kahuku. New football coach??

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: kahuku. New football coach??

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

[quote="westside.gee"]Didnt two assistants at Kamehameha resign in mid season? Im wondering if they couldnt stand the fact of being inferior to a mainland HC with no history or allegiance to the school or Hawaii in general.[/quote] Cosbie has relatives that live in Hawaii and was a frequent visitor prior to taking the job. He also coached several KS alumni when he coached at Santa Clara and they encouraged him to apply....

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

[quote="95boyz"]Many articles I've read claim this coach Lee Leslie has 17 championships under his belt, but I can't find any proof of that anywhere. Can someone please show me some article or whatever that lists this? Kinda fishy if you ask me! [-X[/quote]

He was the head coach for the Idaho State Champs (Class 4A ??? I think) in 2010. Google Idaho High School Football. I didn't see him listed for any other State Championships in Idaho or Utah.... however, I wonder if maybe his teams were "League" champions? Or maybe he was assistant coach on some State or League Championship teams. I think one of the AFL2 teams he coached might have been in the AFL2 Championship game, but didn't win, so maybe his team was the Conference Champs?

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Ulchiro5ga wrote: Cosbie has relatives that live in Hawaii and was a frequent visitor prior to taking the job. He also coached several KS alumni when he coached at Santa Clara and they encouraged him to apply....

Hawaii was a vacation place for Cosbie prior to taking the HC job, not a 2nd home or home away from home. From what I been hearing about Kahukus new coach from Idaho is that similar to Cosbies story is that he has coached Kahuku players at the University of Utah and has noticed/crossed paths with other Kahuku athletes in various colleges in Utah and the western USA.

I know several High school coaches in Utah that are Kahuku Alum and no one seems to really have an endorsement for coach Lee, I mean they have mentioned that they know of or heard of Coach Lee and they all wished him well but nothing to the extent of a personal endorsement. Im interested to learn more about our new coach and hope that our community can rally behind him and not just rally behind the players.
-------------------

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

All I know is coach lee shouldnt take away the running game from kahuku because that is all they know and they are built that way from pop Warner days. Kahuku has a lot of returnees coming back along with the jv players that is coming up and I'm not so sure but I think couple of players that left for Utah is coming back too. So they are going to be loaded I just hope the coach gets to know what kahuku football is about.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

^ exactly, Kahuku is built off of the shut-down defense and dive right/left offense.

All these years they won by keeping their opponents score lower then what they couldve scored. If their offense could only muster up 7 points the whole game then the defense stepped up and only allowed 6 for the opposition and that is the story behind kahuku football.

We were spoiled in 2010/11/12 with a decent QB and passing game to add to the ground-n-pound running game to slaughter pretty much everyone in our path. But QB's and WR's are rare at kahuku so the stable running game with our big boys needs to be the foundation. I hope with this new coach we can see more consistency with our QB talent.
-------------------

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

He can bring passing but slowly...let the players play there game and as the season go on add his plays into the mix

KOKOHEAD808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KOKOHEAD808 »

Anyone know how many boys Kahuku is losing (to private/other schools) this upcoming year? Theyre supposeldy losing kids to St Louis and mainland schools?

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

You forgot punahou lol. But for what I know they all red raiders

KOKOHEAD808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KOKOHEAD808 »

St louis has already accepted a few kahuku under classmen, havent heard of any new kahuku football players being accepted to punahou for the next yr?