Mililani Rushing Attack Recruited

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Mililani Rushing Attack Recruited

Post by huki-lau-lau »

dirtylickens wrote:

I know quite a few people within the program. And many who are former coaches under Ane. The consensus from what i have been hearing is that he is extremely hard to work with. I am still in shock that he brought in Agenhart Ellis. But the program is as successful as it has ever been. My sources from within the program have told me that Teetai is lost. He has no idea what he is doing when it comes to play calling. He began as a intermediate offensive line coach behind Punahou great Kevin Uperesa, and in a matter of a few years became the D-line coach for the varsity team in 08. Both coaches that were working with the d-line left when he joined the staff, and many that have come in hopes of helping the unit have been either unable to deal with Teetai, or turned down by Kale. I have heard stories of even players approaching him about Teetai, but as with many parents, they dont take well to the criticism of their children. But thats just what i have been hearing from friends within the program. Teetai has been accelerated up the coaching ranks in the hopes that one day Ane can hand it over to his son, similar to what happened between Kale's father and himself. I dont know how the program has gone before, so im not sure whether there were coaches in between Ane Sr. and Kale, but from what i have heard that is the plan for the long term.
holy ish dude, do you know what color underwear teetai is wearing?
-------------------

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

dirtylickens wrote:
whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:Ane's retirement is several years away and anything can happen but I would bet AGAINST Teetai being hired as head coach.

I know quite a few people within the program. And many who are former coaches under Ane. The consensus from what i have been hearing is that he is extremely hard to work with. I am still in shock that he brought in Agenhart Ellis. But the program is as successful as it has ever been. My sources from within the program have told me that Teetai is lost. He has no idea what he is doing when it comes to play calling. He began as a intermediate offensive line coach behind Punahou great Kevin Uperesa, and in a matter of a few years became the D-line coach for the varsity team in 08. Both coaches that were working with the d-line left when he joined the staff, and many that have come in hopes of helping the unit have been either unable to deal with Teetai, or turned down by Kale. I have heard stories of even players approaching him about Teetai, but as with many parents, they dont take well to the criticism of their children. But thats just what i have been hearing from friends within the program. Teetai has been accelerated up the coaching ranks in the hopes that one day Ane can hand it over to his son, similar to what happened between Kale's father and himself. I dont know how the program has gone before, so im not sure whether there were coaches in between Ane Sr. and Kale, but from what i have heard that is the plan for the long term.
Hasn't the team put up big numbers offensively the last couple of years? One could argue that it's because of the toys that he has available, but it's not as if they are drawing plays in the dirt and just playing backyard football. Against Mililani in the championship, notice that two of Punahou's TDs were to wide open receivers. One came from a switch route and the other to a wide open TE in the middle of the field. That can't be all luck and has to be a result of game planning. It seems like the offense has evolved from last year's quick strike, Tuileta throw it deep to Noa, to something more balanced and more innovative. When was the last time we saw a triple veer option? Of course there will be haters and with Tuileta now graduated, we'll see what the offense evolves into now.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Does every topic on here reverts back to Punahou lol & smh...I don't think Punahou should allow Kale to hand off his job when he retires...they should hire the best man for the job though the hiring process...

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

Punahou will do what it always does: have a formal process.

Squid Diver
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Squid Diver »

Really? He just won state championship. They were undefeated. What does that say about the defensive coordinators they played? They incompetent as well? What does that say of Hawaii football?

Yes, like anyone else, he had his challenges in the beginning, I think he got better. Although I'm sure YOU guys can come in from the start and make every correct play call. But for the rest of us humans, we probably would need time and more game experience to get better.

Is their an age requirement for these forums? Academic requirement? There should be.

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Squid Diver wrote:Really? He just won state championship. They were undefeated. What does that say about the defensive coordinators they played? They incompetent as well? What does that say of Hawaii football?

Yes, like anyone else, he had his challenges in the beginning, I think he got better. Although I'm sure YOU guys can come in from the start and make every correct play call. But for the rest of us humans, we probably would need time and more game experience to get better.

Is their an age requirement for these forums? Academic requirement? There should be.

Not clear who you're responding to.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

Squid Diver wrote:Really? He just won state championship. They were undefeated. What does that say about the defensive coordinators they played? They incompetent as well? What does that say of Hawaii football?

I don't think that'd work completely. Older men who might have decent qualifications can still spout off idiocy here. You'd think the biggest hypocrite that's ever posted here were a teenager. Wrong. He was a 50-year old man with kids. If you read said user's posts, you'd agree that he's a major hypocrite.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

With the pieces Tee had any OC could've had success...It was the Defense that really made a difference in this years title run....the front 7 played discipline gap assignment to stop the run...If you look at previous years against Kahuku, they tried slipping blocks instead of taking on blocks...to much kids wanna make plays instead of containing their gap (undicipline that caused big plays)...this year every time Malepeai carried the ball there was a big clog in the middle having him to bounce it outside to those super LBs in Moeai and Lakalaka...to top it off they had a safety who also stuck his nose in on the run game....Punahous defense weak spot is deep...They usually don't have the safeties playing over the top...Stubblefield of Saint Louis took advantage of that....

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:

dirtylickens. Sounds like a personal attack. The people he is talking about just won state and participated in three last three state finals. He is quoting his personal contacts within the program. I'd like to quote my personal contacts: we all love the Ane's, the players love the coaches, they are nurturing wonderful role models.

Sounds like his contacts could be a parent who's kid wasn't good enough to start, so they blame the coaching staff who just won the state title.

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

thx

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Squid Diver wrote:
whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:

dirtylickens. Sounds like a personal attack. The people he is talking about just won state and participated in three last three state finals. He is quoting his personal contacts within the program. I'd like to quote my personal contacts: we all love the Ane's, the players love the coaches, they are nurturing wonderful role models.

Sounds like his contacts could be a parent who's kid wasn't good enough to start, so they blame the coaching staff who just won the state title.
He's talking about Teetai Kale's son...We'll see what Teetai is made of after losing Tuileta...

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

Squid Diver wrote:
whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:

I do not intend for anything to become personal. I am stating what information i know on the topic at hand. Ask anyone with true knowledge about the Punahou situation, how it is to play under Teetai as OC. and then you can contact me to see what i have to say in response. Because Teetai has offensive weapons that can make plays, he was able to have success. And i congratulate them for that success. But i would still take Dr. Kahn over Teetai. nothing personal. Just have information that i dont believe many of fellow bloggers have.

iriehugh
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by iriehugh »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:One question: would York be selling Mililani as hard as he is if he WEREN'T an Iolani graduate? Speaking of which, when Look retires, will York be a candidate to replace him?
You make no sense. Your hate for Iolani makes you look like an :bootyshake: !!! Atleast come up with non-grade school remarks.......or I going tell my daddy!!! HAHAHAHA!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@dirtylickens: Why did Kahn leave?

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:@dirtylickens: Why did Kahn leave?

From what i have heard, he was looking to expand his business. Many of you may know Dr. Kahn is a very well known sports medicine doctor and is even the team dr. for the University of Hawaii football team if im not mistaken. From what i have heard that is why he stepped down.