Its official cal Lee is back

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
crusaderbangah808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

St.louis Crusaders head coach 80-90% is gonna be Cal Lee

Post by crusaderbangah808 »

80-90% the coach will be Cal lee , Ron lee will follow and be the OC , Rod York the DC believe it or not but St.louis will pay the money and he will go where the money talks , and thats all i know of. As of right now the Saint Louis alumni has all the power right now because the school was out of money and begged the alumni for some and they said if you don't get rid of matt wright then we won't give you the money. so I'm guessing they got rid of him and told the school to bring a good coach but don't get me wrong matt wright is a good coach but the expectation at Saint Louis are too high to lose 3 years in a row and not go to the States , thats just not Saint louis Football. well anyways Pat hamamoto and the rest of the admin. are messing up the school and trying to make a football school into a academic school and look at the school now? they just fudged it up. they just need to accept reality that football is what made this school and what attracts kids. If cal lee gets the job expect Saint louis enrollment to sky rocket believe that. Because now days Alumnus aren't sending their kids there because they know it aint worth the money like before but if they got a guy like Cal Lee that has soo much success under his belt , there be a lot of fathers of Kalaepohaku sending there sons to be a crusader because now they're sure its worth the money to send theirs sons there for football. Pat hamamoto needs to get the hell out of there and Ed Paola needs to get fired because Paola took down all the All state pictures in the gym and threw them away. fat pig. Paola and Hamamoto is a big reason why this school took a big down fall. if Cal Lee becomes head coach this will be the resurrection of the crusaders to get back on that dynasty and play football how they know how to.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: St.louis Crusaders head coach 80-90% is gonna be Cal Lee

Post by LocalCheesehead »

I think Hamamoto did an excellent job at SL. She wasn't hired for athletics, she was hired for academics. An in that aspect should be commendated.

Saint Louis is, and will always be a football school. It was that way from the 60's till now. BUT, they also have a fine academic program as well. They won the State Math Bowl for the last 3 years in a row.

The way I look at it is....what's wrong with excelling at both? Academics AND athletics. Punahou does it, but nobody's harping on them.

Saint Louis still turns out a high college qualification (ratio) for its graduates. I know it's not Iolani and Punahou standards, but you get what you pay for. I mean, they still turn out future doctors and lawyers as well.

Iolani is basketball
Punahou is volleyball
Mid Pac is baseball
Saint Louis is football

That's the way it is, and that's the way it will always be!
Last edited by LocalCheesehead on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Did they really take down the pictures? Wow, thats totally against tradition. I remember breaking at least 2 glass frames playing basketball in there. Gotta watch out for them wild passes! No wonder the program has declined.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Whats your source for these rumors? Do you have an insider?

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

I highly, highly doubt that the Lee claims have any validity. Neither party seems interested in re-engagement.

I don't think Wright is a bad defensive coordinator, but the program philosophy started under Arceneaux's second reign needed to end. It shouldn't be win at all costs, but winning should be a high priority.

I'll go into the value of SLS later.

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

LocalCheesehead wrote:I think Hamamoto did an excellent job at SL. She wasn't hired for athletics, she was hired for academics. An in that aspect should be commendated.

Saint Louis is, and will always be a football school. It was that way from the 60's till now. BUT, they also have a fine academic program as well. They won the State Math Bowl for the last 3 years in a row.

The way I look at it is....what's wrong with excelling at both? Academics AND athletics. Punahou does it, but nobody's harping on them.

Saint Louis still turns out a high college qualification (ratio) for its graduates. I know it's not Iolani and Punahou standards, but you get what you pay for. I mean, they still turn out future doctors and lawyers as well.

Iolani is basketball
Punahou is volleyball
Mid Pac is baseball
Saint Louis is football

That's the way it is, and that's the way it will always be!
St. Louis did skip the 70's couple of years in the 80's with the emergence of Kamehameha and Iolani in the ILH. It should always be academics first and football second.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

For the 10-20% that it isn't Cal Lee, who are some potential picks or hires? Would St. Louis appeal to a coach from the mainland, much like how Kamehameha hired Cosbie?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

fanoffb wrote:For the 10-20% that it isn't Cal Lee, who are some potential picks or hires? Would St. Louis appeal to a coach from the mainland, much like how Kamehameha hired Cosbie?
I doubt it. Haven't almost all of St Louis' football HCs been local? Marciel, Lee, Arceneaux, Tengan, Wright...

Am I missing any? Was Lane an HC there for a short while? Can't remember.

redandbluearmy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by redandbluearmy »

i hope this isn't the plan. cal lee and the football dynasty almost killed the school, and it might still based on the current attendance numbers. because of that detour the school lost all the respect it had in the community for being a great academic institution. the effects are being felt to this day. the school can't retain influential alumnus children. most successful alumni send their children elsewhere. then you add in the fact that the cost of running a private school has ballooned, partly due to regular factors in the economy but also due to the insane competition that has taken place in hawaii, and a lot of people can't afford to send their children to the school.

good football players don't pay for their education, they get it payed for by private schools. its laughable to base your business plan on attracting a sector of the population that doesnt pay for the service you are selling…..

don't get me wrong, i love football and i want them to be good, but it won't save the school. if you are a private school in hawaii you have to compete against punahou and iolani, if you don't measure up academically then you won't get kids to attend. its that simple…..

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

redandbluearmy wrote:i hope this isn't the plan. cal lee and the football dynasty almost killed the school, and it might still based on the current attendance numbers. because of that detour the school lost all the respect it had in the community for being a great academic institution. the effects are being felt to this day. the school can't retain influential alumnus children. most successful alumni send their children elsewhere. then you add in the fact that the cost of running a private school has ballooned, partly due to regular factors in the economy but also due to the insane competition that has taken place in hawaii, and a lot of people can't afford to send their children to the school.

good football players don't pay for their education, they get it payed for by private schools. its laughable to base your business plan on attracting a sector of the population that doesnt pay for the service you are selling…..

don't get me wrong, i love football and i want them to be good, but it won't save the school. if you are a private school in hawaii you have to compete against punahou and iolani, if you don't measure up academically then you won't get kids to attend. its that simple…..
I have a different take: Not EVERY private school HAS to compete with Punahou and Iolani; every private school can have something different to offer. I think the only reason St Louis is struggling financially is that it accepts only boys, which I think is a good thing. Now that Damien has girls, St Louis is the only option for parents--especially Catholic parents--who want their sons to attend a private school that doesn't have the distraction of girls. I commend St Louis for sticking to that formula; there HAS to be a place for such a school. I strongly suspect that many St Louis alumni will send their sons to the school; that's something of a tradition. Maybe St Louis isn't as strong academically as Punahou or Iolani, but it's certainly good ENOUGH. It's certainly not a "bad" school, however THAT might be defined. Every private school has different traditions; each private school has its own "personality." Even each PUBLIC school has its own "vibe."

yobabyyo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by yobabyyo »

So what if you don't have the BEST football program in any given year(s). Glory days of Hawaii high school football programs come and go. Why make such a big deal and be a by-word of the community? If your program teaches character and prepares their players for life...when football playing is over...it's a success.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

yobabyyo wrote:So what if you don't have the BEST football program in any given year(s). Glory days of Hawaii high school football programs come and go. Why make such a big deal and be a by-word of the community? If your program teaches character and prepares their players for life...when football playing is over...it's a success.
They aren't teaching character very well. From flags to a participation philosophy that isn't merit based, Arceneaux's regime did the recent graduating classes a disfavor.

redandbluearmy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by redandbluearmy »

[/quote]
I have a different take: Not EVERY private school HAS to compete with Punahou and Iolani; every private school can have something different to offer. I think the only reason St Louis is struggling financially is that it accepts only boys, which I think is a good thing. Now that Damien has girls, St Louis is the only option for parents--especially Catholic parents--who want their sons to attend a private school that doesn't have the distraction of girls. I commend St Louis for sticking to that formula; there HAS to be a place for such a school. I strongly suspect that many St Louis alumni will send their sons to the school; that's something of a tradition. Maybe St Louis isn't as strong academically as Punahou or Iolani, but it's certainly good ENOUGH. It's certainly not a "bad" school, however THAT might be defined. Every private school has different traditions; each private school has its own "personality." Even each PUBLIC school has its own "vibe."[/quote]

first, they are competing with iolani and punahou. they are a private academic institution on the island of oahu. there are only a finite amount of families that can afford to send their children to schools for over ten grand a year. this isn't a college now, this is a high school. over ten grand a year for high school. what is the median family income in the state, like 50 grand, maybe before taxes. thats a big big big investment for people. for most children going to high school is about getting prepared to go to college and developing a solid foundation for their future profession, not playing football. they need to have a good academic record to attract students.

second, its funny that you mention differences. then in the next sentence you state that our difference, the one thing that makes us stand out is also our greatest weakness. i guess we are just fudged then...

third, most prominent alumni do not send their kids to st louis. look at the board of directors, most of those guys sent their kids to punahou or iolani or even mid pac. either because those schools became more prestigious or because they didn't trust the academic record the school started to develop. these are facts.

fourth, i never said it was a bad academic school. its a good school filled with very nice everyday people. i wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else, but its reputation in the community is poor. people think it is just a football school. the school will continue to struggle as long as this negative connotation is applied to it.

private schools survive on donations and attracting people who can pay full tuition, thats the nature of the beast. people who can do those things don't care about football. punahou and iolani were god awful at football, as compared to st louis, for many years. that didn't stop them from becoming the most prestigious schools on the island. it didn't stop them from attracting all the people on the island that could give large sums of money at a moments notice. football doesn't matter. its nice to have a good team and its fun to see them win, but it doesn't help a school stay solvent or compete to get good students and facilities. This isn't the university of miami or something like that. this is hawaii high school athletics. you want to attract those people, have a good school. produce kids that get good jobs. have prominent alumni in the community. for the past twenty years the school really hasn't produced that. so now they have a poor reputation.

it sucks, but to stay alive a private school needs to attract that segment o the population. for the school to stay alive they have to attract kids, they can't attract them because they have a bad reputation. they have a bad reputation because people think the only thing going on there is football. they think that because cal lee and all his boys ran rampant for twenty years. but you are telling me here that to save the school we have to go back to what destroyed it and put it in that situation. that is really really really dumb….. they can have a good team and be good at all the sports and still have a good school. it isn't necessary to make it all about football, thats what destroyed the schools reputation…..

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

redandbluearmy wrote:
I have a different take: Not EVERY private school HAS to compete with Punahou and Iolani; every private school can have something different to offer. I think the only reason St Louis is struggling financially is that it accepts only boys, which I think is a good thing. Now that Damien has girls, St Louis is the only option for parents--especially Catholic parents--who want their sons to attend a private school that doesn't have the distraction of girls. I commend St Louis for sticking to that formula; there HAS to be a place for such a school. I strongly suspect that many St Louis alumni will send their sons to the school; that's something of a tradition. Maybe St Louis isn't as strong academically as Punahou or Iolani, but it's certainly good ENOUGH. It's certainly not a "bad" school, however THAT might be defined. Every private school has different traditions; each private school has its own "personality." Even each PUBLIC school has its own "vibe."[/quote]

first, they are competing with iolani and punahou. they are a private academic institution on the island of oahu. there are only a finite amount of families that can afford to send their children to schools for over ten grand a year. this isn't a college now, this is a high school. over ten grand a year for high school. what is the median family income in the state, like 50 grand, maybe before taxes. thats a big big big investment for people. for most children going to high school is about getting prepared to go to college and developing a solid foundation for their future profession, not playing football. they need to have a good academic record to attract students.

second, its funny that you mention differences. then in the next sentence you state that our difference, the one thing that makes us stand out is also our greatest weakness. i guess we are just fudged then...

third, most prominent alumni do not send their kids to st louis. look at the board of directors, most of those guys sent their kids to punahou or iolani or even mid pac. either because those schools became more prestigious or because they didn't trust the academic record the school started to develop. these are facts.

fourth, i never said it was a bad academic school. its a good school filled with very nice everyday people. i wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else, but its reputation in the community is poor. people think it is just a football school. the school will continue to struggle as long as this negative connotation is applied to it.

private schools survive on donations and attracting people who can pay full tuition, thats the nature of the beast. people who can do those things don't care about football. punahou and iolani were god awful at football, as compared to st louis, for many years. that didn't stop them from becoming the most prestigious schools on the island. it didn't stop them from attracting all the people on the island that could give large sums of money at a moments notice. football doesn't matter. its nice to have a good team and its fun to see them win, but it doesn't help a school stay solvent or compete to get good students and facilities. This isn't the university of miami or something like that. this is hawaii high school athletics. you want to attract those people, have a good school. produce kids that get good jobs. have prominent alumni in the community. for the past twenty years the school really hasn't produced that. so now they have a poor reputation.

it sucks, but to stay alive a private school needs to attract that segment o the population. for the school to stay alive they have to attract kids, they can't attract them because they have a bad reputation. they have a bad reputation because people think the only thing going on there is football. they think that because cal lee and all his boys ran rampant for twenty years. but you are telling me here that to save the school we have to go back to what destroyed it and put it in that situation. that is really really really dumb….. they can have a good team and be good at all the sports and still have a good school. it isn't necessary to make it all about football, thats what destroyed the schools reputation…..[/quote]

First of all, that was a long but somewhat rude post. You don't help your alma mater by saying that what other guys post is, "really really really dumb." That's really, really, really, RUDE.

I don't know what YOU are talking about when you say St Louis has a "bad" reputation; that's not what I'M hearing. How many private high-schools on Oahu have a "bad" reputation? Also, you seem to have forgotten that this thread--this site--is about SPORTS. No one said academics aren't important; that's what schools are primarily for. But I happen to think that St Louis is doing quite well both in sports AND academics, and I'm not even an alumnus of the school. I think you should be a little more supportive of your own alma mater. You think alumni trashing their own alma mater online--for all to see--is going to HELP matters?

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
redandbluearmy wrote:
I have a different take: Not EVERY private school HAS to compete with Punahou and Iolani; every private school can have something different to offer. I think the only reason St Louis is struggling financially is that it accepts only boys, which I think is a good thing. Now that Damien has girls, St Louis is the only option for parents--especially Catholic parents--who want their sons to attend a private school that doesn't have the distraction of girls. I commend St Louis for sticking to that formula; there HAS to be a place for such a school. I strongly suspect that many St Louis alumni will send their sons to the school; that's something of a tradition. Maybe St Louis isn't as strong academically as Punahou or Iolani, but it's certainly good ENOUGH. It's certainly not a "bad" school, however THAT might be defined. Every private school has different traditions; each private school has its own "personality." Even each PUBLIC school has its own "vibe."

it sucks, but to stay alive a private school needs to attract that segment o the population. for the school to stay alive they have to attract kids, they can't attract them because they have a bad reputation. they have a bad reputation because people think the only thing going on there is football. they think that because cal lee and all his boys ran rampant for twenty years. but you are telling me here that to save the school we have to go back to what destroyed it and put it in that situation. that is really really really dumb….. they can have a good team and be good at all the sports and still have a good school. it isn't necessary to make it all about football, thats what destroyed the schools reputation…..[/quote]

First of all, that was a long but somewhat rude post. You don't help your alma mater by saying that what other guys post is, "really really really dumb." That's really, really, really, RUDE.

I don't know what YOU are talking about when you say St Louis has a "bad" reputation; that's not what I'M hearing. How many private high-schools on Oahu have a "bad" reputation? Also, you seem to have forgotten that this thread--this site--is about SPORTS. No one said academics aren't important; that's what schools are primarily for. But I happen to think that St Louis is doing quite well both in sports AND academics, and I'm not even an alumnus of the school. I think you should be a little more supportive of your own alma mater. You think alumni trashing their own alma mater online--for all to see--is going to HELP matters?[/quote]

I think he means STL is getting a bad reputation because of what is happening now. they are attraction mostly football players who cant pay tuition, so the really bright kids dont want to go to a place where they are funding the football team with thier tuition and maybe not getting the best education possible. STL is a great school but is on the decline because the focus is to much on football right now, i really want them to stay around its good for the competion but the alumni coming out of STL at the moment are not helping. (not in a mean way just that its a different school than it was in the 80's.)
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions