The REAL All-Star Game

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Re: The REAL All-Star Game

Post by Undftd »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
eonatoa wrote:Whoa there he goes again!

The thread was a ranking of D1 teams for next year. I put your Bluff and Boo in the top 3. Am I an idiot for doing that?

Neva mine trying to play bully on an internet message board. You aint gonna intimidate anyone from behind your keyboard. You also will never change anyones opinions, we are free to have our own, not accept yours as law. And instead of supporting your team, obviously Punahou, you are making them look bad through your personal attacks. How about showing people some class, and providing a positive image for your school?
"Bluff and Boo". Now let's admit: THAT'S clever and funny! Punahou alumni: Please don't be offended; just some levity here. Sometimes these threads get too hot and heavy with harsh posts. Let's please be lighthearted and jovial at times; let's not take every little thing TOO seriously. Let's chuckle every now and then.
Eh swag43 you and HS fb fanatic should meet up and compare insults because you two would seem like the perfect couple.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

The thread was a ranking of D1 teams for next year. I put your Bluff and Boo in the top 3. Am I an idiot for doing that?

Neva mine trying to play bully on an internet message board. You aint gonna intimidate anyone from behind your keyboard. You also will never change anyones opinions, we are free to have our own, not accept yours as law. And instead of supporting your team, obviously Punahou, you are making them look bad through your personal attacks. How about showing people some class, and providing a positive image for your school?

Here's your comments from that thread

"The top 3 spots will depend on who has the best recruiting classes. Punahou will probably get some quality transfers, and Mililani will definitely have a few additions to their squad". .

I respect people with knowledge of Hawaii football on all levels but you and yobabyyo seem to be on the same level as far as football knowledge....You not knowing TRANSFERS to any ILH school must sit out a year already shows me your full of it...But than again your an idiot for trying to correct the infamous Swag43

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Undftd wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:

"Bluff and Boo". Now let's admit: THAT'S clever and funny! Punahou alumni: Please don't be offended; just some levity here. Sometimes these threads get too hot and heavy with harsh posts. Let's please be lighthearted and jovial at times; let's not take every little thing TOO seriously. Let's chuckle every now and then.
Eh swag43 you and HS fb fanatic should meet up and compare insults because you two would seem like the perfect couple.
Relax. As I said in my post, that was just a chuckle about a clever play on Punahou's nickname; it wasn't intended as an insult. Read that post again.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Swag43 wrote:

"The top 3 spots will depend on who has the best recruiting classes. Punahou will probably get some quality transfers, and Mililani will definitely have a few additions to their squad". .

I respect people with knowledge of Hawaii football on all levels but you and yobabyyo seem to be on the same level as far as football knowledge....You not knowing TRANSFERS to any ILH school must sit out a year already shows me your full of it...But than again your an idiot for trying to correct the infamous Swag43
I dont subscribe to the "Transfers Weekly". Im from an OIA public school where we raise our own athletes, not recruit them. So excuse me if i dont keep up to date with the recruiting rules and regulations. Fact is, your school is comprised 100% of recruits and transfers. Every athlete on your team transferred to your school when they enrolled. Why you wont accept and admit that is very high nosed and arrogant. Im not sure if conversing with you is even worth the effort.

What does SWAG mean anyway? Wait a minute, i just googled it, LOL! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=6221132

yobabyyo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by yobabyyo »

Swag43 spewed hateful arrogant better-than-you insults all over scoring live to the point they had to shut it down. He may be smart in somethings, but is absolutely ignorant when it comes to people skills or he has a desperate need for attention. Why would anyone want to congratulate Punahou when he and a couple others here rep them?

Want to thank most everyone else here for letting all discuss, state their opinions, ask questions etc. re: high school football. I am learning a lot. Love Hawaii High School Football!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

yobabyyo wrote:Swag43 spewed hateful arrogant better-than-you insults all over scoring live to the point they had to shut it down. He may be smart in somethings, but is absolutely ignorant when it comes to people skills or he has a desperate need for attention. Why would anyone want to congratulate Punahou when he and a couple others here rep them?

Want to thank most everyone else here for letting all discuss, state their opinions, ask questions etc. re: high school football. I am learning a lot. Love Hawaii High School Football!
Well, quite frankly, the desire to congratulate Punahou might be limited even WITHOUT "him and a couple others here." I think Punahou's "popularity problem" is the result of YEARS of "monopolizing" most of the ILH/State titles. Obviously, Punahou's alumni congratulate their alma mater, and that's perfectly understandable. But it might be a tough sell to get OTHERS to congratulate Punahou.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

eonatoa wrote:
Swag43 wrote:

I dont subscribe to the "Transfers Weekly". Im from an OIA public school where we raise our own athletes, not recruit them. So excuse me if i dont keep up to date with the recruiting rules and regulations. Fact is, your school is comprised 100% of recruits and transfers. Every athlete on your team transferred to your school when they enrolled. Why you wont accept and admit that is very high nosed and arrogant. Im not sure if conversing with you is even worth the effort.

