Top 10 for next year

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
cmak808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Top 10 for next year

Post by cmak808 »

an early look at the top 10 for next year
1- St.Louis...should be loaded..Will need better coaching
2- Kahuku..was young this year..should also be loaded..a lot of players return
3-Mililani..Will have to recruit a lot of defensive players for next year..
4-Kamehameha...one year under cosbie system should help
5-Campbell..assuming amosa is back----
6-Waianae.. aalways start strong..May be losing some players to transfers
7-Farrington..can they finally get over the hump.better hope vehoko stays
8-Leilehua-should've beaten Mililani in playoffs..Nolan will get them going..
9-Kapolei..transfers will help big time if all this talk of players transferring there is true
10-Kaiser..D1 now

dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Top 10 for next year

Post by dirtylickens »

cmak808 wrote:an early look at the top 10 for next year
9-Kapolei..transfers will help big time if all this talk of players transferring there is true
10-Kaiser..D1 now

Is there a reason you don't have the defending Division 1 State champions in your top ten? you have the Division 2 state champions, but not the division 1. I understand punahou has alot of haters out there. But this is just out of control.

1. Punahou- Defending State champs. They will not have a Tuileta at QB but a returning defense that is STACKED, and offensive weapons in Talaupapa and Noa. I dont see any other team overtaking them as #1 to start the season. I understand their are other teams with alot of returners, but you have to give respect to the defending champs.

2. Kamehameha- Another year under Cosbie. Simao, and Sua-Godinet returning to run the offense and Mika Tafua and company back to anchor a solid defensive unit. They are graduating a few from their secondary if im not mistaken, so it will be interesting to see how they do in the ILH, where everyone airs the ball out. I like them to give Punahou a run for the ILH title, but watch out for STL as well. They might be a dark horse for the State Title with a loaded returning class.

3. Mililani- You pay them respect just as you did to Punahou for at least making it a game at the end of the state tourney. They graduate A BUNCH of "recruited" seniors. Their defense will need some help outside of their two studs in Manu and Silva on the DL. Their offense will return Milton and Malepeai, with a few hogs up front to keep the offense going smoothly. They need an outside threat with Ader graduating, but you give them this ranking out of respect. and I think they will do well in the OIA west.

4. St. Louis- Ryder Kuhns, Allen Cui, and Ulu-Perry are all returning just to name a few. They will be in an already loaded OIA so i think its unfair to only see one go into the state tourney. They do graduate both of their corners if im not mistaken, so like Kamehameha, we'll see how they do without Noa and company. They are graduating who i believe to be the most dangerous receiver in the state, Stubblefield. He isnt the best, but he is the most dangerous.

5. Kahuku- After a rebuilding year, they return quite a few players with Matagi-Wily and Afalava running the offense. as usual, Kahuku will plug together another LARGE offensive line and rush the ball against any and every defense they face. I see them coming out of the east and making a run at another state title.

6. Campbell- This one is hard for me. I love Amosa's offense but he is losing Hurd and quite a few offensive playmakers. I do believe that Matautia is quite a pleasure to watch. With the huge population in Ewa Beach i think amosa will find some playmakers to fill into his awesome offensive schemes.

7. Farrington- With or without Fehoko, they will return a 3 year starter at QB, and a solid offensive line that looks to give him time and open holes for another RB that they will find in their barns. Without Lavatai, it will be interesting if they give Liana more freedom in the offense to throw the ball. But they have lost a bunch of defensive players in Williams and Heimuli. Look for Boyd to play both ways in order to add some speed to a receiving core that is lacking in my opinion.

8. Leilehua- They always seem to be in the mix at the end of the year. I think they put together a solid team but will be behind Amosa and York in the west. We'll see if even Waianae can make some noise.

9. Kapolei- With all of this talk of recruiting, we forget that Hernandez might be the biggest recruiter in the state. Since taking over the program, i think he has been bringing guys in for a while. I think they will have a chance to be a competitor. The west should be wide open.

10. Kaiser- By the slightest of edges. I like Waianae, but i think you have to give this spot to Miano and the cougars. They are moving into a OIA Red East that is top heavy with Kahuku and Farrington. I think they will have a hard time replacing some play makers in this senior class. But i think they'll find some others to fill slots.

Just in my opinion. I couldnt handle that cmak808 didnt have the defending division 1 state champs in his top ten.... i decided to throw one together. I do believe that the ILH is more depth than the OIA and they do deserve a second team in the tournament. Either way, next year should be another great year for us High school football fans.

yougotmayo

Post by yougotmayo »

dirtylickens wrote:
cmak808 wrote:an early look at the top 10 for next year
10-Kaiser..D1 now

Is there a reason you don't have the defending Division 1 State champions in your top ten? you have the Division 2 state champions, but not the division 1. I understand punahou has alot of haters out there. But this is just out of control.

1. Punahou- Defending State champs. They will not have a Tuileta at QB but a returning defense that is STACKED, and offensive weapons in Talaupapa and Noa. I dont see any other team overtaking them as #1 to start the season. I understand their are other teams with alot of returners, but you have to give respect to the defending champs.

2. Kamehameha- Another year under Cosbie. Simao, and Sua-Godinet returning to run the offense and Mika Tafua and company back to anchor a solid defensive unit. They are graduating a few from their secondary if im not mistaken, so it will be interesting to see how they do in the ILH, where everyone airs the ball out. I like them to give Punahou a run for the ILH title, but watch out for STL as well. They might be a dark horse for the State Title with a loaded returning class.

3. Mililani- You pay them respect just as you did to Punahou for at least making it a game at the end of the state tourney. They graduate A BUNCH of "recruited" seniors. Their defense will need some help outside of their two studs in Manu and Silva on the DL. Their offense will return Milton and Malepeai, with a few hogs up front to keep the offense going smoothly. They need an outside threat with Ader graduating, but you give them this ranking out of respect. and I think they will do well in the OIA west.

4. St. Louis- Ryder Kuhns, Allen Cui, and Ulu-Perry are all returning just to name a few. They will be in an already loaded OIA so i think its unfair to only see one go into the state tourney. They do graduate both of their corners if im not mistaken, so like Kamehameha, we'll see how they do without Noa and company. They are graduating who i believe to be the most dangerous receiver in the state, Stubblefield. He isnt the best, but he is the most dangerous.

5. Kahuku- After a rebuilding year, they return quite a few players with Matagi-Wily and Afalava running the offense. as usual, Kahuku will plug together another LARGE offensive line and rush the ball against any and every defense they face. I see them coming out of the east and making a run at another state title.

6. Campbell- This one is hard for me. I love Amosa's offense but he is losing Hurd and quite a few offensive playmakers. I do believe that Matautia is quite a pleasure to watch. With the huge population in Ewa Beach i think amosa will find some playmakers to fill into his awesome offensive schemes.

7. Farrington- With or without Fehoko, they will return a 3 year starter at QB, and a solid offensive line that looks to give him time and open holes for another RB that they will find in their barns. Without Lavatai, it will be interesting if they give Liana more freedom in the offense to throw the ball. But they have lost a bunch of defensive players in Williams and Heimuli. Look for Boyd to play both ways in order to add some speed to a receiving core that is lacking in my opinion.

8. Leilehua- They always seem to be in the mix at the end of the year. I think they put together a solid team but will be behind Amosa and York in the west. We'll see if even Waianae can make some noise.

9. Kapolei- With all of this talk of recruiting, we forget that Hernandez might be the biggest recruiter in the state. Since taking over the program, i think he has been bringing guys in for a while. I think they will have a chance to be a competitor. The west should be wide open.

10. Kaiser- By the slightest of edges. I like Waianae, but i think you have to give this spot to Miano and the cougars. They are moving into a OIA Red East that is top heavy with Kahuku and Farrington. I think they will have a hard time replacing some play makers in this senior class. But i think they'll find some others to fill slots.

Just in my opinion. I couldnt handle that cmak808 didnt have the defending division 1 state champs in his top ten.... i decided to throw one together. I do believe that the ILH is more depth than the OIA and they do deserve a second team in the tournament. Either way, next year should be another great year for us High school football fans.
I agree with the second ranking

cmak808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by cmak808 »

brain freeze...too much turkey
I would put punahou after kahuku....they will reload and kale is an awesome coach....

