The All-State All-Talent Team

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Re: The All-State All-Talent Team

Post by KindergartenCop »

Swag43 wrote:Not to be rude or anything but Kobayashi ain't no where near Stublefield and K. Noa...not even close to Noa with a hard cast...
This is the point I'm tying to make you will never know if he was better than either of them this past year because he was never given the chance to prove himself. 32 passes thrown his way all season. He sat on the bench for most of the season.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

you are right.........very talented. But he did sit for a reason............like others that brought it up, too many drops. Flat out drops. It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't deliver. I saw two TD drops against Kahuku. The braddah was wide open because of talent.

KindergartenCop

[quote="TheDuke"]you are right.........very talented. But he did sit for a reason............like others that brought it up, too many drops. Flat out drops. It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't deliver. I saw two TD drops against Kahuku. The braddah was wide open because of talent.[/quote

True has a lot to work on with concentration. I saw clean drops from K. Noa and Arogon in the clear with no one around its all relitive. What about the first Kamehameha game before the half. One handed spin around catch for a 45+ TD. and the over the head catch and dragging two Kam DB's about ten yard and almost scoring again in the same game. We need to say good plays to.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Well could've would've should've doesn't prove anything...Mililani's QB threw some perfect passes in the State championship...maybe he should go be part of the super sophomores over there...I know for sure K. Noa or Stublefield would've took those throws to the house...

KindergartenCop

Swag43 wrote:Well could've would've should've doesn't prove anything...Mililani's QB threw some perfect passes in the State championship...maybe he should go be part of the super sophomores over there...I know for sure K. Noa or Stublefield would've took those throws to the house...

Yes you have great points. Noa and Stublefield would have taken it to the house on those missed throws and yes Kobayashi is not quite there yet and may never get there (as good as Noa and Stubs) we could debate one one player till next season, but this thread is about a dream team that he would take to the mainland and compete. All I was trying to convey to you all is STATS are easily controlled by coaches and does not always give the full picture of how talented a player is. Take for instance #8 Lee from Punahou's last years team. He had great talent and should have been targeted a lot more but barely got a pass thrown his way. Was he as good (talant) as Noa. We will never know. Could've would've should've doesn't prove anything, as you put it. To me last years Punahou team was way more talented than this years Punahou team. They should have blown Kahuku out in last years state title game If they would have been more balanced and spread the ball around. Could've would've should've doesn't prove anything.

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

@swag43, your o-line, though impressive, lacks talent. Dane Chung is more talented and stronger than that 5 that you listed. You went with size not talent. None of the linemen you mentioned controlled the o-line as well as Chung. Uluave is a good player who got exposed by smaller quicker players. Kapoi is the best of the bunch as talent goes. There are way more talented and dominating players.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Hawaii78 wrote:@swag43, your o-line, though impressive, lacks talent. Dane Chung is more talented and stronger than that 5 that you listed. You went with size not talent. None of the linemen you mentioned controlled the o-line as well as Chung. Uluave is a good player who got exposed by smaller quicker players. Kapoi is the best of the bunch as talent goes. There are way more talented and dominating players.

Your right I went with Size...lol I was tryna keep it Punahou integrity...lol alright Uluave out Davis moves to guard and Chung who is the most dominant center this year takes his rightful place at center...Boom now Tuileta has an almost complete makeover as his bodyguards...and hey I've got brothers on the team...:)

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I would add Chung to the team.

Ulu-Perry dominated defensive players at the Southern California Nike Camp as a Soph in April 2013. Other OL at the camp were guys already going to USC, Alabama and other Pac10 schools. He tested and went one-on-one with the best in Southern California. Go and read the write-ups by non-local sports writers and college recruiters. St. Louis moved him around LT and RG. USC is talking to him about playing center. He is only a JR. The skinny on him is that he is aggressive, strong and very advanced from a technical perspective. He also plays basketball and shotput in track and field.

I don't think he is more talented then Ulu-Perry. Chung is an outstanding football player and he is deserving of any recognition that he has gotten. I just don't agree with you that he is
more talented and stronger than that 5 that you listed
Here is some of the skinny on Ulu-Perry.

