Iolani stop playing D2 and recruiting

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
mycall
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Iolani stop playing D2 and recruiting

Post by mycall »

soleu wrote:Iolani would have D1 talent if they made the switch and the young prospects would see that there's another option to get out there. Look at the talent they have for basketball.
TRUTH.

auffrey1979

Post by auffrey1979 »

Crusader88 wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:St Louis' offense is so potent, St Louis might beat Punahou. I'm not sure Punahou's D can stop St Louis' passing game.
Not with Matt Wright coaching. BTW, what does that game have to do with anything? We need a coaching change.
No really, shut up leave Iolani alone. You give Crusader alums a bad name. It's not Matt Wright that has to go. He did not commit four fourth quarter TOs against Kamehameha. Vinny Passas has to go. Game wen passed him by.

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

ILH rules are that if you transfer between ILH schools you have to sit out a year, so if you're going to poach from other schools, do it in the 7th or 8th grade. Kids move to where they can get playing time (and have a chance to win). How many kids move from the Neighbor Islands to live with Uncle and Aunty in Laie? A couple of years ago, a kicker and his father moved from Florida to Laie just for a chance to play at a higher profile program. Per the new rules, if Iolani wins the D2 State Championship again they have to move up to D1.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Would be interesting to have stricter transfer rules and not allow ILH to participate in HHSAA tourney. Then you would force kids to play at the school of their geographic location. IMO, Kahuku will still win, but other powerhouses would include Farrington, Waipahu, Campbell?????????? Interesting!

St. Francis Parent
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by St. Francis Parent »

kapakahi wrote:Everyone should know by now.......that ALL the ILH schools recruit.
So Damien, St. Francis, and Pac-Five recruit? If so, they're struggling in that department.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

eonatoa wrote:Would be interesting to have stricter transfer rules and not allow ILH to participate in HHSAA tourney. Then you would force kids to play at the school of their geographic location. IMO, Kahuku will still win, but other powerhouses would include Farrington, Waipahu, Campbell?????????? Interesting!
I would have no problem with that.

lol808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lol808 »

halaokolele wrote:I would rather let my kid go to school in the SOUTH SIDE OF CHICAGO instead of letting him go to Iolani. And you would too. St. Francis is a better school than Iolani anyway! Ulufale is a much better coach than Wendell the coward anyway! He tries his best with what he has. Look poaches as much as he can.

Have you been there jr?

Iolani is one of the finest academic schools in the state with a 99% post high school education. Facalities are new and well kept, best instructors that money can buy. tiny catholic schools never have money this is why they allowed boys admission. Look has title after title under his belt, sure its bull crap they are in D2 but hes playing within the rules. d2 would be a joke without them.

Nothing is wrong with recruiting in my book but kids will choose the better option.. example your kid gets poached from his local high school spends a year with Ulafale at st.francis in the ILH intermediate, Next year poached by Iolani see the kids always want to upgrade. Ulufale is not recruiting out of his good heart for your kid, he is recruiting because he wants to WIN! just like every other team that recruits they want to win. bench warmers dont get recruited!

so parents need to consider what school not team will develop their kids potential, blind faith and ignorance dont work.
Correction: Iolani is THE finest academic school in the state. With a 99.8% post high school education. For you moron parents out there, that means out of EVERY kid in high school (9-12th grades), only 2 do not go to college straight out of high school. Usually, they have a better opportunity such as running a family business or some other reason. Not because they are stupid or lazy. We aren't talking community college either. Iolani recruits like every other ILH school but the kids still have to qualify academically. They also still have to get a 2.0 gpa and it is not easy. Schools like punahou, St. Louis and kamehameha have remedial classes (we called it fundys for fundamentals) back in the day but iolani does not. I remember trying to pass fcking regular algebra 2 and it's hard as hell. My friend teaches alg 2 fundys at punahou and it's barely harder than coloring time in kindergarten.

Furthermore, iolani is considered a "small" school because of its enrollment size (215 or so for each class) not the size of the players dummies. Also, how many players are actually on the team? 50? St. Louis and kamehameha get damn near 100. Iolani doesn't cut players because they don't have the liberty.

To the parent who said he would send their kid to Chicago or whatever instead of iolani, you should not have a child. You should be charged with child abuse and should have a psych evaluation stat! You are one of the dumbest people I have ever had the displeasure of reading a post from. I can only just laugh and hope you do not procreate anymore.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Whoa, lol808, hold-up! You're not going to win any friends for Iolani with THAT kind of post.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:Whoa, lol808, hold-up! You're not going to win any friends for Iolani with THAT kind of post.
IKR.

Iol808, you make the DECENT people of Iolani look bad, stuck-up, and lacking humility. Are you TRYING to make your beloved school look bad?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

lol808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lol808 »

gopunahou wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:Whoa, lol808, hold-up! You're not going to win any friends for Iolani with THAT kind of post.
IKR.

Iol808, you make the DECENT people of Iolani look bad, stuck-up, and lacking humility. Are you TRYING to make your beloved school look bad?
Beloved? Not really. I have no beef with other ILH schools, we are all the same in many ways. What punahou lacks, iolani has. But iolani lacks much more that punahou excels in. On and on. Well St. Louis doesn't have much that any other ILH school lacks. I spoke facts and of course I came off pompous, it's merely a response to the polarizing ridiculousness already in this thread. This thread is so ridiculous. That one dummy said he'd send his kid to south central Chicago instead of investing in his kid's academic future. LOL.

