High School Sports Forums might be shut down soon 9/24/13

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

High School Sports Forums might be shut down soon 9/24/13

Post by ubercow »

People just can't seem to get along here so I'm just locking up the forum for the time being. Maybe it'll reopen later, maybe it'll just disappear altogether. If the attacking and anger in here spills into the other forums, I'm gonna start banning. Thank you for your time.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

I would like to start off by saying sorry that it took me so long to post on this subject. I just got back from a week in Canada and then a week in the hospital with my daughter (limited internet access). We have been receiving many PM's and emails about our high school forum. Majority of them are negative and vexatious. Our moderators have been blamed for trying to navigate traffic to our site for profit, not doing their job, favoring one organization over another, etc.

It is unfortunate that the high school forums have become a place where the Sports Hawaii Ohana can't seem to get along. I understand that it is probably just a handful of people but it has become uncomfortable and too much work for myself and our moderators. The high school forum currently has only 3% of the forums traffic, but produces about 90% of the Ohana's problems.

Yes we do have problems with people using sockpuppets, (sockpuppet definition): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_sock_puppet and also with people impersonating others. To a degree we try to do our homework and when problems arise we investigate and try to work with them privately to correct the situation. This is a problem that all message board communities face and the bottom line is that the only way to get through this is by means of a combined effort of the entire Ohana and the moderators.

We are still debating the future of the high school forum and how we should manage it. There have been suggestions to make everyone register with real names and show proof of identity but I don't think that would be a realistic option for the Sports Hawaii Ohana. If you have any suggestions please reply to this thread in the general forums.

I would like to take this time to thank all of our moderators for the wonderful job that they do. They do it purely on a volunteer basis mainly for the love of sports here in Hawaii and the camaraderie with the other Sports Hawaii Ohana members.

Thank you.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The high school forum is now unlocked. Let's all enjoy fruitful discussions on the upcoming high school sports seasons!

Mahalo,
Scott

Lunas1831
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Lunas1831 »

Keep it as is no changes, but remember we are discussing student/athletes....
Moderators continue to emphasize a zero tolerence to posters who contribute "bash material" or just plain ol' bull$hit...Like I mentioned we are discussing student/athletes (teens) if that isnt enough of a sensative issue--then I dont know what is.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Lunas1831 wrote:Keep it as is no changes, but remember we are discussing student/athletes....
Moderators continue to emphasize a zero tolerence to posters who contribute "bash material" or just plain ol' bull$hit...Like I mentioned we are discussing student/athletes (teens) if that isnt enough of a sensative issue--then I dont know what is.
Great post and thank you!

Mahalo,
Scott

bulla
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bulla »

Lunas1831 wrote:Keep it as is no changes, but remember we are discussing student/athletes....
DITTO FOR ME!!!

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

I like the adminman. He's nice.

TW 8)
GO WARRIORS!!!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ok folks, we just removed a thread made by a player who claimed what was previously said here led to an illegal play (which was later ruled by many as a legal play).

Ironically this same player who did the complaining previously made a negative name-calling remark about the player who he claims unfairly hit him.

Like we mentioned, this forum will be "TIGHTLY" moderated.
If a player want to "Call out another player", DON'T DO IT HERE!!!!

Use your Myspace or what ever else you folks use to trash talk over the internet.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Admin Note (UPDATED)

Post by Scott »

REMINDER, THE HIGH SCHOOL FORUM IS NOT A SMACK TALK MESSAGE BOARD. PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSIONS CIVIL AND CLEAN OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. READ THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SPORTS HAWAII OHANA.

Mahalo,
Scott

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

YungMoney please read the Rules and Mission Statement Thread.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Ok folks just a reminder that this site is not meant to be a place to spread rumors, personally attack athletes, etc....

BigWave96744

Former High School players

Post by BigWave96744 »

Aloha Folks,
This is a great forum to discuss High School and Youth sports.

Could you help the mods by starting new threads regarding formers high school players (playing at a mainland school) in the "SPORTS FORUM".

Mahalo for your support and contributions...

kolohekeiki
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Former High School players

Post by kolohekeiki »

are you jus referring to high school athletes playing at mainland colleges, or jus all high school alumni in general even if they are playing at local schools (i.e. UH-Manoa, Chaminade, etc.)?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

kolohekeiki wrote:are you jus referring to high school athletes playing at mainland colleges, or jus all high school alumni in general even if they are playing at local schools (i.e. UH-Manoa, Chaminade, etc.)?
The Mods wanted to keep this forum for the High Schoolers and Youth.
If they go to UH, please post in one of the UH Forums (according to their sport)
If they go away, please post in the SPORTS Forum

If you want to Wala Au about a certain athlete's High School Career, you can post it here :wink:
It's always good to remember Da High School Daze :D

kolohekeiki
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kolohekeiki »

Aloha Big Wave or other moderators, is it possible to maybe make a separate forum for homegrown athletes that went away to college?