Shift of power IF.........

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Shift of power IF.........

Post by rrforlifebaby »

"Shift of power IF.....Cal Lee decides to go back to St Louis.

Imho, IF Cal Lee goes back to St Louis, I believe the Crusaders will once again win more than their share of championships....I really hate to say it, but gota call it like i see it.

Puns(academics) and Kamehameha can only take in so many kids a year. Crusaders on the other hand, can pick and choose from whatever else is available(sorry Waianae, Kapolei, Farrington, to some extent my beloved Red Raiders).

Someone else on another post "predicted" that BIG RED won't have as much success if the OIA got rid of East-West. Not to be snippy, but IF Cal Lee coaches at St. Louis, I doubt most of the OIA schools(excluding Kahuku and Leilehua....check your history) will ever have a chance at a state title.

GO BIG RED!

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Shift of power IF.........

Post by Undftd »

Crusaders are broke, they cant bring in more recruits. the ns recruits like punahou, you have to admit that and i just dont think stl is in a place to come back, or atleast this year.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

Undftd wrote:Crusaders are broke, they cant bring in more recruits. the ns recruits like punahou, you have to admit that and i just dont think stl is in a place to come back, or atleast this year.
The school may be broke,but the alumni ain't. Word is they are lining up waiting for the word from Cal as to who they can sponsor. The only thing STL was missing the past three years was coaching. They still have position by position the best althletes in the state for the 2014 season. Now that Cal and his coaching staff is a strong possibility for STL. They will be a strong contender for the ILH and State.. JMHO

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

KindergartenCop wrote:
Undftd wrote:Crusaders are broke, they cant bring in more recruits. the ns recruits like punahou, you have to admit that and i just dont think stl is in a place to come back, or atleast this year.
The school may be broke,but the alumni ain't. Word is they are lining up waiting for the word from Cal as to who they can sponsor. The only thing STL was missing the past three years was coaching. They still have position by position the best althletes in the state for the 2014 season. Now that Cal and his coaching staff is a strong possibility for STL. They will be a strong contender for the ILH and State.. JMHO
If they keep the JV QB Tua they'll be in good shape for a while. That guy is a sure-fire FBS QB.

KindergartenCop

saynotomercs wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
If they keep the JV QB Tua they'll be in good shape for a while. That guy is a sure-fire FBS QB.
Heard he will stay if Cal Lee came back and a lot of alumni sons would be enrolling if the announcement is made. Tua is the real deal. May give Ryder a run for the staring job as a sophomore.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

1. Name one 'rich alumni' who would really impact the school in the amount of money they NEED. (Millions)
2. Which alumni kids would go to STL that arent already there? where are they all hiding?
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

KindergartenCop

Undftd wrote:1. Name one 'rich alumni' who would really impact the school in the amount of money they NEED. (Millions)
2. Which alumni kids would go to STL that arent already there? where are they all hiding?
Who said anything about rich. Hard working alumnus who are willing to help with tuition for student athletes who wish to attend STL who are not financially able. Last I checked the alumni just co signed a loan for the school in the Millions. To name any one alumni would be disrespecting the other alumnus who are willing to give and or can only give $10.00. The tone of STL brotherhood. Who will be sending there sons will be forthwith in a few years. I was referring to the younger generation entering the 7th and 8th grades and working through the schools ranks. Nun the less STL has more than enought talent in the next three years the be very competitive in the ILH.

I would not take them to lightly. Final Missing ingredient COACHING. Answer Cal and company...

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Shift of power IF.........o

Post by Getreal$ »

If they keep the JV QB Tua they'll be in good shape for a while. That guy is a sure-fire FBS QB.[/quote]

Heard he will stay if Cal Lee came back and a lot of alumni sons would be enrolling if the announcement is made. Tua is the real deal. May give Ryder a run for the staring job as a sophomore.[/quote]

