2014 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Leftfieldcoachlikeu
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2014 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

talloola25 wrote:Who graduated out of each weight class this year? Here is who I remember. Not sure on others.

106:??
113:??
120: Natividad(CAM), Spain(WAK)?
126: Ursusa(PC), Quitugua(CAM)
132: Terao(PC5), Albright(KPO), Durham(KAS)?
138: Akeo(MIL), Chism(LAH)?
145: Riviera(PC)
152: Soloman(KLH), Kamaka(LEI), Ikehara(WAK), Graziano(WAN), Campos(LAH)?
160: Cooper(PC)
170: Williams(CAS), Kikuyama(PC), Kiehm(IOL), Hoshino(KSK)
182: Wiseman(KPO), Gonzalez(RAD)
195: Joe(PC), Laros(HPA)
220: Furuta(MIL), Chatman(RAD)
285: All

A pretty solid class: Ursua(2x), Terao(4x), Akeo(3x), Soloman(1x), Cooper(3x) only five of this years weights were won by non seniors.
Fill in the blanks if you can, or edit the ones that are wrong.
Not sure but:
Balagso 120
Bubba Jaramillo 145
Makana Valdez 152
Christian Agmata 160
Kayed Rodrigues 182
Maui Lee 182

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

Leftfieldcoachlikeu wrote:
talloola25 wrote:Who graduated out of each weight class this year? Here is who I remember. Not sure on others.

106:??
113:??
120: Natividad(CAM), Spain(WAK)?
126: Ursusa(PC), Quitugua(CAM)
132: Terao(PC5), Albright(KPO), Durham(KAS)?
138: Akeo(MIL), Chism(LAH)?
145: Riviera(PC)
152: Soloman(KLH), Kamaka(LEI), Ikehara(WAK), Graziano(WAN), Campos(LAH)?
160: Cooper(PC)
170: Williams(CAS), Kikuyama(PC), Kiehm(IOL), Hoshino(KSK)
182: Wiseman(KPO), Gonzalez(RAD)
195: Joe(PC), Laros(HPA)
220: Furuta(MIL), Chatman(RAD)
285: All

A pretty solid class: Ursua(2x), Terao(4x), Akeo(3x), Soloman(1x), Cooper(3x) only five of this years weights were won by non seniors.
Fill in the blanks if you can, or edit the ones that are wrong.
Not sure but:
Balagso 120
Bubba Jaramillo 145
Makana Valdez 152
Christian Agmata 160
Kayed Rodrigues 182
Maui Lee 182

Anyone have a list of girls saying Aloha!

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

Matsumoto gets 6 months + 5 years probation. Alo's send the guy to the BIG house for a pat on the okole.
She single handedly pushed girls wrestling back to the stone age.

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

wrestling808 wrote:Matsumoto gets 6 months + 5 years probation. Alo's send the guy to the BIG house for a pat on the okole.
A comment left on the Comments section of the Staradvertiser June 28, 2014 article on the Matsumoto case:

link: http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremi ... ports.html

CouchPotato wrote:
Keith Matsumoto is nothing like what this article paints him out to be and the real victim in this case is Keith. Just look at the hate pointed toward Keith in these comments and if it is any indication of the general public's reaction to this article, it is real sad. Shame on the victim and victim parents who let it go this far and the coaches who orchestrated this vendetta. I can guarantee you that the girl didn't think nothing of it and can add to her list of championships a medal for destroying a good persons life, career, and reputation. Beware all coaches of all youth sports ... a pat on the butt ... can turn you into child molester, groper, and a wolf in sheep's clothing and a person who preys on girls, put you jail, and ban you and mark you for the rest of your life. The pat on the butt wasn't sexual in nature at all and no one got a thrill out of it. Man to boy, man to girl, woman to boy, woman to girl any physical contact can be misinterpreted and lead to this kind of result. Chest bump, non sexual hug, non sexual kiss, arm on the shoulders, punch in the arm, pat on the butt, all are no no's but done by adult coaches in youth sports of all ages. Everyone is raised differently, some kids welcome and say good by or thank you with a hug and kiss and a proper coach should give the cold shoulder. That's what this world is coming to. Yes, Keith is a great father, coach, and volunteer who helped coordinate the wrestling state tournaments for many years and has helped hundreds if not thousands of Hawaii wrestlers of both gender as a coach and volunteer. The 81 letters of support is only the tip of the ice berg of those who feel this is a travesty.
on June 29,2014 | 04:04PM

