Mililani Rushing Attack Recruited

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Mililani Rushing Attack Recruited

Post by gridiron22 »

dirtylickens wrote:Lets look at this Mililani monster OL.
Jordan Agasiva FARRINGTON
Practices with the Farrington Governors the entire summer, before joining Mililani before the start of the school year. He has talent, but dont give him to much credit after dominating Kaumatule on a bummed hamstring. Also heard he was a major academic liability at Farrington (but who isnt these days). So i've heard many coaches and administrators question how he's stayed academically eligible at Mililani.

Derick Fetui Suapaia AIEA
Solid talent, but came out of Aiea. Good size and solid technique, lacks a mean streak and just aggressiveness at times, but has potential. Played at Aiea last year, i believe he has a sister that plays/played volleyball for the Na Ali'i. So you say you changed schools for a better education? well your parents left your sister at Aiea.
VaeVae Malepeai ST. LOUIS

That pretty much makes up the rushing attack that Mililani had this year, Without those 3 recruits I highly doubt Mililani contents for the OIA title.
Any other transfer students that anyone else knows of that played for Mililani this year? This sucks I thought and was hoping that it was one or two transfers that came in to help the core out, but it looks like the core was a bunch of transfers.

ProudDad
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Mililani Rushing Attack Recruited

Post by ProudDad »

I believe Agasiva still has a sister at Farrington so it can't be for a better education bcuz why leave her behind...looks like Okimoto has a point with his comments in da newspaper...

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

If any of you think this is surprising, look at York's background.

dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

Post by dirtylickens »

I agree that Mililani has picked up some studs from different areas. But lets look at FARRINGTON. I think Okimoto should've gone anonymous. Nolan Eseroma is from Kaneohe if im not mistaken. I know Maeda runs a tight ship out there, so i can see why he would prefer to play for an undiscipline team like Farrington. Also heard Taumua lives in Halawa? not sure about that one. But i know he has family in the Kalihi area, not too sure about Eseroma. Their Kicker Sasaoka is from Kahuku! im sure he transfers back next year when the haole kid graduates.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

One question: would York be selling Mililani as hard as he is if he WEREN'T an Iolani graduate? Speaking of which, when Look retires, will York be a candidate to replace him?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:One question: would York be selling Mililani as hard as he is if he WEREN'T an Iolani graduate? Speaking of which, when Look retires, will York be a candidate to replace him?
Well, I would doubt that York is selling Mililani hard because he's an Iolani grad. Wouldn't it make more sense if her were a Mililani grad?

As for Look's replacement, that's a very good question. Look graduated from Iolani in '78, which makes him about 53. Still has more coaching years in him. Look at Punahou's Ane; he graduated from Punahou in '71, which makes him about 60. Whenever Look DOES retire, York--as an Iolani grad--will probably be in the running. I would imagine so would the current Kaimuki coach, Onigama, who's ALSO an Iolani grad, and HE'S younger than York.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
FatherofCody&Casey wrote:One question: would York be selling Mililani as hard as he is if he WEREN'T an Iolani graduate? Speaking of which, when Look retires, will York be a candidate to replace him?
Well, I would doubt that York is selling Mililani hard because he's an Iolani grad. Wouldn't it make more sense if her were a Mililani grad?

As for Look's replacement, that's a very good question. Look graduated from Iolani in '78, which makes him about 53. Still has more coaching years in him. Look at Punahou's Ane; he graduated from Punahou in '71, which makes him about 60. Whenever Look DOES retire, York--as an Iolani grad--will probably be in the running. I would imagine so would the current Kaimuki coach, Onigama, who's ALSO an Iolani grad, and HE'S younger than York.
I kinda know who Punahou is grooming to replace Ane.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:

I kinda know who Punahou is grooming to replace Ane.
FatherofCaseyandCody, I do believe Kale is grooming his son, Teetai to take over the program when he eventually steps down. Although i dont agree that he is the answer, it seems like the writing is on the wall. His play calling has been suspect at times down the stretch even going too conservative during the state championship game allowing Mililani back into the game. But sadly, looks like Kale's mind is already made up.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Im all for less competent coaching at Punahou, I believe it is for that reason they lost to Kahuku the past two championships and almost lost it to Mililani this year.
Go Big RED! Go getum next year!
-------------------

beaver2410
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by beaver2410 »

Lol Teetai Ane is a proud graduate of Kalani and a 0 game winner. But hey, they say you don't have to be a good player to be a good coach

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

beaver2410 wrote:Lol Teetai Ane is a proud graduate of Kalani and a 0 game winner. But hey, they say you don't have to be a good player to be a good coach

haha but you do have to be a good coach to be a good coach. He is not a good coach. What kind of OC never wears a headset? haha.... one with Tuileta on the field running the show. Next year will be when he is put to the test.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

beaver2410 wrote:Lol Teetai Ane is a proud graduate of Kalani and a 0 game winner. But hey, they say you don't have to be a good player to be a good coach
If Teetai IS a Kalani alumnus, I would thank and congratulate Kale for having faith in the public schools. I now hold Kale in much higher esteem; he's not an elitist.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

If Teetai IS a Kalani alumnus, I would thank and congratulate Kale for having faith in the public schools. I now hold Kale in much higher esteem; he's not an elitist.

As tought as it is to believe. If my sources are correct. Teetai never made it into Punahou. He tried out, but they did NOT admit him. Maybe this was back when Punahou was the laughing stock of the ILH. And loss to Damien and Pac-5. So Kale Ane's "pull" may not have been as strong as it is now. But the Ane's are definetely a prestigious Punahou family... So im not sure what the reasons are, but he didnt get into Punahou and ended up at Kalani.

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

Ane's retirement is several years away and anything can happen but I would bet AGAINST Teetai being hired as head coach.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

whatdoesthefoxsay wrote:Ane's retirement is several years away and anything can happen but I would bet AGAINST Teetai being hired as head coach.

I know quite a few people within the program. And many who are former coaches under Ane. The consensus from what i have been hearing is that he is extremely hard to work with. I am still in shock that he brought in Agenhart Ellis. But the program is as successful as it has ever been. My sources from within the program have told me that Teetai is lost. He has no idea what he is doing when it comes to play calling. He began as a intermediate offensive line coach behind Punahou great Kevin Uperesa, and in a matter of a few years became the D-line coach for the varsity team in 08. Both coaches that were working with the d-line left when he joined the staff, and many that have come in hopes of helping the unit have been either unable to deal with Teetai, or turned down by Kale. I have heard stories of even players approaching him about Teetai, but as with many parents, they dont take well to the criticism of their children. But thats just what i have been hearing from friends within the program. Teetai has been accelerated up the coaching ranks in the hopes that one day Ane can hand it over to his son, similar to what happened between Kale's father and himself. I dont know how the program has gone before, so im not sure whether there were coaches in between Ane Sr. and Kale, but from what i have heard that is the plan for the long term.