Interesting post on Ryder competing with a JV QB for the starting job, worth following next season. I will, however, make this comment based on my observations and of hearing from other parents who often times compare JV players to Varsity players. Your best sophomores are playing varsity, for the most part, and are competing with juniors and seniors, to put it simple, playing up. I hear parents all the time comment on how great a certain JV player is and how he/she dominated a JV game. To say that a sophomore QB will be competing with a seasoned QB like Ryder (who will be in his third year at the varsity level) for a starting position is lofty expectations. The speed, strength, and physical abilities of these varsity football and basketball players cannot be compared to the JV level of play, more so when some of these ILH players were held back a year and are actually mature men when they are seniors. I've seen year after year dominant JV players being moved up to varsity only to be returned back down to JV for various reasons. Don't get me wrong, QB Tua could very well be the real deal at the JV level, but to think he will compete with a proven ILH varsity quarterback in his first varsity season is yet to be seen.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Shift of power IF.........o

Post by studfinder »

Getreal$ wrote:If they keep the JV QB Tua they'll be in good shape for a while. That guy is a sure-fire FBS QB.
Heard he will stay if Cal Lee came back and a lot of alumni sons would be enrolling if the announcement is made. Tua is the real deal. May give Ryder a run for the staring job as a sophomore.[/quote]

Interesting post on Ryder competing with a JV QB for the starting job, worth following next season. I will, however, make this comment based on my observations and of hearing from other parents who often times compare JV players to Varsity players. Your best sophomores are playing varsity, for the most part, and are competing with juniors and seniors, to put it simple, playing up. I hear parents all the time comment on how great a certain JV player is and how he/she dominated a JV game. To say that a sophomore QB will be competing with a seasoned QB like Ryder (who will be in his third year at the varsity level) for a starting position is lofty expectations. The speed, strength, and physical abilities of these varsity football and basketball players cannot be compared to the JV level of play, more so when some of these ILH players were held back a year and are actually mature men when they are seniors. I've seen year after year dominant JV players being moved up to varsity only to be returned back down to JV for various reasons. Don't get me wrong, QB Tua could very well be the real deal at the JV level, but to think he will compete with a proven ILH varsity quarterback in his first varsity season is yet to be seen.[/quote]

Wasn't Andrew Manley at Leilehua a JV player also brought up to the varsity level and was an instant success? If Tua has talent, that is all he needs. It is not unusual for any JV quarterback to be moved up to varsity and be successful, it is not common, but not unusual.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Andrew Manley was a starter from his sophomore year playing varsity. My point is, calling a kid the real deal after a JV season and then comparing him to Ryder, who was a part time varsity starter as a sophomore and a full time starter as a junior, is like comparing apples and oranges. Could it happen.....yes it could, but as I stated, lets wait and see. JV is not the same as varsity.

KindergartenCop

Getreal$ wrote:Andrew Manley was a starter from his sophomore year playing varsity. My point is, calling a kid the real deal after a JV season and then comparing him to Ryder, who was a part time varsity starter as a sophomore and a full time starter as a junior, is like comparing apples and oranges. Could it happen.....yes it could, but as I stated, lets wait and see. JV is not the same as varsity.
Larry Tuileta, Reese Froy all started as sophomores. Tua is by far, further along than both of them as a sophomore. Will he dethrone Ryder? It'll be a long shot but a shot. I thought Ryder should have started over Garcia. This will keep Ryder on his toes and not sit back and cruz. Either way STL is set at QB for a few year.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Punahou to strong for weak saints...position for position lmfaoooo saints is a joke...the only reason saint Louis was any good was because of the kids from kalihi...after this season Punahou might have a mediocre season coz they'll lose a lot to graduation...

KindergartenCop

Swag43 wrote:Punahou to strong for weak saints...position for position lmfaoooo saints is a joke...the only reason saint Louis was any good was because of the kids from kalihi...after this season Punahou might have a mediocre season coz they'll lose a lot to graduation...
Swag43, are we conceding the 2014 season so early. Not the mighty Puns.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

KindergartenCop wrote:
Swag43 wrote:Punahou to strong for weak saints...position for position lmfaoooo saints is a joke...the only reason saint Louis was any good was because of the kids from kalihi...after this season Punahou might have a mediocre season coz they'll lose a lot to graduation...
Nope 2015 season...2014 the Buffs easily in the states...

KindergartenCop

Swag43 wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
Nope 2015 season...2014 the Buffs easily in the states...
Just checking your resolve.

Cal Lee will make things interesting this coming season. STL meets #1 in the nation Saint John Bosco (Max Prep) in August at Aloha Stadium. That should set the tone for the season to come.