Shift of power IF.........

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Shift of power IF.........

Post by saynotomercs »

KindergartenCop wrote:Just heard from a reliable media source.....

THE SHIFT OF POWER is about to begin. Look out ILH, an old sherif is rolling back into town and the landscape will change. The announcement will be made in Mondays paper. I heard Cal will clean house from top to bottom.
Keeping Vinny should be a priority.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

saynotomercs wrote:

THE SHIFT OF POWER is about to begin. Look out ILH, an old sherif is rolling back into town and the landscape will change. The announcement will be made in Mondays paper. I heard Cal will clean house from top to bottom.
Keeping Vinny would be the automatic choice.
Ron (Lee) will be there also.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

LocalCheesehead wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:

Keeping Vinny would be the automatic choice.
Ron (Lee) will be there also.
Vinny is automatic Vinny has always been a part of the school, can't remember when he wasn't I think Charlie and Frank Lacaden will also be retained not sure on the rest..

MuaMuaLeAtua
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MuaMuaLeAtua »

KindergartenCop wrote:
Just heard from a reliable media source.....

What "reliable media source" did you get this information from?

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

MuaMuaLeAtua wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
Just heard from a reliable media source.....

What "reliable media source" did you get this information from?
I can't name names. The parties involved wanted the announcement to come out tomorrow. Not sure why. I think The school needed to interview all applicants before making the announcement. The final interview took place last week.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

noasark2x2 wrote:
Undftd wrote:1. Name one 'rich alumni' who would really impact the school in the amount of money they NEED. (Millions)
2. Which alumni kids would go to STL that arent already there? where are they all hiding?
To answer question number 1 Kreutz, the Raiola brothers, Chris Fuamatu Mafala, Gesser, Chang I am not alumni but all these guys are well off and from what I heard these guys as well as a bunch of the Business world alumni are getting together to help their school. This they are moving forward with their construction plans.
Those are were some beastly players there but when truth be told I dont think any of those NFL'ers are balling to the tune of millions of dollars, most NFL players are in and out so fast that if they dont manage their money properly they can be broke very fast. Kruetz had the longest career and he made a lot of money but not QB money or WR money. Gesser and Chang didnt make it in the NFL and are no better off financially then any of us normal working class people working pay check to pay check. Sorry but with all due respect, that list is not very impressive for financial backing that St. Louis schools would need.

noasark2x2
Starter
Starter
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Ravens

Post by noasark2x2 »

Undftd
The group of Alumni headed by these guys have pledged 3million to the school. That's why they went a head with the groundbreaking and why you have seen so many changes at the athletic department.
So no matter what you think about how much money these guys have or don't have some how they have come up with this and have promised more.
I personally know a bunch of former players who are pretty successful in their careers who are pledging smaller amounts to help with scholarships to the school.
You asked about alumni that would help in this schools time of need to answer your question it sounds like a bunch of them.
Let's Go Bows

redandbluearmy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by redandbluearmy »

noasark2x2 wrote:Undftd
The group of Alumni headed by these guys have pledged 3million to the school. That's why they went a head with the groundbreaking and why you have seen so many changes at the athletic department.
So no matter what you think about how much money these guys have or don't have some how they have come up with this and have promised more.
I personally know a bunch of former players who are pretty successful in their careers who are pledging smaller amounts to help with scholarships to the school.
You asked about alumni that would help in this schools time of need to answer your question it sounds like a bunch of them.
thats good and all. the real problem with the school is they don't attract enough kids that don't play football. they already have like 250 kids in the high school playing football. thats over half the schools population. how much more can they attract to the school? if they get them how can they get them to stay if they don't play? the football market is fine but they need more than that.

the real problem is that many people don't think the school is a good enough school for the amount of money they are paying for it. they charge 15000 a year. thats a lot. they are competing with punahou and iolani for kids. in the old days before the scandals they could get those kids. they had a very good reputation. but after all the escapades all those people fled. i am not sure how hiring the man that is the symbol of all of that is going to help win those people back. it is dubious at best and quite frankly it seems desperate and dimwitted at worst. they could have just hired someone who was a good football coach from somewhere else, i am not sure why they hired a guy with so much negative baggage.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

just thinking out loud hear. What do you think of the chances Cal reaches out to Reggie Torres to just be an assistant? heck, with him out at Kahuku, it is going to be an arms race for the boys out on the north shore. What better way to "sell" your program then to bring in the guy that once ran them. But hey, thats me thinking out loud. Its one way to reopen the pipeline between the North shore and St. Louis.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I doubt that'll happen, but who know's. Reggie has said that he's not looking to coach anywhere else, at least for the next year or so. Time will tell.

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

dirtylickens wrote:just thinking out loud hear. What do you think of the chances Cal reaches out to Reggie Torres to just be an assistant? heck, with him out at Kahuku, it is going to be an arms race for the boys out on the north shore. What better way to "sell" your program then to bring in the guy that once ran them. But hey, thats me thinking out loud. Its one way to reopen the pipeline between the North shore and St. Louis.
Good scenario, but Cal Lee's name is already a pipeline . . . Many of his past stars were from Kahuku, but would be nice to see Torres at St. Louis or head coaching elsewhere . . . . Like Moanalua?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:If Bosco has a bunch of returnees, wishing much luck to the Crusaders. Bosco absolutely dominated a pretty good De La Salle team last year. If Cal Lee does go back to St Louis, he could have them ready to bang with Bosco, but time will tell.
KindergartenCop wrote:SJB does have a great QB in Josh Rosen 5 star rating. They will be loaded coming to Aloha Stadium this August.
Have friends whose kids compete in the same CIF-SS Trinity League as SJB. According to them, SJB will return some talented offensive players (at skill positions and OL) but lose their top defenders (Cal commit LB Leniu; SC commit DE Dorton; UCLA commits DE Tuioti-Mariner & S Wadood; Arizona commit CB Hale; Colorado commit CB Fields; Air Force commit S Hawkins) who were all returning starters last season......so SJB won't be nearly as loaded next season......at least on defense.
St. John Bosco prepping for August 22 (Friday) game against the Crusaders at Aloha Stadium.....
http://www.presstelegram.com/sports/201 ... ng-preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfjZ-6L6Jw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PpgV3TFP00

football_fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by football_fan »

There will be no shift in power. St. Louis will employ their typical recruit every good player with an inclination of football skill, and then realize the parity in the OIA and ILH is real in the 2010's....Just my opinion....

Too prideful, at this point, they are doing "college recruiting" type tactics to get players to come to St. Louis....Nothing wrong with that, besides the proverbial "full ride" magical word, what they have to offer families?...two or three kids will move on to D-I, everyone else is just pieces to construct a team, not to develop them as recruits, or have them attain a quality private school education...

I sound cynical, but I do have high hopes for them to compete for a state title this year.