Fehoko committed to Texas Tech

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

Fehoko committed to Texas Tech

Post by dirtylickens »

Ive been hearing some ramblings from sources saying that Breiden Fehoko has committed to Texas Tech. interesting choice seeing as his offer list is continuing to grow. I personally think of him as an above average player with the help of his mothers marketing that has gotten his name out there. kudos to him and his family, and congratulations on the commitment Mr. Fehoko.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Fehoko committed to Texas Tech

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Being that his father(and mom i think) are Kahuku grads, and he'll be representing the 808, wishing young Fehoko the best!

with that being said, i think he's being overhyped. don't get me wrong, i believe he's very talented and could blossom into an exceptional player, but imho, his play on the field so far hasn't matched the hype.

people can talk about him being double and triple teamed, but there's a former Waianae player who's currently playing for the home team that faced just as much challenges on the field and still dominated.

football_fan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by football_fan »

rrforlifebaby wrote:Being that his father(and mom i think) are Kahuku grads, and he'll be representing the 808, wishing young Fehoko the best!

with that being said, i think he's being overhyped. don't get me wrong, i believe he's very talented and could blossom into an exceptional player, but imho, his play on the field so far hasn't matched the hype.

people can talk about him being double and triple teamed, but there's a former Waianae player who's currently playing for the home team that faced just as much challenges on the field and still dominated.

What makes him 10 times more appealing than that "Waianae player" is his 4.0 GPA in school. This is a lesson to be learned from all student-athletes. With the measurables and strength he has plus coupled with his flawless academic acumen, equals well deserved hype and offers from schools across the country. A public school product getting it done the right way...

Their probably is a Fehoko type player somewhere in the state that is a little bit better, but without the Fehoko work ethic, a 1.4 GPA and no aspirations to go to college. Nature of the beast...

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

The recruiting game is all about the hype. I would say that your on field performance and game film would only account for less than 50% of your appeal as a recruit. The other 50 consist of academics, measurables, and amount of interest from other schools.

Ive seen a youtube video of Fehoko repping 225 lbs 36 times. Give the kid some credit. Hype dont make you strong. The kid has done his work, and deserves respect. Best of luck to him!

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

With college techniques he will be a force to reckon with. Right now all I see is a bull rush and no double team or pass rush technique. He has average hip mobility. Have you seen him lately? He is massive, his streghth is off the scale, not sure about the speed haven't seen him run recently.

westside.gee

Post by westside.gee »

EASTHONFAN wrote:With college techniques he will be a force to reckon with. Right now all I see is a bull rush and no double team or pass rush technique. He has average hip mobility. Have you seen him lately? He is massive, his streghth is off the scale, not sure about the speed haven't seen him run recently.
He wasnt very mobile last year, couldnt wrap up and tackle, runs out of gas early in the game, now your saying he is even bigger? not sure if that is a good thing.

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

He should check out Matt Faga's D-line clinic. He could use some of those techniques that Matt teaches to get an head start before he goes to college. Anyone interested in Matt's Dline clinics can Email Matt at rockyfaga96@gmail.com
Website soon to be up and running

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Fehokos seem to be doing just fine with the plan they have been working.

DA SCOUT

Post by DA SCOUT »

rrforlifebaby wrote:Being that his father(and mom i think) are Kahuku grads, and he'll be representing the 808, wishing young Fehoko the best!

that former waianae player was horrible against the double team and would give up consistintly when not able to penetrate the double thats why they moved him all over to the match up . remember one game his senior year when he was getting handled by the waipahu center just one guy and i believe he was a junior. fehoko has a way higher ceiling than tulimasealii will ever have better work ethic way stronger no comparison except kennedy's speed, his best games will always be against army and airforce where he can play with no technique like high school and just shoot gaps . we will get a heavy dose of him this year and will see how he plays as a starter and not a situational player.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Breiden Fehoko is a great example for all our young Hawaii athletes and Like all his older brothers before him represent Hawaii and Polynesia well on and off the field.
-------------------

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

i cant believe i just read someone say that Tulimasealii is not as good as Fehoko. that is the most bogus thing ive ever read. Yes his grades are bad, and yes fehoko has a 4.0 at Farrington. They are both exceptional players, but I have seen Tulimasealii literally toy with lineman in the OIA West. If you watch Fehokos highlight tape, you'll see him bull rushing a student that is half his size and forced to play tackle for Castle. Now this tape will help him get recruited, but I believe that Tulimasealii, if given the opportunity to go elsewhere (Not able because of academics) he would be head and shoulders above Fehoko. Tulimaseali'i was never the second best lineman on his team, and I would go out on a limb to say that was the case beginning in his sophomore year. Fehoko on the other hand, has still not been dubbed the best dlineman on his own team. Not with Motu Heimuli being the player that he is.

Give Fehoko for credit for getting his name out there, and keeping his head in the books. Give him credit for his work in the weight room, and for his high work ethic. But dont say that he is better than a player who was an all state 1st team selection for 3 years in a row. How Fehoko made it this year is Completely outrageous.

I am happy for him, he deserves to decide on any school he feels comofortable. With his brother Same being an alum, and VJ transferring over after graduating from Utah, we see why comfort would be the case. Fehoko is a D1 talent, but not as talented as many make him out to be. I wish him the best of luck, and hope he proves me wrong. As of right now, I dont see him being much more than a rotational player. needs to work on his speed. he has the strength

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

dirtylickens wrote:i cant believe i just read someone say that Tulimasealii is not as good as Fehoko. that is the most bogus thing ive ever read. Yes his grades are bad, and yes fehoko has a 4.0 at Farrington. They are both exceptional players, but I have seen Tulimasealii literally toy with lineman in the OIA West. If you watch Fehokos highlight tape, you'll see him bull rushing a student that is half his size and forced to play tackle for Castle. Now this tape will help him get recruited, but I believe that Tulimasealii, if given the opportunity to go elsewhere (Not able because of academics) he would be head and shoulders above Fehoko. Tulimaseali'i was never the second best lineman on his team, and I would go out on a limb to say that was the case beginning in his sophomore year. Fehoko on the other hand, has still not been dubbed the best dlineman on his own team. Not with Motu Heimuli being the player that he is.

Give Fehoko for credit for getting his name out there, and keeping his head in the books. Give him credit for his work in the weight room, and for his high work ethic. But dont say that he is better than a player who was an all state 1st team selection for 3 years in a row. How Fehoko made it this year is Completely outrageous.

I am happy for him, he deserves to decide on any school he feels comofortable. With his brother Same being an alum, and VJ transferring over after graduating from Utah, we see why comfort would be the case. Fehoko is a D1 talent, but not as talented as many make him out to be. I wish him the best of luck, and hope he proves me wrong. As of right now, I dont see him being much more than a rotational player. needs to work on his speed. he has the strength
One word for you: Frame.

There is a chance that Tulimasealii ends up being the better player or even much better player, but the top programs in the country bet on physical frame, especially at the jumbo positions. Fehoko is the better prospect, plain and simple. Same thing with Pagano a year ago.

KOKOHEAD808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KOKOHEAD808 »

Figures the whole PR game he and his family were playing with each so called offer would result in him making a safe choice

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

All parents should learn from the Fehoku's. Exposure at mainland camps can do wounders for a young recruit. Parents need to market their athletes. Do not rely on your high school coach or school counselors, be proactive.
The young Fehoku is a great prospect and with the guidance of coaches like John Scott Jr. and Defensive coordinator Matt Wallerstedt the young man will be a great college player. Congratulations

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

If there is justice in the world,then maybe someday people you don't know will get to post criticisms against your kids by name and let's see how you guys deal with it.