Ok, my grown up response is:

All ILH schools recruit. Some have more to offer than others. Iolani kids still have a tough time being accepted and keeping up the gpa; nothing is given to them. Not unlike other schools. I know that as fact.

I believe every school which falls under the enrollment requirements for D-2 should play D-2. With the exception of Kahuku, because, well, they are Kahuku. Please tell me why a school with 100 boys per class should play against schools with 200, 300 boys per class. In the late 90s, we had less than 10 guys over 200 on our roster. One of them was Joe Igber. He outweighed just about all his lineman. Individually, iolani is small. Roster-wise, iolani is small. They belong in D-2. Other teams should build up D-2 and make it more competitive.

No, if iolani is D-1, they will not get better players. As I stated earlier, and should have been obvious by reputation, iolani doesn't merely recruit on athletic skill. Academic scores count a great deal and is the reason why iolani will never constantly win in several sports concurrently.

If you would rather send your kid to a school in one of the worst public school systems in the United States of America, you are doing a great disservice to your child.

It seems many don't truly understand ILH recruiting or what each respective school may offer their child. I would suggest a little research or you may come off as a little undereducated.

Okay.

I also apologize but reading the garbage in here brought out my inner troll.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Any details on the fight that broke out in Iolani vs Damien game

beaver2410
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by beaver2410 »

The only people who should be upset about recruiting is the people of the OIA. Everyone in the iLH tries to take the best kids from the pop Warner teams..take kalani falcons pop Warner for example, they produced kanawai noa, Marcus mariota, and a ton of other standouts who play for iolani, punahou and St. Louis. I'm sure many other pop Warner programs go through the same thing. Look at your best player ranaan mamiya, he was at kalani training over the summer when he was an incoming 9th grader. St francis stop crying because your losing badly and look at your AD he's probably the most corrupt in the state and you think he's the only one doing things correctly not recruiting, dream on.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

lol808 wrote:
gopunahou wrote:
IKR.

Beloved? Not really. I have no beef with other ILH schools, we are all the same in many ways. What punahou lacks, iolani has. But iolani lacks much more that punahou excels in. On and on. Well St. Louis doesn't have much that any other ILH school lacks. I spoke facts and of course I came off pompous, it's merely a response to the polarizing ridiculousness already in this thread. This thread is so ridiculous. That one dummy said he'd send his kid to south central Chicago instead of investing in his kid's academic future. LOL.

Ok, my grown up response is:

All ILH schools recruit. Some have more to offer than others. Iolani kids still have a tough time being accepted and keeping up the gpa; nothing is given to them. Not unlike other schools. I know that as fact.

I believe every school which falls under the enrollment requirements for D-2 should play D-2. With the exception of Kahuku, because, well, they are Kahuku. Please tell me why a school with 100 boys per class should play against schools with 200, 300 boys per class. In the late 90s, we had less than 10 guys over 200 on our roster. One of them was Joe Igber. He outweighed just about all his lineman. Individually, iolani is small. Roster-wise, iolani is small. They belong in D-2. Other teams should build up D-2 and make it more competitive.

No, if iolani is D-1, they will not get better players. As I stated earlier, and should have been obvious by reputation, iolani doesn't merely recruit on athletic skill. Academic scores count a great deal and is the reason why iolani will never constantly win in several sports concurrently.

If you would rather send your kid to a school in one of the worst public school systems in the United States of America, you are doing a great disservice to your child.

It seems many don't truly understand ILH recruiting or what each respective school may offer their child. I would suggest a little research or you may come off as a little undereducated.

Okay.

I also apologize but reading the garbage in here brought out my inner troll.
At least you are honest about going overboard, know that it's always helpful to be humble, and ain't a hypocritical. Unlike some other people here.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

fanoffb wrote:Any details on the fight that broke out in Iolani vs Damien game
There was a fight?

locogrown808

Post by locogrown808 »

ok i think i've held off long enough on this topic..
a) there is recruiting in all schools whether it be public or private schools. the big schools recruiting are Punahou, St. Louis, and Iolani..Kamehameha isnt necessarily recruiting but their tuition is so low that it could pretty much be recruiting should they get the right guys to apply
b) to the st. francis guy..ok im going to preface this by saying do not take what im saying personally, but st. francis recruited pretty furiously this offseason bringing in some big boys and adding some quality skill guys resulting in you guys running all over the ILH intermediate schools. again this isnt bad, trust me i was hoping you guys got better especially after that difficult season last year. but yes i agree; compared to all the other programs in the ILH, Damien, Pac-5 and St. Francis are true D-II teams given their relative enrollment and team size which leads me to
c) Iolani is D-I ready. the only real reason Iolani is D-II in football is because schools were originally allotted certain spots for D-II and iolani chose to keep their fb team in D-II to stay competitive..and they've been D-II since. but i do believe they need to move up. i mean 7 straight is a bit much. and for those defending iolani need to understand that after a while winning that much and often with the amount of depth they have on their team? i mean if you can bench your starters when you play against D-I to stay healthy for D-II play? seriously they need to move up.