kahuku. New football coach??

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
ThaGame
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: kahuku. New football coach??

Post by ThaGame »

What I'm hearing from red raider nation is well....quite shocking if you ask me!! I guess the new administration is reeeeaaaally 'cleaning house' and will be choosing someone with no ties to the school whatsoever. So this can play out 2 ways, we can go back to 1988 when Gordon Miyashiro came in and fielded what was probably the worst red raider team ever, or 1989 when Doug Semones came in and lifted the red raiders to the prep bowl! Maybe a mainland guy isn't so bad after all??? All I know is from the people I talk too said it would be a shame if Byron Beatty didn't get the HC job.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Would be nice to Bryon Beatty but don't he have to work in the school to be a HC

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I did hear about the mainland applicant, but the indications are that he wasn't one of the last 2.

backPOINTS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backPOINTS »

will there be a SHAKEUP on the northshore?

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

rrforlifebaby wrote:I did hear about the mainland applicant, but the indications are that he wasn't one of the last 2.
So much for indications....holy crap. WTF?

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =248909691

Breaking News on the 'Tizer website. New Kahuku F-Ball Coach is from Idaho.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Big Mahalo to Reggie for all these years of service to our kids and community. He is well respected in his town and state wide.
Hawaii is unique and a small community all together, especially the football community.
One thing is for sure, our boys will be ready to rumble, whether we have a coach on the sideline calling one offensive play the entire season or
no coach at all the team is always in contention for the title.

Best of wishes to this new coach I am flattered that Kahuku Football is popular enough to attract attention 5,000 miles away but
remember that Myself and all the other alumni built it up to what it is so there will be microscopic eyes this season (as is every season).

I have faith and belief that Principal Pauline made the best decision for the kids and the school, its not always what the community wants but
what the kids need for their future. She is a good person and her years as principal at Kahuku elementary and her up bringing in Laie reassures me
that the school is in good hands.
-------------------

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

If I have read the net correctly,the new coach spent one year at the school he is coming from. Two years ago ,he was out of football for one year,and the school he coached at before his one-year sabbatical was a two -year stay for him as a head coach
He has been in the profession for almost thirty years,but in the last four years,he has been at two different schools as head coach with one year out of the football coaching profession. Not exactly an indicator of stability.

Let us see what happens with Kahuku.

ThaGame
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ThaGame »

Red Raider nation follows Kapalama and chooses one mainland guy! Wow, what no more qualified guys in the backyard or are these mainlander guys are waaaaay too good to pass up?!

Sweet Lei Mokihana
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

huki-lau-lau wrote:Big Mahalo to Reggie for all these years of service to our kids and community. He is well respected in his town and state wide.
Hawaii is unique and a small community all together, especially the football community.
One thing is for sure, our boys will be ready to rumble, whether we have a coach on the sideline calling one offensive play the entire season or
no coach at all the team is always in contention for the title.

Best of wishes to this new coach I am flattered that Kahuku Football is popular enough to attract attention 5,000 miles away but
remember that Myself and all the other alumni built it up to what it is so there will be microscopic eyes this season (as is every season).

I have faith and belief that Principal Pauline made the best decision for the kids and the school, its not always what the community wants but
what the kids need for their future. She is a good person and her years as principal at Kahuku elementary and her up bringing in Laie reassures me
that the school is in good hands.
I hope you're right ... We shall see. As you've mentioned..."microscopic eyes" will be on and scrutinizing anything negative.

Sad to see braddah Reggie's coaching time end at his alma mater. Such a good guy. Oh well, on to another chapter in his life I guess.

backPOINTS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backPOINTS »

Big mistake Red Raiders, you fire the guy that has been very consistant, has made the program very respectful-disipline. before Reggie got there the red raiders were very talented but undisipline & though they won alot they would have mental breakdown from time to time losing games they shouldnt, with reggie they seemed much more seasoned...& with Reggie they won also!.......hope this outsider learns the culture of the NORTHSHORE.....

DA SCOUT

Post by DA SCOUT »

ThaGame wrote:Red Raider nation follows Kapalama and chooses one mainland guy! Wow, what no more qualified guys in the backyard or are these mainlander guys are waaaaay too good to pass up?!
David Stant left Cosbie a championship contending team with good coaches surrounding him especially the O line coaches chung and riola and with the addition to beatty on the defense made them a add water team ,don't beleive they win one D 1 game this year in their division loosing to STL and Pun without beatty on defense and the those tough as nails oline coaches my guess Cosbie resigns in 2016 bringing back Doc nakamura may give them a chance to save face in 2015. Kahuku usually a jus add water team also maybe the same case. dont believe the team returning, is as good as the teams in the past that previous coaches inherited

95boyz

Post by 95boyz »

Many articles I've read claim this coach Lee Leslie has 17 championships under his belt, but I can't find any proof of that anywhere. Can someone please show me some article or whatever that lists this? Kinda fishy if you ask me! [-X
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

DA SCOUT wrote:
ThaGame wrote:Red Raider nation follows Kapalama and chooses one mainland guy! Wow, what no more qualified guys in the backyard or are these mainlander guys are waaaaay too good to pass up?!
David Stant left Cosbie a championship contending team with good coaches surrounding him especially the O line coaches chung and riola and with the addition to beatty on the defense made them a add water team ,don't beleive they win one D 1 game this year in their division loosing to STL and Pun without beatty on defense and the those tough as nails oline coaches my guess Cosbie resigns in 2016 bringing back Doc nakamura may give them a chance to save face in 2015. Kahuku usually a jus add water team also maybe the same case. dont believe the team returning, is as good as the teams in the past that previous coaches inherited
Why would Cosbie resign?

westside.gee

Post by westside.gee »

Didnt two assistants at Kamehameha resign in mid season? Im wondering if they couldnt stand the fact of being inferior to a mainland HC with no history or allegiance to the school or Hawaii in general.