Its official cal Lee is back

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Its official cal Lee is back

Post by KindergartenCop »

redandbluearmy.

After reading you post on this thread. I finally figured you out. You sound bitter and very upset with Cal for a reason.

1. You must be one of Cal's players that road the bench and never saw the field, but you thought you were the best player out there.

2. You said you you coached there for free for years. Must not have been a very good one, because STL would have more than 2 after Cal left. Why and when did you leave?

3. You said you gave back, was it $ or free time coaching? MONEY TALKS BULL.... WALKS!

4. Was your signature on the loan papers when the alumni consigned the loan to the school?

You talked so strongly against the hire of Cal Lee Did you pleaded with your brothers not to do it and told them there was another way and they decided against you. WERE YOU EVEN IN THE MEETING ?

So instead of complaining, give us ignorant poster the solution as to how to save the school? We all know the problem give us the solution.

When you respond we all will know if your an imposter or a bitter ex player...

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

KindergartenCop wrote:redandbluearmy.

After reading you post on this thread. I finally figured you out. You sound bitter and very upset with Cal for a reason.

1. You must be one of Cal's players that road the bench and never saw the field, but you thought you were the best player out there.

2. You said you you coached there for free for years. Must not have been a very good one, because STL would have more than 2 after Cal left. Why and when did you leave?

3. You said you gave back, was it $ or free time coaching? MONEY TALKS BULL.... WALKS!

4. Was your signature on the loan papers when the alumni consigned the loan to the school?

You talked so strongly against the hire of Cal Lee Did you pleaded with your brothers not to do it and told them there was another way and they decided against you. WERE YOU EVEN IN THE MEETING ?

So instead of complaining, give us ignorant poster the solution as to how to save the school? We all know the problem give us the solution.

When you respond we all will know if your an imposter or a bitter ex player...
I generally disagree with redandbluearmy on this issue and I actually think Cal could give admissions a slight bump.

But he probably agrees with me that you are the type of low-caliber graduate that perpetuates the less than favorable reputation Saint Louis has amongst the professional elite in Honolulu.

1. redandbluearmy was All-ILH Second Team in football. He never played for Cal Lee.

2. He didn't coach football

3. He is (it really, really pains me to write this) one of the most decorated athletes Saint Louis has had since the turn of the century.

4. If you understood rudimentary economics, you would know of a concept called "opportunity cost". Therefore you would understand that time IS money.

5. Please shut up.

KindergartenCop

i have given back to the school. i coached there for free for many years. i didnt ask for anything. i did it because i love the school, but i will not sit back and act like this is a smart decision. when people ask where i went i tell them. i also tell them it is the best school on the island. i tell them i will send my sons there. notice how i haven't said i think its a crap school, because i don't. i have merely said that the reputation in the community is not good and this will only make it worse. it doesn't matter what the f' i think or you think about the school, they have already won me and you over. it matters what everyone else who hasn't been won over thinks. as of right now, not enough people who can afford to pay tuition to the school think highly enough of it to send their kids there. how putting a man, who caused this negative reaction, back at the school helps solve the problem is beyond me.....

You guys are confusing me ?
Second team All ILH = most decorated ?

Again we know the problem. What's the solution ?

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

KindergartenCop wrote:i have given back to the school. i coached there for free for many years. i didnt ask for anything. i did it because i love the school, but i will not sit back and act like this is a smart decision. when people ask where i went i tell them. i also tell them it is the best school on the island. i tell them i will send my sons there. notice how i haven't said i think its a crap school, because i don't. i have merely said that the reputation in the community is not good and this will only make it worse. it doesn't matter what the f' i think or you think about the school, they have already won me and you over. it matters what everyone else who hasn't been won over thinks. as of right now, not enough people who can afford to pay tuition to the school think highly enough of it to send their kids there. how putting a man, who caused this negative reaction, back at the school helps solve the problem is beyond me.....

You guys are confusing me ?
Second team All ILH = most decorated ?

Again we know the problem. What's the solution ?
Did you even score 400 on the verbal section of the SAT? Read it again man.

I don't like this in-fighting just as much as you but why did you have to call a guy out personally based on wild assumptions? It's cool to characterize his posts or even him as a poster but to accuse him of having a vendetta is applying motivation where it cannot possibly be derived.

KindergartenCop

Your right.. Sorry about that. I do respect your post. Not liking the bantering of trying to prove who's right. He is passionate, just wanted to see where it was coming from. He did say he coached there for years...

KindergartenCop

Just scored 400 on the reading section not a football coach. Duh.....the assumption of all we say on this thread is geared towards football. My mistake...

redandbluearmy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by redandbluearmy »

KindergartenCop wrote:Your right.. Sorry about that. I do respect your post. Not liking the bantering of trying to prove who's right. He is passionate, just wanted to see where it was coming from. He did say he coached there for years...
thank you sayno.

kindergarten cop: i am sorry for going off on you. i don't want the school to fail, it really bothers me that it has gotten to this point. i obviously disagree with you on a number of issues but i shouldn't have responded to you in that way.

i did coach there. i did not coach football. i played other sports. i coached them, there are other sports there besides football. i wrote a whole piece on how i view the problem. unfortunately the computer logged me out. i am going to just get straight to the point.

the schools tuition has more than doubled since he was there. they are fighting for a smaller and smaller pool of kids. they are going up against the big boys. that segment of society has a bad opinion of the school. that opinion came because of the cal lee era. the only way they can get the confidence of the people back is by proving that the school is worth the money. this wasn't going to occur over night. it will take many more years. a whole generation of people who have gone to school in hawaii have the belief the school is all about football and nothing else. putting the man the created the scenario and and symbolizes it is not the answer. there is little benefit to the hire. he doesn't bring money to the school. he didn't before. the facilities you see out there are all made after he left. unless you can show me that there is something different this time around i highly doubt the school will benefit financially from this. he might bring a small number of guys in to pal football but they already have two hundred kids playing it. thats half the population of the school. how much more can they possibly get? how much more would stay when they don't play? there problem market isn't football its kids who don't play football. they stay way because of the bad rep. bringing him back doesn't help that rep, if anything it hurts it. the costs are way higher than the benefits. hell i am fine with them firing hamamoto. she didn't do a good job. i am fine with firing matt wright. i am not fine with hiring cal lee back. the costs far outweigh the benefits. hire someone else. if they get a good coach they will win. there are a bunch of good coaches out there without the negative baggage.

there is no easy fix to the solution. no one is gonna come and put a ton of money into the school. they don't have anyone to do that. they aren't gonna get rich on football. they have to gain the confidence back. the only way they can get the confidence of the people back is by proving that the school is worth the money. this wasn't going to occur over night. it will take many more years. a whole generation of people who have gone to school in hawaii have the belief the school is all about football and nothing else. they will have to fight that. they are gonna have to scrape and claw and really they might have to go coed or move out to ewa beach. they might fail, the school was so mismanaged for so long that it is a real possibility. this is the only way it can be done though. adding cal lee doesn't fix any of their problems.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

The school is actually back on the rise as far as enrollment goes. This years 9th grade class is currently at around 130. It's been a while since we've seen those type of numbers. The sad part is, they actually turned away another 40 kids because of the student / teacher ratio rule that Hamamoto implemented while she was in control. That really pissed me off big time when they put kids on a waiting list, when they could actually be filling the seats and generating much needed revenue. Even this years 6th grade class had an increase to where they had to open up a second class for them.

I hear a lot of parents I meet on the job say they wish they could send their sons to Saint Louis, but the tuition is to high for them. I presented this dilemma to the schools admin recently and they said the school is actually currently devising a plan(s) to make the school more affordable. One example is...for every year your son advances to the next grade level, you will receive a $600.00 kickback credited towards the next year. I even heard them say that they aren't going to raise the tuition (possibly) for the next two years.

At least I know they are headed in the right direction.

And I'm also glad that there are still passionate alumni out there like sayno, kindergarten cop and redandbluearmy that still believe in the schools core values, and do not want to see that destroyed. That's what makes the brotherhood so special.

Memor et Fidelis
Last edited by LocalCheesehead on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

KindergartenCop

redandbluearmy wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:Your right.. Sorry about that. I do respect your post. Not liking the bantering of trying to prove who's right. He is passionate, just wanted to see where it was coming from. He did say he coached there for years...
thank you sayno.

kindergarten cop: i am sorry for going off on you. i don't want the school to fail, it really bothers me that it has gotten to this point. i obviously disagree with you on a number of issues but i shouldn't have responded to you in that way.

i did coach there. i did not coach football. i played other sports. i coached them, there are other sports there besides football. i wrote a whole piece on how i view the problem. unfortunately the computer logged me out. i am going to just get straight to the point.

the schools tuition has more than doubled since he was there. they are fighting for a smaller and smaller pool of kids. they are going up against the big boys. that segment of society has a bad opinion of the school. that opinion came because of the cal lee era. the only way they can get the confidence of the people back is by proving that the school is worth the money. this wasn't going to occur over night. it will take many more years. a whole generation of people who have gone to school in hawaii have the belief the school is all about football and nothing else. putting the man the created the scenario and and symbolizes it is not the answer. there is little benefit to the hire. he doesn't bring money to the school. he didn't before. the facilities you see out there are all made after he left. unless you can show me that there is something different this time around i highly doubt the school will benefit financially from this. he might bring a small number of guys in to pal football but they already have two hundred kids playing it. thats half the population of the school. how much more can they possibly get? how much more would stay when they don't play? there problem market isn't football its kids who don't play football. they stay way because of the bad rep. bringing him back doesn't help that rep, if anything it hurts it. the costs are way higher than the benefits. hell i am fine with them firing hamamoto. she didn't do a good job. i am fine with firing matt wright. i am not fine with hiring cal lee back. the costs far outweigh the benefits. hire someone else. if they get a good coach they will win. there are a bunch of good coaches out there without the negative baggage.

there is no easy fix to the solution. no one is gonna come and put a ton of money into the school. they don't have anyone to do that. they aren't gonna get rich on football. they have to gain the confidence back. the only way they can get the confidence of the people back is by proving that the school is worth the money. this wasn't going to occur over night. it will take many more years. a whole generation of people who have gone to school in hawaii have the belief the school is all about football and nothing else. they will have to fight that. they are gonna have to scrape and claw and really they might have to go coed or move out to ewa beach. they might fail, the school was so mismanaged for so long that it is a real possibility. this is the only way it can be done though. adding cal lee doesn't fix any of their problems.
I understand, you are as passionate as I am about the school. I want it to succeed as much as you. Yes there is no one fix that will right the school. It will take concessions form the football side and the academic side to make the school prosper and produce productive graduates not only football players. It's been along time since STL has been the talk of the state. Cal may or may not be the best for the school. But he is the best for the football team. (In my opinion) I think Judge will be able to separate the two. Although he was on watch the past few years at STL.

We need to search and acquire better teachers. Not to say we have bad ones, I think they're doing fine. But we should be looking for better and maybe the best. We need start somewhere. Cal is a start. Let him fix the football team and I don't think he wants to take over the school at 67, Just the football team. Let's let him get the football team moving in the right direction. Work one one thing at a time...

chasingchampionships
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by chasingchampionships »

So........................ as it turns out Ed is gone. He brought in Cal and now he's getting canned...... and who do you think is going to replace him? I bet Cal becomes AD / HC in short time............................

Link

LET'S GO BOWS!

chasingchampionships
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

so this is a little funny now.... how da bruddha's at st louis liking cal lee now??? if the plan was to attract more kids because cal was gonna bring back the good ole days at st louis, what now?

apparently, without all the future nfl players, cal has a difficult time playing against good ilh teams...

so now you guys have bad academics and an even worse football team... this is just embarassing.....

Link

LET'S GO BOWS!

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

chasingchampionships wrote:so this is a little funny now.... how da bruddha's at st louis liking cal lee now??? if the plan was to attract more kids because cal was gonna bring back the good ole days at st louis, what now?

apparently, without all the future nfl players, cal has a difficult time playing against good ilh teams...

so now you guys have bad academics and an even worse football team... this is just embarassing.....

I don't think the braddahs at St Louis or Coach Lee is worried about attracting talent. I mean you're talking about Hawaii's winningest HS football coach and a storied program. He didn't do that over night. Lets be realistic here. He already has players that can't play this year. Which means he's already building for next year. Who knows by next year he will have more players wanting to play regardless of how they do this year. But I wouldn't write this season off either. ILH has a playoff now. He can lose all his games and still win the playoffs. It's still early to judge the coach and team right now.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

chasingchampionships wrote:so this is a little funny now.... how da bruddha's at st louis liking cal lee now??? if the plan was to attract more kids because cal was gonna bring back the good ole days at st louis, what now?

Well, let's not be too hard on Lee. Give him some time; he just got back to St Louis. He's not a magician; he has to work with the players that were already there. I don't think this 0-3 start has hurt the Lee brand. After all, all three losses were to VERY good teams. Obviously, though, St Louis' D needs some help.

chasingchampionships
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

you guys are crazy… i wonder what would have been said if a matt wright coached st louis team lost 55-7 to punahou?

i mean… i can see losing… fine… but this wasn't even close. this was a beat down of biblical proportions. cal is supposed to be a genius, but he can't even keep this respectable? are this kids really that bad? and if they are, why are you playing single coverage over and over against the states top receiver???

congratulations st louis, you get what you wanted. cal lee is back. you stink worse than ever. your school is still in debt. your academics are still a joke. and your enrollment is still in decline. within in 10 years, with more choices like this one, this school might not even exist.

Link

LET'S GO BOWS!

bow89
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bow89 »

congratulations st louis, you get what you wanted. cal lee is back. you stink worse than ever. your school is still in debt. your academics are still a joke. and your enrollment is still in decline. within in 10 years, with more choices like this one, this school might not even exist (quote)

Unless you actually went to the school recently, you shouldn't say anything about the academics. I would put saynotomercs and his classmates up against anyone from the remaining ILH schools (minus perhaps Iolani and Punahou). Compare Saint Louis' curriculum with the other ILH schools. They have far more AP offerings than any of the non big three schools (Kamehameha included as part of the big three), and their AP pass rate is higher also. Sayno will tell you that his AP classes beat the national average by over thirty percent. Just because you know some knuckleheads that graduated from Saint Louis, doesn't mean that the academics are not sound. It is far superior today than before. That's why there are more academic casualties than previous years.