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

twnoexcuses wrote:
wrestling808 wrote:Matsumoto gets 6 months + 5 years probation. Alo's send the guy to the BIG house for a pat on the okole.
A comment left on the Comments section of the Staradvertiser June 28, 2014 article on the Matsumoto case:

link: http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremi ... ports.html

CouchPotato wrote:
Keith Matsumoto is nothing like what this article paints him out to be and the real victim in this case is Keith. Just look at the hate pointed toward Keith in these comments and if it is any indication of the general public's reaction to this article, it is real sad. Shame on the victim and victim parents who let it go this far and the coaches who orchestrated this vendetta. I can guarantee you that the girl didn't think nothing of it and can add to her list of championships a medal for destroying a good persons life, career, and reputation. Beware all coaches of all youth sports ... a pat on the butt ... can turn you into child molester, groper, and a wolf in sheep's clothing and a person who preys on girls, put you jail, and ban you and mark you for the rest of your life. The pat on the butt wasn't sexual in nature at all and no one got a thrill out of it. Man to boy, man to girl, woman to boy, woman to girl any physical contact can be misinterpreted and lead to this kind of result. Chest bump, non sexual hug, non sexual kiss, arm on the shoulders, punch in the arm, pat on the butt, all are no no's but done by adult coaches in youth sports of all ages. Everyone is raised differently, some kids welcome and say good by or thank you with a hug and kiss and a proper coach should give the cold shoulder. That's what this world is coming to. Yes, Keith is a great father, coach, and volunteer who helped coordinate the wrestling state tournaments for many years and has helped hundreds if not thousands of Hawaii wrestlers of both gender as a coach and volunteer. The 81 letters of support is only the tip of the ice berg of those who feel this is a travesty.
on June 29,2014 | 04:04PM
Alo's Mom is the wolf in sheeps clothing. I watched her in team Hawaii practices and she always made Teshya wrestle with the boys. Like Brayden Akeo, Josh Terao and whomever she felt she could use to advance her daughters wrestling. You can bet those days are absolutely over. Ain't no parent with a boy better let Alo wrestle with there sons. I really believe that the next shoe to drop will be Alo suing Keith in civil court. This family single handedly will bring down women's sports. They should get out of town and move to the mainland already. Of course they may have a 1st class ticket after they fleece Keith.

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

Coach,

Not giving my kid enough playing time? Letting the “other kid” be the Setter (playing “favorites”)? Destroying my kid’s chances at a college scholarship? Not letting me be the Team Mom? Making my precious child run laps when no one else has to? Being a fascist dictator and making my kid show up for practice on time? You were seen talking to that other kid and the parents before the transfer to your school. Howcum the other kid gets financial aid and not mine? Did you dare cut my kid? Hey, I'm that kid's coach - not you!

Well, guess what?

I saw you rub up against my kid (that kid) during the team yell with that look on your face. You were smiling. Like a pervert. Better find a lawyer, buddy. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided to you. But not by the school you used to work for. They suspended you the moment they got the email from the parents. Didn't you read about that in the paper?

How could your wife have married you? Do you do that to your own kids?

Above, the coach's nightmare. Possible? Apparently so.

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

After soaking in the Matsumoto sentence, I can't help but feel a giant knot in my gut. I no longer have that supportive feeling I had for girls wrestling. There needs to be a separation between the girls and boys, perhaps even separate seasons. I would agree with Mr. Ono and replace the girls at officials.

I don't believe that judge could be so derelict in his duties. He's declared open season on every coach who has contact with females. Very sad and dangerous.

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

Kama wrote:After soaking in the Matsumoto sentence, I can't help but feel a giant knot in my gut. I no longer have that supportive feeling I had for girls wrestling. There needs to be a separation between the girls and boys, perhaps even separate seasons. I would agree with Mr. Ono and replace the girls at officials.

I don't believe that judge could be so derelict in his duties. He's declared open season on every coach who has contact with females. Very sad and dangerous.

It's not necessarily "open season on coaches". It's only a problem if a coach makes physical contact with a player of any sort, a crazy or angry parent decides to, or gives in to the urge to get revenge for a perceived slight, oversight or favoritism perceived as disadvantaging their child, if something is misinterpreted by anyone, or if someone bears false witness. Other than those isolated situations, coaches should be fine.

Gotta worry about the wrestler on wrestler issues too. One thing that has to stop is boys drilling with girls and vice versa. Don't want either one being accused, much less prosecuted, so early in life.