Shift of power IF.........

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Shift of power IF.........

Post by Swag43 »

Oh my I hope Saint Louis don't get smashed by Saint John Bosco...and Cal Lee ain't hired nor will make any difference with sub talent at Saint Louis...Cal Lee needs time to recruit...

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Don Bosco? Saint Louis could be a legit top 50 team and get blown out by these guys. No different from when they played DLS at the turn of the century.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Sorry about that. I think you meant SJB from California? I like the challenge.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

If Bosco has a bunch of returnees, wishing much luck to the Crusaders. Bosco absolutely dominated a pretty good De La Salle team last year. If Cal Lee does go back to St Louis, he could have them ready to bang with Bosco, but time will tell.

AllTheRightMoves
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AllTheRightMoves »

I would love to see Lee come back. The ILH landscape has changed since his departure in that Punahou wasn't as "diversified" during the Stl Championships of the 80's/90's. Now Punahou is accepting the same athletes as Stl. If given a choice would the athlete choose Stl or Pun. As you can see on the State Championship team, it looks like Pun. This is not to say the athlete wouldn't think otherwise if Lee was there, just making a point that there is now a choice for the athlete, it's not just Stl. Ane is recruiting athletes much in the same way Lee had his contacts at the intermediate schools back in the day. With as close as the Pun/Stl game was last year (facemask penalty away from a dramatic ending), Lee may be the difference. I'm not sold on Te'etai Ane's play calling and Stl offense matches up well against Puns D (corners suspect). The big 3 in the ILH would/will be awesome to watch if Lee came back. Let's not forget the job Cosby did at Kamehameha losing on twice, both to Punahou.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

SJB does have a great QB in Josh Rosen 5 star rating. They will be loaded coming to Aloha Stadium this August. I think the only coach that can get the SUB PAR talent according to SWAG, ready for a big game like that, would be Cal Lee. No disrespect to all the other coaches in the state. I think STL will field a better team this year and with better coaching they will surprise a lot of you.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

KindergartenCop wrote:SJB does have a great QB in Josh Rosen 5 star rating. They will be loaded coming to Aloha Stadium this August. I think the only coach that can get the SUB PAR talent according to SWAG, ready for a big game like that, would be Cal Lee. No disrespect to all the other coaches in the state. I think STL will field a better team this year and with better coaching they will surprise a lot of you.
With all the returning talent on offense, and Cal as coach, they definitely will be a team to contend with. The defense will need to do a better job at stopping the run though.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Shift of power IF........

Post by Swag43 »

LocalCheesehead wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:SJB does have a great QB in Josh Rosen 5 star rating. They will be loaded coming to Aloha Stadium this August. I think the only coach that can get the SUB PAR talent according to SWAG, ready for a big game like that, would be Cal Lee. No disrespect to all the other coaches in the state. I think STL will field a better team this year and with better coaching they will surprise a lot of you.
With all the returning talent on offense, and Cal as coach, they definitely will be a team to contend with. The defense will need to do a better job at stopping the run though.
Watch the saint Louis Punahou game and Stubblefield was 99.5% of saint Louis offense...to my knowledge Stubblefield and Noga graduate this year...I'm just wondering wtfing talent are y'all talking about...if anything Punahou is better off beating SJB just how they've evenly matched up with Helix...just don't be surprised if STL gets smashed no matter who's coaching them...I'm already hearing one of their players is transferring out to Mililani...smh for some reason I feel like y'all Saint Louis parents/alum/fan are living in Lala land...

KindergartenCop

Re: Shift of power IF........

Swag43 wrote:
LocalCheesehead wrote:
Watch the saint Louis Punahou game and Stubblefield was 99.5% of saint Louis offense...to my knowledge Stubblefield and Noga graduate this year...I'm just wondering wtfing talent are y'all talking about...if anything Punahou is better off beating SJB just how they've evenly matched up with Helix...just don't be surprised if STL gets smashed no matter who's coaching them...I'm already hearing one of their players is transferring out to Mililani...smh for some reason I feel like y'all Saint Louis parents/alum/fan are living in Lala land...
Swag Swag Swag, WOW so much uncertainty in your Buff n Blue. Big time returnee for Puns offense 1. Noa 2. Taulapapa 3 Samisi. am I missing any one els on offense. The rest are gone . STL big time returnee on offense 1. Kuhns 2. Cui 3. Kobayashi 4. Ulu Perry. 5. Goeas. Lala land is a nice place to be I voted for you when you ran for Mayor.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Cui? Goeas? Lol...show me on tape where these guys at vs Punahou...even Kobayashi was a no show...let's not forget Punahous Defense will be hitting on all cylinders with all their returnees....Tuliloa will be a double threat QB...the size of that kid he'll probably run over the whole undersized Saint Louis Defense...

KindergartenCop

Swag43 wrote:Cui? Goeas? Lol...show me on tape where these guys at vs Punahou...even Kobayashi was a no show...let's not forget Punahous Defense will be hitting on all cylinders with all their returnees....Tuliloa will be a double threat QB...the size of that kid he'll probably run over the whole undersized Saint Louis Defense...
You must be wearing blue and yellow coke bottle glasses when you watch the highlights on the news, because you obviously don't go to the games. Hard to have a serious coversation with someone that is not fully informed. You win. Mighty Puns are unbeatable.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Sit down boy...I go through game recording like 5-6 times...I do my homework...infamously known through ScoringLive and also shutting their blog down...take baby steps first before attempting me because I have no problem putting up videos just to prove my point...:)

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

Sorry about swag guys, we cant control him. but i do agree that punahou will be strong, but i wont crown them ILH champs quite yet. But without stubblefield and noga STL's offense is gone, we will see but you never know what will happen from now until the season. also Bosco aint number one, because those standings are from last year they lost alot of talent.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

rrforlifebaby wrote:If Bosco has a bunch of returnees, wishing much luck to the Crusaders. Bosco absolutely dominated a pretty good De La Salle team last year. If Cal Lee does go back to St Louis, he could have them ready to bang with Bosco, but time will tell.
KindergartenCop wrote:SJB does have a great QB in Josh Rosen 5 star rating. They will be loaded coming to Aloha Stadium this August.
Have friends whose kids compete in the same CIF-SS Trinity League as SJB. According to them, SJB will return some talented offensive players (at skill positions and OL) but lose their top defenders (Cal commit LB Leniu; SC commit DE Dorton; UCLA commits DE Tuioti-Mariner & S Wadood; Arizona commit CB Hale; Colorado commit CB Fields; Air Force commit S Hawkins) who were all returning starters last season......so SJB won't be nearly as loaded next season......at least on defense.

KindergartenCop

kapakahi wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:If Bosco has a bunch of returnees, wishing much luck to the Crusaders. Bosco absolutely dominated a pretty good De La Salle team last year. If Cal Lee does go back to St Louis, he could have them ready to bang with Bosco, but time will tell.
KindergartenCop wrote:SJB does have a great QB in Josh Rosen 5 star rating. They will be loaded coming to Aloha Stadium this August.
Have friends whose kids compete in the same CIF-SS Trinity League as SJB. According to them, SJB will return some talented offensive players (at skill positions and OL) but lose their top defenders (Cal commit LB Leniu; SC commit DE Dorton; UCLA commits DE Tuioti-Mariner & S Wadood; Arizona commit CB Hale; Colorado commit CB Fields; Air Force commit S Hawkins) who were all returning starters last season......so SJB won't be nearly as loaded next season......at least on defense.
Well if STL can come out swinging it might turn out to be a good game. STL played their harts out against Gorman two years ago and I thought they had something that year but I feel strongly that the coaching did a disservice to the boys these past two years. If Cal Lee comes back this would be a big boost to the football team. At least they cam actualy use the word PROGRM at STL again, if he returns.