2014 transfers

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
chasingchampionships
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2014 transfers

Post by chasingchampionships »

expect to see A LOT of transfers into st louis. cal's got the alumni backing and word is they're going to be opening up their check books to start bringing in some of the best players in the state.

Link

LET'S GO BOWS!

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Unless they come in prior to entering high school (or are returning to Saint Louis after a year away), they are going to have to sit out a year. Given that an ILH football player has only 3 years to compete, I'm not sure how many are willing to give up one-third of their time. They must be very dedicated to want to be a Crusader if they do.

mycall
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by mycall »

BowTow wrote:I believe that Waianae loses more kids to private schools and transfers to other public schools than any other community.
Don't forget about Campbell. Look at all of their loss transfers this year

QB - Kalanimoku Pauole (Leilehua)
RB - Triston Pebria (Kapolei)
WR - Bronson Ader (Mililani)
DB - Makaio Hompeau-Lampatioc, i think that's how you spell it lol (Kaiser)
UTIL - Canaan Saole (Kaiser)

Pauole was Leilehua's saving grace once they figured out the Eberhardt experiment was a huge failure. Kapolei was the worst passing team ever in the OIA this year, even worse than Waipahu. Pebria was the majority of their offense. They lose him and maybe they don't make the playoffs. Ader was Milililani's quarterback's favorite target all year long. If they don't have him then their bubble screen game would be lacking. You could make an argument that he helped Milton grow early on in the season. Canaan Saole was a beast playing both ways. He had a monster game against Lahainaluna, on defense and running the ball. If Kaiser doesn't have him, they don't advance and win their "championship"

You add all of this together and wonder what could have been Campbell's potential if they had all stayed.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

mycall wrote:
BowTow wrote:I believe that Waianae loses more kids to private schools and transfers to other public schools than any other community.

Pauole was Leilehua's saving grace once they figured out the Eberhardt experiment was a huge failure. Kapolei was the worst passing team ever in the OIA this year, even worse than Waipahu. Pebria was the majority of their offense. They lose him and maybe they don't make the playoffs. Ader was Milililani's quarterback's favorite target all year long. If they don't have him then their bubble screen game would be lacking. You could make an argument that he helped Milton grow early on in the season. Canaan Saole was a beast playing both ways. He had a monster game against Lahainaluna, on defense and running the ball. If Kaiser doesn't have him, they don't advance and win their "championship"

You add all of this together and wonder what could have been Campbell's potential if they had all stayed.
Campbell in itself has a lot of talented kids from around the area, even after losing all the above mentioned kids, they still made the playoffs. Only problem, Isaac Hurd is a huge lost for the program. I don't know who was his back up or how the JV QB did, but he will be sorely missed. Kapolei's defense will be lost to graduation, offense line is without Kapoi, another big loss. Mililani will have a lot of returners even after losing Afele, Padello, and Furuta on defense. Their offense is solid with key returners.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

studfinder wrote:
mycall wrote:

Campbell in itself has a lot of talented kids from around the area, even after losing all the above mentioned kids, they still made the playoffs. Only problem, Isaac Hurd is a huge lost for the program. I don't know who was his back up or how the JV QB did, but he will be sorely missed. Kapolei's defense will be lost to graduation, offense line is without Kapoi, another big loss. Mililani will have a lot of returners even after losing Afele, Padello, and Furuta on defense. Their offense is solid with key returners.
I think Mililani will have no problem filling those defensive spots. Even in the absence of Furuta in the playoffs, the defense still dominated. The big upside to Mililani's D is the two DTs who are coming back. The offense will fine tune themselves and come out even better this year. A scary thought considering how dominant they were last year. Yes they did self destruct vs Punahou, but this year should be a different story. I hope they play either STL or PUN during the preseason.

agent g
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by agent g »

Been hearing from the network that up to 6 Waianae players has transferred to Kapolei, a couple prospects too. Anyone can confirm? Anybody else hear updates on other schools gaining or losing players?

Tmanz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Tmanz »

Dang. Its a dod eat dog world

agent g
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by agent g »

Crazy to think that they are transferring to another public school. I can see to a private school but public? It is a dog eat dog world. If the kid can play the scouts will find them, especially in today's world. This isn't 25-30 years ago where everything you had to send video out through snail mail. That's too bad because the loyalty isn't there anymore. Tough for a kid to play 3 years at one school and then transfer their senior year. Funny because Waianae loses a lot if kids, but end up competing anyways. Always putting up a fight in most games and still tough to beat.

In other news... Is there an investigation going on at Kaiser? I heard that from a friend.

agent g
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by agent g »

Just saw on Rob Demello's twitter that a linemen by the name of Donovan Faoa Kelley, a star linemen for Hilo last year is now enrolled at Mililani…the recruiting is still going strong.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

agent g wrote:Just saw on Rob Demello's twitter that a linemen by the name of Donovan Faoa Kelley, a star linemen for Hilo last year is now enrolled at Mililani…the recruiting is still going strong.
WR/SB/RB......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdKh7jJWUoU

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Mililani can't get enough...they trying to recruit now because they only have Milton and malepeai for two more years and it's the only time they can win a championship. Bravo coach York

tuitech
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by tuitech »

Donavan Kelley's transfer to Mililani had nothing and I say nothing to do with football. His mother lives in Mililani and it was a good way for Donavan to get out of Hilo and concentrate on his grades, attitude and his academic future! The opportunities Donavan will have by attending Mililani are substantially greater there. My job as his parent is to get him into an atmosphere that gives him the greatest chance to succeed.

Donavan's performance at Hilo academically was greatly less than stellar and I know he can do better. He knows he can do better! I believe in him wholeheartedly. Donavan hopes with the help of Mililani High to do better academically and maybe contribute something back on the football field. At this point he isn't even assured a place on the football team. He will have to earn it! Donavan's transfer to Mililani has more to do with graduation than any sport he may participate in. Something I felt was in jeopardy if he stayed at Hilo!

Donavan loves to play football and I love to watch him play! However, football is not at the center of either one of our universes!

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

tuitech wrote:Donavan loves to play football and I love to watch him play! However, football is not at the center of either one of our universes!
That's great to hear because most parents are delusional when it comes to thinking about their kid's chances of playing college football! 98% of all high school athlete's will never play college sports at any level.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Big Island transfers:

QB/WR Donavan Kelly (Hilo) to Mililani
DL/OL Defensive POY Makoa Chopa (konawaena) to Honokaa
FB/LB Kili Pomroy (Keaau) to Hilo

Other impact players are rumored to be moving schools but not confirmed as of yet.

blitz_mentalityb4b
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by blitz_mentalityb4b »

"QB - Kalanimoku Pauole (Leilehua)

You add all of this together and wonder what could have been Campbell's potential if they had all stayed."

Kalani Paumaole should return to Campbell with the offensive weapons that Campbell will surround whoever leads them at QB next year. At Leilehua, he must compete with Neverson? (Leilehua JV QB 2 years ago, impact player for them towards the end of the season), competition is not necessarily a bad thing for him. Regardless, I like Paumaole and his skill set at QB...