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

lol how do you get brain freeze from eating a turkey? lol

heres my top ten

1- Punahou - if u want to jump over them, beat them
2. Kam - better then mililani but just didnt have the opportunity in the playoffs to prove it
3. St.Louis - better then mililani but just didnt have the opportunity in the playoffs to prove it
4. Miliani - best school in the OIA this year but not on same level of the top 3 ILH schools, everyone below if you want to jump over them, beat them
5. Farrington - runners up in the OIA
6. Campbell - third place OIA
7. Kahuku - fourth place OIA, projections of how good a team will be next year means nothing until you can prove it on the field.
8. Waianae - always tough and ready to battle
9. Leilehua - was good this year but fell short
10. Moanalua - potential to finish 3rd in the east next year.
-------------------

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Simao won't be back. He's transferring. Just kidding, he's graduating. They'll have Apelu back who led the team last year and was injured this season.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

huki-lau-lau wrote:lol how do you get brain freeze from eating a turkey? lol

heres my top ten

2. Kam - better then mililani but just didnt have the opportunity in the playoffs to prove it
3. St.Louis - better then mililani but just didnt have the opportunity in the playoffs to prove it
4. Miliani - best school in the OIA this year but not on same level of the top 3 ILH schools, everyone below if you want to jump over them, beat them
7. Kahuku - fourth place OIA, projections of how good a team will be next year means nothing until you can prove it on the field.
Tough for me to see how Kam and St. Louis were better than Mililani given that the Trojans won their league and played Punahou close (just like St. Louis did). They were in the championship game and the Warriors and Crusaders were not. It doesn't seem right that the top teams in the state are excluded, but that's just the system we currently live in.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

fanoffb wrote:

heres my top ten

Tough for me to see how Kam and St. Louis were better than Mililani given that the Trojans won their league and played Punahou close (just like St. Louis did). They were in the championship game and the Warriors and Crusaders were not. It doesn't seem right that the top teams in the state are excluded, but that's just the system we currently live in.

I agree which is why in my rankings I had them ranked 3rd after Kamehameha and before STL. I do agree that is tough to rank them there because of their success this season, but when I look at the senior class they're losing this year, and the returnees for Kamehameha I gave them the slight edge. My rankings are for next year. And I do believe that this year both Kamehameha and St. Louis could have beaten Mililani had they been given the chance.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

cmak808 wrote:brain freeze...too much turkey
I would put punahou after kahuku....they will reload and kale is an awesome coach....
You would put Punahou AFTER Kahuku? Could you tell us why? I mean, personally I like Kahuku more than I do Punahou, but HOW can Kahuku be stronger than Punahou next year?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

fanoffb wrote:

heres my top ten

Well, you can't say, "They (Mililani) were in the championship game and the Warriors and Crusaders were not." I mean, if the ILH gets only ONE school in, how COULD the Warriors and Crusaders be in the state championship game? Doesn't NECESSARILY mean that the Trojans were better than both.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
fanoffb wrote:

heres my top ten

Well, you can't say, "They (Mililani) were in the championship game and the Warriors and Crusaders were not." I mean, if the ILH gets only ONE school in, how COULD the Warriors and Crusaders be in the state championship game? Doesn't NECESSARILY mean that the Trojans were better than both.
You're right, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Trojans were better, however the Warriors and Crusaders had their chance at Punahou. I don't know how you couldn't put the two teams from the championship game not ranked #1 and #2. In 2010, I would argue that St. Louis and Waianae were not the top two teams in the state. But those were the two in the championship game.

I do think I, and others, might be getting off track with the original title of this post, as it is the top 10 for next year. In regards to that, one could certainly put two ILH or two OIA teams as #1 and #2 at the beginning of the year, but at the end of the year, (sorry outer island teams), it's going to be one team from each of those leagues.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Not to belabor the point, but--conveniently enough--MILILANI also had their crack at Punahou. Unless Mililani played head-to-head against Kamehameha or St Louis--which they didn't--you honestly can't say that Mililani was better than both, just because Mililani made it to the state-title game. In other words, Kamehameha or St Louis might have made it to the title game, too, IF they were allowed IN the state tournament.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

You are absolutely correct. I don't dispute that at least one other ILH team should be in the state tourney, but unfortunately that's not going to happen any time soon. A super conference would be another great change, but unfortunately that won't happen either due to politics and personal feelings by those in charge, even though it might be what's best for the spectrum of D-1 football for the state.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

1. Punahou
2. Saint Louis
3. Mililani
4. Kamehameha
5. Leilehua
6. Kahuku
7. Kapolei
8. Waianae
9. Farrington
10. Campbell

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Again,I am just throwing it out there ...there are 23 schools in both divisions. Play your league regular season and interleague games ..then have a 23 team playoff. It can be done without any school going over 15 games in a year.No more questions about who is better than who because the OIA gets more than any other league into football states.

Think about it.