What do you have on Dane Chung? I saw his highlight video.....dominating. But all highlight videos are like that. Other then his highlight video I couldn't find much. I couldn't find much.

From Scout
Ulu-Perry may get overlooked a bit because he’s only 6-2 but there’s no doubt he can play. He has great strength, moves very well and drew raves at the SoCal NIKE Camp for his advanced technique and balance. He's very strong at the point of attack and once he gets his hands on you, it's over. He could be a dominant guard or center at the next level-Biggins

From Student Sports
OL: Fred Ulu Perry Jr. (’15), 6-1, 301, St. Louis (Honolulu, Hawaii)
Results: 26.5″ VJ, 40′ PB
Breakdown: One of the more technically sound offensive linemen in the country, regardless of class, Ulu-Perry went unbeaten through one-on-ones, and played with the edge you like to see in interior linemen. Ulu-Perry already holds a Hawaii offer, but expect that list to grow this spring.

RIVALS
Rated Top 5 OL in the Class of 2015
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/qu ... =2015&qs=1

FOOTBALL STARS OF TOMORROW
MEASURABLE'S
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 310 lbs
: * SPEED = 4.70 - 40YD.
: * AGILITY = 5.20 - Shuttle.
: * STRENGTH = 365lbs - BP.
: * POWER = 405lbs - Squat.

FST RATING: ****

PIAA Website
Statistics
40-time: 5.33
Vertical: 26.5"
Bench: 225 x 16
Squat: 455
Hand Span: 10" Arm Length: 32"
Broad Jump: 8'

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

KindergartenCop wrote:
TheDuke wrote:you are right.........very talented. But he did sit for a reason............like others that brought it up, too many drops. Flat out drops. It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't deliver. I saw two TD drops against Kahuku. The braddah was wide open because of talent.[/quote

True has a lot to work on with concentration. I saw clean drops from K. Noa and Arogon in the clear with no one around its all relitive. What about the first Kamehameha game before the half. One handed spin around catch for a 45+ TD. and the over the head catch and dragging two Kam DB's about ten yard and almost scoring again in the same game. We need to say good plays to.

you forgot to mention that Noa was wearing a Fricken CAST! i mean Noa and stub were on thier own level, stubble was faster thats not debatable but i think noa caught it better in traffic. just my two cents though.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

KindergartenCop

Undftd wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
TheDuke wrote:you are right.........very talented. But he did sit for a reason............like others that brought it up, too many drops. Flat out drops. It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't deliver. I saw two TD drops against Kahuku. The braddah was wide open because of talent.[/quote

you forgot to mention that Noa was wearing a Fricken CAST! i mean Noa and stub were on thier own level, stubble was faster thats not debatable but i think noa caught it better in traffic. just my two cents though.
Sorry guys. I thought we were done talking about Kobayashi. You guys are right Kobayashi sucks and should never be considered in the same class as K.Noa and Stubs. The DROPS I was talking about was the first game Punahou played STL. A huge drop over the middle behind STL's safeties NO FRICKEN CAST. Look we can pick apart all the players mention and find faults in all of them. I see now that you guys love and are proud of you alma mater and this type of banter is not what I'm looking for. This is now becoming to personal for me. Not knowing any of these kids personally, give me no right to pick on or prop them up. You guys are PASSIONATE I give you that, defend to the end...

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

TheDuke wrote:I would add Chung to the team.

Ulu-Perry dominated defensive players at the Southern California Nike Camp as a Soph in April 2013. Other OL at the camp were guys already going to USC, Alabama and other Pac10 schools. He tested and went one-on-one with the best in Southern California. Go and read the write-ups by non-local sports writers and college recruiters. St. Louis moved him around LT and RG. USC is talking to him about playing center. He is only a JR. The skinny on him is that he is aggressive, strong and very advanced from a technical perspective. He also plays basketball and shotput in track and field.

I don't think he is more talented then Ulu-Perry. Chung is an outstanding football player and he is deserving of any recognition that he has gotten. I just don't agree with you that he is
more talented and stronger than that 5 that you listed
Here is some of the skinny on Ulu-Perry.

What do you have on Dane Chung? I saw his highlight video.....dominating. But all highlight videos are like that. Other then his highlight video I couldn't find much. I couldn't find much.

From Scout
Ulu-Perry may get overlooked a bit because he’s only 6-2 but there’s no doubt he can play. He has great strength, moves very well and drew raves at the SoCal NIKE Camp for his advanced technique and balance. He's very strong at the point of attack and once he gets his hands on you, it's over. He could be a dominant guard or center at the next level-Biggins

From Student Sports
OL: Fred Ulu Perry Jr. (’15), 6-1, 301, St. Louis (Honolulu, Hawaii)
Results: 26.5″ VJ, 40′ PB
Breakdown: One of the more technically sound offensive linemen in the country, regardless of class, Ulu-Perry went unbeaten through one-on-ones, and played with the edge you like to see in interior linemen. Ulu-Perry already holds a Hawaii offer, but expect that list to grow this spring.

RIVALS
Rated Top 5 OL in the Class of 2015
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/qu ... =2015&qs=1

FOOTBALL STARS OF TOMORROW
MEASURABLE'S
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 310 lbs
: * SPEED = 4.70 - 40YD.
: * AGILITY = 5.20 - Shuttle.
: * STRENGTH = 365lbs - BP.
: * POWER = 405lbs - Squat.

FST RATING: ****

PIAA Website
Statistics
40-time: 5.33
Vertical: 26.5"
Bench: 225 x 16
Squat: 455
Hand Span: 10" Arm Length: 32"
Broad Jump: 8'
You better check on Chung more carefully, he had the most reps @ 225 than anybody at the PIAA combines. He went undefeated at the combines for the one on one competition and the best in the state went against him on the line. Remember Ulu-Perry is heavier, taller, but didn't lift as much as Chung. About this combines at colleges, same people rated the kid from Kapolei as being number one in the state for the DL, but he only got honorable mention for all-state. As I said, Chung is stronger and lighter than the five that was listed and his technique is awesome. That camp that Chung attends (Brian Derby) has brought out some amazing linemen throughout the years. Chung is a legitimate player, too bad that he is too short to be noticed by the D-1 colleges, but any div.2 or NAIA will land a great catch if they recruit him.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

You better check on Chung more carefully, he had the most reps @ 225 than anybody at the PIAA combines.
Thanks for the feedback. I did check under Kaiwi Chung and I did find more info. He is a beast. It is too bad he doesn't have the measureables. Like I mentioned he should be on this team. But just my opinion the other 5 guys are just as deserving and I wouldn't say that one is better then the other 5.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Swag43 wrote:Well could've would've should've doesn't prove anything...Mililani's QB threw some perfect passes in the State championship...maybe he should go be part of the super sophomores over there...I know for sure K. Noa or Stublefield would've took those throws to the house...
Yuppers if mililani had those kinda receivers because to me Milton is a very talented QB

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

KindergartenCop wrote:

Yes you have great points. Noa and Stublefield would have taken it to the house on those missed throws and yes Kobayashi is not quite there yet and may never get there (as good as Noa and Stubs) we could debate one one player till next season, but this thread is about a dream team that he would take to the mainland and compete. All I was trying to convey to you all is STATS are easily controlled by coaches and does not always give the full picture of how talented a player is. Take for instance #8 Lee from Punahou's last years team. He had great talent and should have been targeted a lot more but barely got a pass thrown his way. Was he as good (talant) as Noa. We will never know. Could've would've should've doesn't prove anything, as you put it. To me last years Punahou team was way more talented than this years Punahou team. They should have blown Kahuku out in last years state title game If they would have been more balanced and spread the ball around. Could've would've should've doesn't prove anything.

How is that punahou should've blown out kahuku? Do you know how tough kahuku defense was last year?

KindergartenCop

harus0ra wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:

How is that punahou should've blown out kahuku? Do you know how tough kahuku defense was last year?
Oops your right I don't think they would have. Trying to be sarcastic but used a wrong example. Kahuku was stout that year.