What does SWAG mean anyway? Wait a minute, i just googled it, LOL! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=6221132
Its funny how you use urban dictionary as a primary source. and my son goes to punahou and plays football, yes he starts. been there since Kindergarten so he wasnt recruited. no need to get salty because you team lost and make up excuses why punahou won. where do you want them to get players from a five mile radius?
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

yobabyyo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by yobabyyo »

Geez...if your kids is arrogant as you...what a loss! 12 years at Punahou? Just think how many CLEATS and HELMETS you could have purchased for those kids in Waianae or Kahuku or Nanakuli....or...????

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Undftd wrote:
Its funny how you use urban dictionary as a primary source. and my son goes to punahou and plays football, yes he starts. been there since Kindergarten so he wasnt recruited. no need to get salty because you team lost and make up excuses why punahou won. where do you want them to get players from a five mile radius?
If the criteria for ILH schools having their own "homegrown" athletes means that the student be enrolled since Kindergarden, regardless of where they are from then I seriously doubt punahou gets out of the ILH, where was punahou all these years in the prep bowl and state championships with your own homegrown athletes? All of a sudden you guys are putting out 3-6 FBS talent a year. You guys are the new kids on the block for football so something has had to change recently. Scholarships? making it easier for low income kids to get in?

I think the fact that you keep trying to defend punahou just keeps dragging this discussion on and on. at the end of the day myself and every othere parent out there know that the ILH schools are a great place to educate our kids which is the most important thing in life. this is a sports forum so we only talking sports, but educationaly I speak for myself and im sure any other parent on here, that I respect the position you are in and sacrifices you make for your child to attend punahou.
-------------------

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Whats funny is how defensive you are when im not even directing anything towards you! But if u want to join in the discussion, ok! Yes the urban dictionary i a good place to look up definitions for slang words like swag. Unless youd like mirrium-websters definition below

Main Entry: swag
Function: noun
Date: 1660
1 : sway 1 2 a : something (as a decoration) hanging in a curve between two points : festoon b : a suspended cluster (as of evergreen branches) 3 a : goods acquired by unlawful means : loot b : spoils, profits 4 : a depression in the earth 5 chiefly Australian : a pack of personal belongings

Number 3 looks interesting!

And congrats if your son has been there K-12! I will show you and your son some respect and not talk about him!

And LOL about your last sentence! Getting students from a 5 mile radius! Its funny that this is unthinkable for you! Because this is exactly what many public schools do, and for years, have been able to compete with schools like yours, and on some occasions, beat your school!

Yeah we lose, us strong humans can deal with it. But you and Swag have won it all, and are still upset and expect more from everyone like we owe you something! I feel sorry for you, cuz u may never see or get to experience life from all perspectives because of your arrogance and need to push others below you.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

yobabyyo wrote:Geez...if your kids is arrogant as you...what a loss! 12 years at Punahou? Just think how many CLEATS and HELMETS you could have purchased for those kids in Waianae or Kahuku or Nanakuli....or...????
The irony is that Waianae, Kahuku, AND Nanakuli have lit stadiums that can host night games, while Punahou doesn't.

FASBOY'90
Starter
Starter

Post by FASBOY'90 »

Descartes22 wrote:Why have an All-Star game period? It is so lame and pointless. It only adds to injuries, too.
It's actually a sense of accomplishment, an honor and privilege for those chosen to play with the best from other schools around the state in an all star game. The game is all in goodwill. The bonding of players from different schools bring each program closer together. The feeling is mutual. When a parent has a son/daughter that is chosen by there respective coach to play in an all star game, the feeling of being a proud parent is at an all time high. Many times you will find players from different schools hanging out at your house after the all star game because your son/daughter has bonded with these athletes. It's hard to explain, when the day comes when you get a chance to experience it, you will know the feeling I'm talking about. Can't complain, this game is for the kids. They gotta have fun sometimes.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

It's not really an all-star game...it's a senior game...All-Star are the list ScoringLive and Star-Advertiser provides...most of these seniors ain't on that list

footballfreak
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by footballfreak »

Swag43 wrote:It's not really an all-star game...it's a senior game...All-Star are the list ScoringLive and Star-Advertiser provides...most of these seniors ain't on that list
It is sad because they called it the HUB All-Star game, but the ones who made the All-Star list on both the scoring live (All-Hawaii Team) and Star Advertiser didn't even get invited. Teams like Moanalua who basically had one All-Star on the second team had 9 players invited to play the game, just because their their head coach coached the game. Mililani had 10 players in that game and not all ten made the list. Who ever invites the players should take a better look next year and stop robbing the deservant players.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

footballfreak wrote:
Swag43 wrote:It's not really an all-star game...it's a senior game...All-Star are the list ScoringLive and Star-Advertiser provides...most of these seniors ain't on that list
It is sad because they called it the HUB All-Star game, but the ones who made the All-Star list on both the scoring live (All-Hawaii Team) and Star Advertiser didn't even get invited. Teams like Moanalua who basically had one All-Star on the second team had 9 players invited to play the game, just because their their head coach coached the game. Mililani had 10 players in that game and not all ten made the list. Who ever invites the players should take a better look next year and stop robbing the deservant players.
Before you talk trah get your facts straight, it is called the HUB Senior Bowl, not All-Star Game. Second you dont get invited to play, your coach sends you. you can send as many people as you want as a coach.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions