graduate that was talking trash COMBINED. I mean, finding anything intelligent they've got to say is harder than finding Bigfoot.

bow89
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bow89 »

Birdman316 wrote:

If that's the case, you can bet current STL students have learns more than STL graduate Infidel (who admitted he's a '79 STL grad) and some 1991 graduate that was talking trash COMBINED. I mean, finding anything intelligent they've got to say is harder than finding Bigfoot.
I have a hard time following what you are trying to say. I try not to be the grammar police, but you should double check your writing when you are trying to mock the intelligence of other posters.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

bow89 wrote:
Birdman316 wrote:

I have a hard time following what you are trying to say. I try not to be the grammar police, but you should double check your writing when you are trying to mock the intelligence of other posters.
Don't blame me, blame autocorrect, the worst invention EVER. I meant to say LEARNED.