Top 10 for next year

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Squid Diver
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Top 10 for next year

Post by Squid Diver »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:But then, what about Mililani's defensive unit? It kept the Buffanblu RB in check the whole night too, right? Let's give Mililani's D and D-staff more credit. By the way, I agree with your Top 4, but I think Farrington is ranked too high. I would rank Farrington #9.
Mililani's defense is excellent. To me, Mililani's offensive game plan was defeated from the start. I give them credit for throwing the kitchen sink with all the 4th down to go plays, trick plays, etc. In the end, they had no real scheme to counter Punahou. Not many teams had an answer for that defense.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

Squid Diver wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:But then, what about Mililani's defensive unit? It kept the Buffanblu RB in check the whole night too, right? Let's give Mililani's D and D-staff more credit. By the way, I agree with your Top 4, but I think Farrington is ranked too high. I would rank Farrington #9.
Mililani's defense is excellent. To me, Mililani's offensive game plan was defeated from the start. I give them credit for throwing the kitchen sink with all the 4th down to go plays, trick plays, etc. In the end, they had no real scheme to counter Punahou. Not many teams had an answer for that defense.
The only team to beat punahou's spread offense is Kahuku. They got pressure so fast tui had no time to throw the ball, but no other team has really been able to do that since. I give the world of credit to Reggie torres, both 2011 and 2012 he out coached punahou but this year just wasnt the red raiders year, they will be back though for sure.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

Undftd wrote:
Squid Diver wrote:
The only team to beat punahou's spread offense is Kahuku. They got pressure so fast tui had no time to throw the ball, but no other team has really been able to do that since. I give the world of credit to Reggie torres, both 2011 and 2012 he out coached punahou but this year just wasnt the red raiders year, they will be back though for sure.
Yeah, but they recruit!

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

Undftd wrote:
Squid Diver wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Yeah, but they recruit!
I posted this in another thread, punahou has 11 starters from manoa, is that recruiting? or the 3 from hawaii kai? the 1 from kahala? the 2 from waianae?

Oh no not diversity!
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Undftd wrote: I posted this in another thread, punahou has 11 starters from manoa, is that recruiting? or the 3 from hawaii kai? the 1 from kahala? the 2 from waianae?

Oh no not diversity!
Thats 15 starters from east honolulu which is a region for punahou that we can generously consider homegrown.

You cant win a football game with 15 players so the remainder 7 (11 offense/ 11 defense) had to be recruited from other regions and I bet without those 7 recruits you end up putting 7 manoa bench warmers which will be a big drop off in talent and puns dont even win the ILH.

Mililani got like 17 homegrown starters but wouldnt have won the OIA without the 5 superstar recruits.
-------------------

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

There is no home area for any independent school. That's why it's an independent school

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
Undftd wrote: I posted this in another thread, punahou has 11 starters from manoa, is that recruiting? or the 3 from hawaii kai? the 1 from kahala? the 2 from waianae?

Oh no not diversity!
Thats 15 starters from east honolulu which is a region for punahou that we can generously consider homegrown.

You cant win a football game with 15 players so the remainder 7 (11 offense/ 11 defense) had to be recruited from other regions and I bet without those 7 recruits you end up putting 7 manoa bench warmers which will be a big drop off in talent and puns dont even win the ILH.

Mililani got like 17 homegrown starters but wouldnt have won the OIA without the 5 superstar recruits.
oh really? Mililani doesnt recruit, your gonna say that right now? that is a joke i admit punahou brings kids in but to say mililani didnt is just being stupid.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

crusaderbangah808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by crusaderbangah808 »

people need to shut up with this recruiting poop. its been around for a while but now everyone is finding out about it. and who cares if they recruit , its Legal!
The only people who are going to grumble is the salty people. so just shut up if you don't know.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Undftd wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:

Oh no not diversity!

oh really? Mililani doesnt recruit, your gonna say that right now? that is a joke i admit punahou brings kids in but to say mililani didnt is just being stupid.
can you point out where in my previous post that says "mililani doesnt recruit"
I was simply throwing punahou and mililani under the bus for recruiting their way to championships (ilh/oia)

read my previous post CAREFULLY and do the simple math...17/22 mililani starters homegrown leaving 5 that were recruited. They dont win the OIA's without those 5 recruits!
-------------------

westsidepride
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by westsidepride »

crusaderbangah808 wrote:people need to shut up with this recruiting poop. its been around for a while but now everyone is finding out about it. and who cares if they recruit , its Legal!
The only people who are going to grumble is the salty people. so just shut up if you don't know.
St. Louis in the 80's and 90's was the worst in recruiting, even low academic kids, just to play football . . . Oh! and I know, both of my cousins played there and they weren't smart in the least, but damn good ballers. Imua Kamehameha!!

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

Something to remember...you don't need a Geographic Exemption (GE) to attend a private school. Just something to consider when comparing Punahou recruiting to Mililani recruiting.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

MauiGuy wrote:Something to remember...you don't need a Geographic Exemption (GE) to attend a private school. Just something to consider when comparing Punahou recruiting to Mililani recruiting.
But if you are transferring from public to private, you are required to wait a calendar year to play to the same sport.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Does Cal and Ron's return change any of your ranking for 2014?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I have not done a 2014 rank yet,cuz it's way to early,but let me say this about Cal and Ron coming to St.Louis.....

I don't see St.Louis as deserving of a NO.1 Preseason ranking for a few reasons.Most of ST.Louis' returning talent is on offense.I believe there are definitely some defensive concerns for the Crusaders this coming fall. In my view,Ron Lee has more to work with in Ulu-Perry,Goeas,Kuhns,Cui,and Kobayashi on offense,than Cal Lee will have to work with on defense. Punahou will still have a stacked defense with at least six playmakers back,plus Uluave,Taulapapa,and Noa back on offense,

To put it more simply,Punahou just needs to find a Russell Wilson to be the QB and be the Seahawks of Hawaii HS football next year, As I see it, St.Louis looks like they are going to be the Hawaii HS version of the Denver Broncos,all offense and not enough defense.

As for Kamehameha,they have less coming back than either Punahou or St.Louis...Warriors might be third in ILH D-I this fall.

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

unpaid wrote:I have not done a 2014 rank yet,cuz it's way to early,but let me say this about Cal and Ron coming to St.Louis.....

I don't see St.Louis as deserving of a NO.1 Preseason ranking for a few reasons.Most of ST.Louis' returning talent is on offense.I believe there are definitely some defensive concerns for the Crusaders this coming fall. In my view,Ron Lee has more to work with in Ulu-Perry,Goeas,Kuhns,Cui,and Kobayashi on offense,than Cal Lee will have to work with on defense. Punahou will still have a stacked defense with at least six playmakers back,plus Uluave,Taulapapa,and Noa back on offense,

To put it more simply,Punahou just needs to find a Russell Wilson to be the QB and be the Seahawks of Hawaii HS football next year, As I see it, St.Louis looks like they are going to be the Hawaii HS version of the Denver Broncos,all offense and not enough defense.

As for Kamehameha,they have less coming back than either Punahou or St.Louis...Warriors might be third in ILH D-I this fall.
As much as it pains me to say this about my Saints but your right. I think the advantage is still in Punahou's favor for 2014. BUT I think Ron will get the boys on offense playing at much higher level than the 2013 offense. Yes Cal has his work cut out for him not much left there to work with.

WHAT IF THEY PLAYED BOTH WAYS?

Just a thought..